Your opinion is great appreciated! Gris Mouette/Etain/Etoupe

Thank you. That photo was taken indoors by a window with sunlight. It appears lighter than it is.

Here it is with GT and black in dimmer light View attachment 3671886

Adding my K35 Etain which looks a little more cool with sometimes purple undertones. The SO contrast stitch helps with that and makes it a bit more casual.

Etain, etoupe and mouette would all fit in very nicely at Restoration Hardware where i had snapped this pic [emoji6]
View attachment 3672114

Am loving your etain bags ladies... from these pics i def see a purple tinge. Sure hope mine turns out like this too. And Pocketbook Pup, how can you think about letting your etain go... it is such a pretty b and so different from black and gris t

Congrats, princessmaggie! My SA showed me a B35 malachite last weekend (it was reserved for a different client) and the color is breath taking pretty. I saw pics of malachite which did not wow me until I saw it. It is truly magnificent IRL.

You are so sweet to comment! Malachite is the color that has alluded me until today & was the first H bag I ever saw a photo of and just thought yes please! She is with me but won't be home until late tonight to really hang out with her! Instead I have a glass of my favourite champagne raising a toast for my new beauty while I kill time waiting for my train home in a few hours! It's stunning & I was obviously so giddy that the SM I didn't know came over & said he was so happy to see that I was so happy!

Enjoy the champagne and I can't wait to see your reveal!

You are so sweet to comment! Malachite is the color that has alluded me until today & was the first H bag I ever saw a photo of and just thought yes please! She is with me but won't be home until late tonight to really hang out with her! Instead I have a glass of my favourite champagne raising a toast for my new beauty while I kill time waiting for my train home in a few hours! It's stunning & I was obviously so giddy that the SM I didn't know came over & said he was so happy to see that I was so happy!

Following this thread with interest-My very first bag was an etoupe B35 with ghw and I've added the same spec in gold so have my cool & warm neutrals covered but I have a love for etain with ghw after getting a CDC but do we think this is a redundant next bag given my etoupe? I'm finding quite a few black outfits where I don't like these 2 B's with them and thinking I need to add either a black or etain B for work clothes or I might just get a black bolide and come down the radar a bit for work?

I'm following this thread too.

I have etain (K), gold (B) and black (B). I was thinking about etoupe for my next B so it is interesting to read about wearing black with it. I feel the same way about my gold. I love my gold but not so much with black. I love it with everything else though. I do like etain with black and have thought about trying for an etain B35...(turned it down for the K and it still haunts me because it seems so useful) however I think a charcoal gray could be another option. i have also thought about going totally crazy (for me) and going for rouge casaque! Not sure how that looks with black though...or in a B. Maybe cuter in an Evelyne for my purposes. Regarding black - it is so useful I highly recommend it. I have started to carry my black B almost every day. I have a 30. I would actually like to get a 35 too. Which seems crazy.

Reactions: princessmaggie
Adding my K35 Etain which looks a little more cool with sometimes purple undertones. The SO contrast stitch helps with that and makes it a bit more casual.

Etain, etoupe and mouette would all fit in very nicely at Restoration Hardware where i had snapped this pic [emoji6]
View attachment 3672114

Oh goodie! I was hoping to see a photo of your etain Kelly again, I love the contrast stitching.

Yes, exactly, there are some outfits for which a black bag is too harsh and you want to soften it a bit. I think etain will be perfect for that. For example my new leather Moto jacket might look too harsh with black.

I also like the way Kelly Rutherford mixes her neutral shades for a sophisticated look. She did it mostly with her etoupe bag but I think I can do something similar with etain.

I think my hesitation is just my guilt at having so many beautiful bags. My cup runneth over and at a very fast pace. Time to get my blue and be finished for a good long time.

Reactions: MSO13 and hoot

View attachment 3672114
Absolutely love your etain K35 MrsOwen. I remember literally drooling over your pics of bag whilst waiting for my etain B to arrive! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

I knew it was super light compared to others but the receipt says Etain on it and I can't think of what other gray it could be. Like I figured it must've come from an off-color dye lot. :smile:

She is a beauty and a true chameleon... My etain is also pretty light and for me a perfect neutral [emoji173]️[emoji8]

Thank you. That photo was taken indoors by a window with sunlight. It appears lighter than it is.

Here it is with GT and black in dimmer light View attachment 3671886

Love your collection of neutrals my dear! I hope you keep etain! It's my favorite neutral color! There's something about that color that makes it super special [emoji173]️[emoji173]️... And I didn't realize they were resting it! Makes me glad that I got mine last year[emoji173]️[emoji173]️... Ur GT is amazing too but I feel u have place for both GT and etain in your beautiful collection!

Reactions: MSO13 and scndlslv
Congrats on the etain Kelly. I love my etain Kelly 32 phw. If I could only have one bag this would be it. Colour changes depending on what you're wearing and it goes with everything.

Enjoy :biggrin: