Your opinion on True Love and Eternal Happiness

I struggled with that concept when I was single and looking for 'the one'. I would like to belive it but reality told me otherwise. After a few failed relationships, including being cheated on a couple of times, I did a lot of soul searching. It's very true that you have to know, love and accept yourself first before you meet your 'true love'. How 'true' can the love be between two people if they don't know themselves? And I also realized I had put this concept/idea of 'the one', 'soul mate' on the pedestal all these years - this man does not have to be perfect, does not have to be the one who rescues you, or 'completes' you as the cliche goes, he is just a normal guy who loves you and accepts you.

Soon after all of the 'soul searching' I met my husband and we got engaged a year later. I pray everyday that our marriage will only get stronger as the days and years go by, just like our parents'.

To tell the truth, I didn't believe in the soul mate theory. I'm just too pragmatic and have an excellent bullsh*t radar. I think you find someone who is good for you (and vice versa) and then make the most of it. Sure some people hit pay dirt, but it's more good luck than anything else, and most people have to work hard at it (i.e. my parents). It's been the way I have been conducting my relationships. I had a criteria and I tried to stick to it. All my exes have been good men, none of whom I was really in love with, but they were good to me.

My DH. Well.... we've been together over 6 years and married for one. And I am still amazed that I love this man. I'm not the most trusting of people (okay, I'm about the least trusting of people), and he never fails to amaze me how much he loves me and cares for me, through his words and actions. Even my family wonders what I did to deserve him.... lol. So, I am a believer in true love and I look forward to many years of happiness with DH.