Your New Dooney: A mini reveal thread!

PF: limits on handbags are good. Otherwise we buy everything we like... not good for the
wallet or the closet. :sad: Also, we need time to be sure that a style really works for each of us...
one use is a good indicator, but more real life activities are needed to be sure.

I've been obsessed with drawstring handbags lately. Love the look and the roomy interior.
But....drawstring bags don't really work for me. Difficult to hand carry and some of them are
a challenge to open and close when new. So, why have I felt compelled to have
many colors of this style.... they take up a lot of room to store? Part of the problem is that
I didn't use them enough before starting on my quest to own the rainbow!

Reactions: mushroomNgrass
Yes...usage is necessary to figure out what works in real life. I ended up selling my Buckley. The draw string was pretty but unnecessary. Didn't like the way things layed inside the back...just was a black hole for me. Pretty to look at tho....what is interesting is weight...I used to love my large flo satchels...now too heavy...even the small too heavy...I don't want anything over two pounds in florentine anymore.

Yes...usage is necessary to figure out what works in real life. I ended up selling my Buckley. The draw string was pretty but unnecessary. Didn't like the way things layed inside the back...just was a black hole for me. Pretty to look at tho....what is interesting is weight...I used to love my large flo satchels...now too heavy...even the small too heavy...I don't want anything over two pounds in florentine anymore.
Ah, handbag weight..... so much of an issue for me. :sad:
I just moved into my Flo Ashton Tote in Chestnut after moving
out of an older Dooney Suede Juliette (size and weight would have given the
medium Flo some competition).

I'm not sure if I can handle the Flo Ashton now that it's loaded up.
I had to add a small notebook for Monday's activities, and the bag
is heavy. I may have to find a lighter bag since I will probably be
carrying my handbag more than usual on Monday.

I think maybe my nylon collection will be called into action.

What color is the handbag?
It looks metallic.
My concern regarding treating is to be careful that more color isn't removed
by whatever you do.
It is metallic, gold. It’s only noticeable at certain angles/lighting so I might hold off doing anything for now, wouldn’t want to make it more noticeable.
I'd try finding matching metallic paint and just dot it on. Fabric puff paint would be the best because you could imitate the pebbling.
Thanks! If I decide to do anything I will try the puff paint, great idea to match texture and color.

Last edited:
Reactions: whateve
Finally caved and purchased a Pebble Grain medium zip around wallet in red. I bought it in white last June because red was sold out and I've always wanted a white wallet or wristlet. But you know my heart belongs to RED. :heart:
I saved $35 last week during the $35 off $100 sale, but this week it's $9 cheaper during the current 65% off Pebble Grain sale.
20220322_155805.jpg20220322_155939.jpg

Finally caved and purchased a Pebble Grain medium zip around wallet in red. I bought it in white last June because red was sold out and I've always wanted a white wallet or wristlet. But you know my heart belongs to RED. :heart:
I saved $35 last week during the $35 off $100 sale, but this week it's $9 cheaper during the current 65% off Pebble Grain sale.
View attachment 5360791View attachment 5360792
It's really pretty, but I can't believe you bought it in red!!!:biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: RuedeNesle