Your opinion on YSL Easy in Pebble Leather

Hi Everyone - I am hoping you can help me out. I tried a black Easy in pebble leather at the YSL store yesterday. I am debating whether I should get it. It is last piece they have in the store. And as you know, YSL or SLP will discontinue production of Easy, Muse and Roady.

How do you like the leather comparing to Cabas Chyc or Muse? I have black Cabas Chyc and Muse and the leather just gets better as I use it. How about Easy? Does it soften up? How about the shape of the bag?

Hi Everyone - I am hoping you can help me out. I tried a black Easy in pebble leather at the YSL store yesterday. I am debating whether I should get it. It is last piece they have in the store. And as you know, YSL or SLP will discontinue production of Easy, Muse and Roady.

How do you like the leather comparing to Cabas Chyc or Muse? I have black Cabas Chyc and Muse and the leather just gets better as I use it. How about Easy? Does it soften up? How about the shape of the bag?

AH! WHERE?!

I love the pebbled leather. I have a roady in it, and I am obsessed!

Please! If you decide against it, let me know where you found it!

Happy decision making!!! =)

I don't own an Easy but all the store displays use seen had visible scuffing on the corners. A YSL SA said the pebbled leather is quite fragile so I didn't buy it.

This is my small Easy, and the size is newer small, it means larger than the older small.
I checked the weight, it's 855g, and a mini CC is 960g. But because of the design, I feel an Easy is heavier than a Mini CC.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,159
And about the handles, I'm not sure they can hold heavy stuffs as a traveling bag...(´・_・`) if you keep using as a traveling bag for years, I'm afraid the handles might break up...??? The handles stitches shows 'Y' mark...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,153
Last edited:
This is the oppose side of the handles, you can see how they sewed and attach to the body. I'm not sure this is enough strength stitches to hold heavy things for years.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,116
The corners will wear, but that does not take away from the beauty of the crest easy. As for the handles, they have never proven problematic. I have only owned the bag for 2 years though.

This is my small Easy, and the size is newer small, it means larger than the older small.
I checked the weight, it's 855g, and a mini CC is 960g. But because of the design, I feel an Easy is heavier than a Mini CC.
may I ask what is the difference in size between the old small easy and new small easy? Also does the small easy fit A4 size paper, like a writing pad and stuff because I am thinking of getting it and using it as a school bag. Or will a large be more suitable? Thanks!

may I ask what is the difference in size between the old small easy and new small easy? Also does the small easy fit A4 size paper, like a writing pad and stuff because I am thinking of getting it and using it as a school bag. Or will a large be more suitable? Thanks!
Hello, when I tried the older small Easy, the size is similar to a Tod's Bauletto Piccolo satchel. You can see it from here;
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...me=Tod's&N=4294912299+306418049&bmUID=jMVQ6rQ

But once I received the newer Easy, I know it's bigger than the older one. You can google it, so maybe you can find both sizes. I saw some stores informed about it.

About A4 paper, I took 2 pictures which show A4 file is in the bag.
If you want to use it as a boston bag, A4 is impossible to fit in because the file is bent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,025
Last edited:
If you use it as a tote bag, it's kinda ok. The A4 file fit in, but the 21.1cm width is almost same size as the bag's hight, so the A4 file is aslant in the bag. I don't like to put A4 books, bacause maybe they will get some damages...because of the bag's hight.

I think a medium Cabas Chyc is better to put A4 size paper and books as a school bag. I don't know the large Easy size and weight, but my small easy is heavier than my medium CC.

Since this thread is that Lara needs info about the leather difference between Easy or other YSL bags,
I'll stop talking about the size comparison. You might want to make a new thread, so you can get more information about your question
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 1,110
Last edited:
I have/had all three bags.
I prefer the Pebble Leather on Easy. For me it is the best leather of all three.
My Easy is less than a year old and i have used it in snow and the leather still looks perfect.
But i BABY all my bags.:biggrin:

wooooow, we are talking about my FAVOURITE bag of all, I am so addicted to this bubbly leather (called "crest") that I have besace in the same black bubbly, and deep red roady flap in the same leather.....the richest, best leather I have. I carry Easy as a work bag and travel bag, very sturdy, takes a lot.

Leather becomes better and better, not as sturdy as Muse and Downtown calf (or older buffalo which is also calf but treated into a sturdy leather), but it looks so rich and deep, especially in black. I wish I have one in teal as well, and camel.

I do baby my bags, and roady flap in red shows a bit rub on corners, but black is all fine. You can also apply black leather polish and have it as new.

Handles are carrying heavy load, they are fine on my easy, and I have had it for few years now. The bag is soft but is constructed in such a pattern that it still holds shape pretty well although it is a slouchier bag tha Muse and Chyc.

If you look at reference library , sizes are there in a thread about easy:

YSL appears to have changed the Easy size names between 2008 and 2009.

2008 SIZE NAMES
Medium = 12" wide
Large = 15" wide

CURRENT SIZE NAMES
Small = 12" wide
Medium = 15" wide

wooooow, we are talking about my FAVOURITE bag of all, I am so addicted to this bubbly leather (called "crest") that I have besace in the same black bubbly, and deep red roady flap in the same leather.....the richest, best leather I have. I carry Easy as a work bag and travel bag, very sturdy, takes a lot.

Leather becomes better and better, not as sturdy as Muse and Downtown calf (or older buffalo which is also calf but treated into a sturdy leather), but it looks so rich and deep, especially in black. I wish I have one in teal as well, and camel.

I do baby my bags, and roady flap in red shows a bit rub on corners, but black is all fine. You can also apply black leather polish and have it as new.

Handles are carrying heavy load, they are fine on my easy, and I have had it for few years now. The bag is soft but is constructed in such a pattern that it still holds shape pretty well although it is a slouchier bag tha Muse and Chyc.

If you look at reference library , sizes are there in a thread about easy:

YSL appears to have changed the Easy size names between 2008 and 2009.

2008 SIZE NAMES
Medium = 12" wide
Large = 15" wide

CURRENT SIZE NAMES
Small = 12" wide
Medium = 15" wide
I bought my small easy in July 2012, and YSL SA told me they changed size again. As I remember, she told me just a couple of inches they added. So my newer small is bigger than the older small size from 2009.

If you use it as a tote bag, it's kinda ok. The A4 file fit in, but the 21.1cm width is almost same size as the bag's hight, so the A4 file is aslant in the bag. I don't like to put A4 books, bacause maybe they will get some damages...because of the bag's hight.

I think a medium Cabas Chyc is better to put A4 size paper and books as a school bag. I don't know the large Easy size and weight, but my small easy is heavier than my medium CC.

Since this thread is that Lara needs info about the leather difference between Easy or other YSL bags,
I'll stop talking about the size comparison. You might want to make a new thread, so you can get more information about your question
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Thanks for letting me know that was really helpful, I didn't know it can be worn 2 ways!! Want one even more badly now. Also your bag and the pebbled leather are just to die for. Soooo gorgeous.

I bought my small easy in July 2012, and YSL SA told me they changed size again. As I remember, she told me just a couple of inches they added. So my newer small is bigger than the older small size from 2009.

this is awesome :biggrin: I will never catch up on all of it ... old small was indeed too small