Your opinion of nylon wallets?

~lse~

Jan 27, 2009
For the price differential (i.e. not that much) is it really worth buying a nylon wallet over leather? How do they stack up? Quality? Looks? Cachet?

I want a continental wallet but d@mn it if I cannot come around to liking the gold hardware! :nogood:

I do not want the old logo that is available in silver...it's too bulky IMO and doesn't look as elegant. I have found one example of a Nylon/leather trim continental with the new logo w.silver hardware but the pricing is almost the same as leather (which I would prefer if it was available w.silver).

Any thoughts?
TIA.

ETA: here's the wallet I am referring to: http://www.styledrops.com/handbags-38098.html

I don't think that wallet is nylon, I think it's a fabric stitched onto leather w/ a leather inside. I think that silver trim is going to be a problem w/ getting dirty/scratched and may even start to peel off.

Not sure you'll get the bang for your buck you're hoping for at 440.

I don't even recall in the last couple seasons seeing IRL a Prada wallet in nylon

No matter...I just put in an order for a Saffiano Metal Oro continental wallet with Joanna instead! :yahoo:

I decided to suck it up and go for the goldtone hardware despite my earlier comments to the contrary....Im sure to get used to it. With shipping from HI, the price of the Saffiano came to USD$415 which is very good compared to prices in Australia. I plan on buying from Joanna in the future....actually contemplating this little beauty in Nero as we speak :P

attachment.php

Last edited:
Please post pictures when you get your wallet!!

I sure will! Am getting my tracking # tomorrow so will be watching and waiting 'til it arrives :nuts:

I have to say a big thanks to the girls here at the Purse Forum for sharing Joanna's contact details so freely. While this wallet is available here at home I would have paid $590 for it! I've saved over $100 by going through Joanna which is awesome! I have convinced myself that I can use the money saved to put toward a little something extra so today I am going to get myself a Bally coin and card purse which I have been lemming for a while now :graucho:

congrats on your purchase! i love joanna.. she's so sweet and never pushy. i have the same exact wallet (saffiano metal oro continental wallet in black with gold hardware). it's very durable - you'll love it! the bag you posted is really pretty too. can't wait to see your pics!

I love that bag but decided to pass - for now *sob* tbh $800 in one week is probably quite enough to spend on what my SO likes to call "useless stuff". The only bad thing about buying from Joanna is one doesn't get to enjoy the boutique experience but I will continue to go to her for my future Prada needs :yahoo:

Hope to have my wallet by early next week and I'll be able to post my first reveal on tPF! :yahoo: