Your Opinion on Fakes

While I wouldn't personally purchase a fake, I don't really begrudge those who do. I shop at Gap, I buy Nike products on occasion; I'm certainly in no position to get on a high-horse about the knock-off sweatshop angle, when a lot of chain brands I buy stuff from have questionable or suspicious factory policies.

At the same token, I also find the 'ugly toad' and such comments rather unbecoming. You have the knowledge your bag is authentic, I don't quite understand those who get their panties in a twist over people who have knockoffs, supposedly taking away from their authentic bags.

Ughhh sorry to waste your time with this, ladies, but I just need to get this out of my system!!

So it was the first day of school today, and all was going well... Until I entered my Chem class and saw a "Damier Neverfull", the same that I was carrying today! Well, you guys will see why I put quotation marks. At first I was just like, oh she's got the same bag as me, and I just HAD to sneak a closer look . BUT, I then saw it up close and it was the most horrible fake I have ever seen! The Damier colours were all wonky and the bag looked like it got run over by a truck! It looked like the common Damier Neverfull peeling problem gone 1000x worse. The straps were limp and barely hanging on, and they looked like brown-dyed rope. The canvas looked limp and very thin as well. Oh my god I could not believe it. And to make it worse, I now feel awkward carrying my Neverfull with such a blatant fake sitting 3 seats away from me!!!!

I see so many people with fakes, heck I even brought one last year for $30 at a market (I never use it now though and regret buying it) but now I have the real thing, it is so much better to have the real thing and I just feel so guilty about how they are made. But I believe you shouldn't judge someone on it (unless they are tying to make out that it is real) it is their choice, but fakes are expensive and the amount some people spend on them because they just break, they could buy the real thing! Oh well :smile:

Honestly, I don't really care about fakes... I would never buy one (I don't see the point at all...) but if I see someone carrying one on the street, well, good for him/her. They don't make me angry or anything, maybe just happier to have a real one :biggrin:

To be honest, I don't think there is one that really looks like a city! lol Maybe I'm just slow tonight of something..:P Could you be talking about the orangy/brown and black one? with the studs? If you are, you're safe because I think that looks nothing like a balenciaga. It would be a good option for someone who likes the 'squareness' of a city and the hardware. To me, these aren't really "fake" bags. Well, except for that one that is so blantantly and "alma" THAT one is annoying LOL

I really like this one!! lol which is kinda weird. I wonder if it's 'inspired' by a brand? I love the vintage colouring, and the pebbled leather looks thick and yummy. OH! maybe it's kind of Proenza Schouler PS1-ish??
LOL Sorry for hyjacking this thread! lol

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1481320&stc=1&d=1315433022

LOL... I think all their new bags are "inspired" by different brands... looks like everything from Marc Jacobs to Hermes :P

This is the one that reminds me of the Bal City with Brogue trim:

Attachments

• Danier Brogue satchel.jpg
    Danier Brogue satchel.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 185
I've spoken to my friends about this as well and their views on people with fake LV vary from "absolutely disgusted" to "good choice". Personally I feel annoyed because I've actually gone out and paid good money for it and then some ugly toad walks buy with a Multicolor Papillon (which doesn't even exist). But sometimes I feel good because I can have a real one and they've got a fake. So it varies with me too. :confused1:
My opinion is.... I just hate copycats. It's so low to copy when why not get out there and create something you can be proud of. They do it w/ shoes, computers, jewelry, perfume, etc... And the thing is some of these copycats are dangerous to your health! Esp with perfumes.

And not to be weird or anything... but thailand exports leather to china. China does not have to declare where the leather came when imported to the USA from in regards to what type of animal. And thailand will use dog hides to make leather. I didn't make this up... google it.

So when people buy these imitation products they don't know what or where its coming from or what sweat shop made it. It's just sad all the way around.

When you pay top dollar its because of quality, workmanship, pride, a company with a history, etc...

Just my 2 cents :smile:

XOXO

I have nothing against people who buy fakes but it does makes me laugh when I see some fakes that are so over the top with the gold plate, zipper, bottom studs, etc that aren't supposed to be there. If you're gonna rock knockoffs, at least be discrete about it lol!

My DF just came home from traveling and the first thing he told me when I picked him up at the airport was "I saw so many fake LV's at the airport..." LMFAO! And I asked him how he even knew this, and he said "Well their speedys had feet and they looked ugly"

We normally just play spot the LV when we're waiting in line somewhere. We don't usually have the time and energy to do much more that that. :amuse:

Well I really font care ... I am just happy to carry the real deal...

But a good point is! Why do some people carry that really obvious fakes, with plastic handles and bottom studs...?

I means it's more then obvious that a plastic speedy can't be worth the $$$...

Hate fakes...not to mention they are illegal. When I see them, I wonder what horrible working condidtions the 7 year old in China that made the fake has to work under. We used to have a guy that would come around and sell fake everything, from LV to Rolex watches out of the back of his van. He was arrested and put in jail for copyright violations. He used to tease me about how many LV's I could get from him for what I pay for one real one. His fakes were awful! There are some women I work with that would buy them, and they would be broken, ripped etc within a month. One had bought so many fakes from him that we added it up one day and she could have bought a $1500 REAL LV for all the money she spent, and 90% of hers are ripped!

I realy don't think I am in a position to judge anyone, including people who carry fakes. I don't care what motifs they have - it is none of my business. I feel the only way for me to fight counterfeits at this point is simply not to support them - buy and carry the real thing, so that's what I do.

My opinion is.... I just hate copycats. It's so low to copy when why not get out there and create something you can be proud of. They do it w/ shoes, computers, jewelry, perfume, etc... And the thing is some of these copycats are dangerous to your health! Esp with perfumes.

And not to be weird or anything... but thailand exports leather to china. China does not have to declare where the leather came when imported to the USA from in regards to what type of animal. And thailand will use dog hides to make leather. I didn't make this up... google it.

So when people buy these imitation products they don't know what or where its coming from or what sweat shop made it. It's just sad all the way around.

When you pay top dollar its because of quality, workmanship, pride, a company with a history, etc...

Just my 2 cents :smile:

XOXO

so true! everyone should know that and it really should be forbidden to sell and buy knockoffs.
I hate fakes and I hate people who carry fakes. most of them really think their bags look real or "they are totally the same .." and this is just ridiculous, stupid and embarrassing.
you don't need to have a designer bag at all to love fashion or to show that you really love fashion. when you don't like to spend that much money or just you can't don't do it. but to wear a fake brand bag?? that just shows that you don't know anything about it ..