Your opinion on Soia & Kyo Coats please? (especially the buttons!)

Hi ladies,
May I ask for your opinion on Soia & Kyo? I recently purchased the houndstooth Billy coat:
Soia-Kyo-126778-blk-l1.jpg

http://www.tobi.com/Product/5892-Soia-Kyo-Jackets-Outerwear-Billy-Plaid-Coat

I *thought* it was lovely, but when my bf saw it, he said something very tactfully but which basically meant, "Eh. I don't like the pattern, and especially the buttons."

I've regretted some horrendous/pricey fashion purchases that seemed fantastic at the time, so may I ask: What's your honest opinion? :tup: or :tdown:? (I'm in my mid-20s, looking for a coat I'll wear for a couple seasons, at least.)

I appreciate your help!

congrats on your new coat! it's very cute! i recently got a coat from revolve and it's the same brand. mine has the big buttons too, that's what i love the most! i think soia & kyo coats are really well made and i think you did great picking out yours.

Honestly, the coat is just too big for me. The pattern is a little too big and the buttons are too oversized. I do have to say, the style of the coat is super cute, I just wish it was a little toned down.

I think this jacket is really cute. In fact, I wanted to get one myself! But, I'm a tiny girl and the coat is just way too overpowering on me. Love the style, though, and I think if you can pull this off you're really lucky to be able to wear such a modern twist on a classic.

I love Soia & Kyo coats and think the oversized buttons are fun and youthful. I even like the pattern that you got - you're really going to stand out wearing that coat! Gets a big :tup: from me!

I actually just picked up the billy coat in dark gray and LOVE it! I was sooo torn though, I love the houndstooth!

My bf had a similar comment about the buttons...he said they were big enough to eat on. I sort of love that part of it though :biggrin:

i actually quite love this coat, esp the collar and the pattern!
however, owning a soia & kyo wool coat myself, i've noticed that the material isn't that great -- it was really quick to start pilling, much more so that any other coat i've ever owned...just my own experience though...

Thanks so much for your helpful opinion, everyone! It was fun to get some fashion 2 cents from you ladies. (And to know that my tastes aren't THAT off--yet)

I'd like to keep it as a fun coat, but my iffiness still about the loud houndstooth + loud buttons, not to mention the price, is reason enough to return the coat... :sad:

What do you think about their (somewhat) more conservative coats, like the Namie, in black?

I like the one you just posted better! I like houndstooth patterns but it does look a little too loud coupled with large buttons. Soia & Kyo has lots of cute jackets and coats, love them!

^^ I agree. Both are really nice but this last one is gorgeous. I also think you would get more use out of it.
I purchased a Soia & Kyo trench last spring (with big buttons) and have gotten so many compliments on it. I love their coats.