Your Opinion on Fakes

Isn't it the same regarding 'blood diamonds'? Since nearly 2/3 thirds of our diamonds have been mined from Africa, many diamonds that are out there still are conflict diamonds. Even a diamond you purchased yesterday might still be a blood diamond despite the governments (and United Nations) efforts to stop the importing of these diamonds.

I couldnt agree more with you and graebelle. A lot of people are unware of the ramifications that come with the purchase of a fake bag and Im sure if they were informed they would be less inclined to get one. While I am all for awareness, I feel there is some hypocrisy going on in this thread such as girls calling other people shallow for not spending $1000+ a handbags, however my gripe is with this righteous crusade against organizations (criminal or not) who use labor harmful to the employees. Anyone who shops at Walmart, Ikea, Nike, Puma, or owns diamonds is supporting child labour or unethical working conditions. While were talking about cruelty what about animal cruelty? HELL have we even considered what LV is using? Leather? Fur stoles? So what I am saying is that it is a GOOD thing to take into consideration the origins of our products and anyone who is in the know should by all means foster understanding about trafficking, child labour, terrorism but remember take your own advice and think about the business practices of your favorite businesses too. As Ghandi said, be the change you want to see in the world.