Your opinion on your CHANEL WOC..

EJsMommy1

Apr 30, 2016
Hi everyone! I wanted to know your honest opinion for any CHANEL WOC owners. I don't carry too much these days, just a wallet, keys, lipstick and my phone. I've been lusting over the WOC for quite some time and i'm ready to make a purchase on my first Chanel bag :smile: Is this bag a staple of yours? Is it functional? Or do you feel it's too small?

I feel like to WOC barely carries the essentials. If all you have is a wallet (make sure its small like a card holder or it won't fit!), keys, lipstick, and a phone the WOC will be fine. Its functional when I don't want to carry much. Its not a staple for me because I carry GIANT tote bags with a ton of crap inside so for my personality type, the WOC is just a sometimes bag

I think the WOC is a great entry level bag if you can't afford the other Chanel bags, but still want a taste of classic Chanel style. It's great for evenings out when it's shortened as a shoulder bag or for casual weekends while running errands and you wear it cross body.

Reactions: cathi
I am a huge LV girl but want to dip my toe into Chanel. I plan to purchase a WOC this year so I will be following your thread! I find myself carrying very little these days now that my 4 "kids" are now teenagers! DH and I also go out a lot so I would use it as a daily errand bag AND an evening bag. I'm concerned about the chain, though. I am only 5'2" and the chain seems to be pretty long. It won't be an issue for evening when I double it up but perhaps when it's worn crossbody.

Reactions: Cate14
I feel like to WOC barely carries the essentials. If all you have is a wallet (make sure its small like a card holder or it won't fit!), keys, lipstick, and a phone the WOC will be fine. Its functional when I don't want to carry much. Its not a staple for me because I carry GIANT tote bags with a ton of crap inside so for my personality type, the WOC is just a sometimes bag
Hi. Do you still carry a small wallet inside the WOC even though it has the built in card slots? I was thinking I wouldn't carry a wallet at all inside the WOC.

I LOVE my WOC! I used to carry around huge bags with a bunch of stuff in them, most of which I didn't really need.
The WOC is perfect because I have my hands free, my shoulders don't hurt and I have everything with me that I need (cash, credit cards, phone, keys, lip balm).
That being said, it's not an every day bag for me. I use it on evenings/weekends and while travelling.

I absolutely love my WOCs. They're in heavy rotation for me. I think it's perfect for what you want to put in it. I don't use a wallet when I wear it, I use the card slots.

For what you carry the WOC sounds like a good match IF you use a very compact wallet/card holder or are ok with using the WOC's card slots. Without using the card slots, you may have a harder time fitting in a wallet and phone without stretching the bag out.

I personally use the card slots for my credit cards and keep cash and coins in the zipped pocket. With that combo, the WOC can fit the following comfortably, without overstuffing:
1. LV cles (which carries my keys)
2. iPhone 6 (with bulky Otterbox case)
3. A lipstick
4. Small bottle of hand sanitizer
5. Small pack of tissues

My 6 ring key holder made it really bulky and hard to close. It could be that I can't use it with the key fob in there. I loved it but there was a defect on the bag so I had to returned it.

I use mine usually when I am traveling or when I just want to be hands free and light. Because I don't want to over stuff it, I don't use a wallet or card holder, I just put all my cards either in the card slots or in the zippered pocket. I put my cles and iPhone 7 inside and make my husband carry the car keys. There is still room inside, but again, I don't like to overstuff. I have a 6 ring key holder and find it too bulky to fit inside. Now when I use my rectangular mini, I will use a flat card holder and my 6 key.

Reactions: Bags_4_life
So I had a Chanel WOC and I loved it but I had to compromise to enjoy her so eventually I did sell her... So here are some things to consider if youre in the market for one!

First, try it on! Try it on many times if you need to. Its pricey for a small bag so make sure it fits your aesthetic and needs. Will it be a going out only bag? An errands bag? A daily bag? What is it that you want to use it for and what needs do you have? Be realistic, because you can take a loss if you determine it is not for you down the line. I did not lose too much but i rather keep than sell a bag.

Secondly, think about the items you hold. The items you listed will fit fairly well in a WOC, but it also depends on what you are using. Even if you use a cles or key holder, if you have large key fobs/bulky keys, it may be tight squeeze. Also if you have a bulkier phone case, it will be a tight squeeze. I dont use a wallet in that bag because it already has card slots.
The woc is essentially a really big wallet... So it is not a bag you will enjoy if you are constantly in need of possibly needing more room. If you are an extremely light packer and can go without, the woc works for you. It does work for me now but then I bought an Eva from LV, and never touched my woc again.

Also, keep in mind, this is a snap closure bag. Are you okay with that? Are you okay with the chin strap length?

Essentially, I love the woc. It is a beautiful bag and can be very useful because you can go so compact and hands free. I went on a lot of adventures and nights out with that bag but it was frustrating to have to compromise my daily essentials to accommodate that bag so ultimately she found a new mommy.

Hope this helps you! I think it can work for you if it fits your lifestyle... if it doesnt, you will be disappointed.

The WOC was my entry bag into Chanel. So I do completely understand where you are coming from. I do like it very much but some things to be aware of:

1. Mine is lambskin. It's a beautiful blue and feels luxurious but I don't carry it everyday due to the delicate nature of the lambskin. This is just me.

2. I don't carry much and put my cards, bills, coins all in the zipper portion. I am able to fit my iPhone, lipstick and house keys. However, it won't fit car keys. Thus, I rarely travel with it because when I travel I usually will have a rental car. The rental car keys which will not fit in the WOC.

3. I like the long chain length but it is something to think about and worth trying on.

4. It's very light and easy and still makes a statement.

I hope this is helpful.

I love the WOC. I have 5 of them! I use them all the time. Yes, they don't fit a lot but that is why I like them - very lightweight. Perfect for handsfree running errands, going out at night. You can wear the strap at 3 -4 different lengths.

It's small enough to fit in a tote which helps if you are going out after work for example - you can check your coat and tote and carry the WOC. Plus, it fits under my coat which is perfect when I travel to other countries in cold months :smile:

I highly recommend having at least one!

For small size Chanel bags, I have woc & rectangle mini.
I love them both.
WOC is so convenience. I can fit the necessities in it in a very organized way when I run for errands or have dinner with my fd ...etc
20161029_104146.jpg
For rectangle mini, I tend to use it when I dress up a bit. I can fit in a card holder to organize the neccessities as I want. I like the zip pocket and pocket without zipper inside the bag. Both can fit the stuff well.