Your New Dooney: A mini reveal thread!

Hi LJ! :hugs:
It's working out! :ghi5: I walked for over two hours this morning. I was looking for something for my sister's trip and I wasn't having any luck finding it, so I did a lot more walking than I (wanted) expected. But the bag was perfect. If it's heavier than the the blue bag I can't tell. It's the pound of feathers. :smile: I can adjust the CBB strap to make the bag sit on the right spot on my side. I was able to get in it easily. I really enjoyed carrying it! I'm looking forward to carrying it tomorrow to a hardware store for light bulbs.
RN: another Red Dooney winner for your collection. :smile:

My Cameron obsession continues. I have had these same bags...sold or returned them...only to purse a second time after regrets. There is just something about the Cameron. The structure, the leather interior, the feet at bottom. The zippers. Just love them.

Attachments

• 20210906_094304.jpg
    20210906_094304.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210906_094321.jpg
    20210906_094321.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210906_094347.jpg
    20210906_094347.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 30
My Cameron obsession continues. I have had these same bags...sold or returned them...only to purse a second time after regrets. There is just something about the Cameron. The structure, the leather interior, the feet at bottom. The zippers. Just love them.
We understand. :smile: Enjoy your Cameron.

I have a love, hate relationship with the leather interior. I love the elegance and the look and
the feel. But I worry about color transfer from my dark SLGs and dirtying or damaging the lining with my keys. So, I need to add another pouch for the keys when I use a handbag lined in leather.

I could use an organizer, but that seems to make the bags heavier for me. And also,
my stuff is already organized in pouches so the organizer also takes up space and makes the
bag more crowded. SLGs/pouches..... another collectors vortex we fall into.

Reactions: mushroomNgrass
My SLG drawer is massive lol...maybe I should spray the inside with water and stain repellent? Never thought of that with my Camerons...
I do worry about color transfer inside the handbag onto the light leather lining especially from
dark Flo SLGs. But even more....keys are sharp and dirty, so unless they are
inside a pouch or felt bag or key case, the keys can poke a hole in the soft leather lining
or leave a trail of smudge from the oils and dirt inside locks.
With everything either packed in or jostling around, the risks seem higher to me.

If I'm thinking, I'll buff up my SLGs before putting them into a light color leather lined bag
and take out a little jewelry pouch to put the keys into to protect the handbag lining.
I've never had problems with the cotton linings on Dooney bags.... no color transfer or holes.
The Cameron has a fabric lined (nylon?) zip pocket. I wouldn't worry about putting keys into
that pocket. That's where my car key goes, but my house keys won't fit without leaving marks
on the outside of the bag.

Reactions: mushroomNgrass
Omgoodness...Laurel CB in Natural. I AM IN LOVE!. I purchased in Natural, chestnut, and black. My collection is complete for now. Larger than cameron and Allison CB due to depth...just wonderful mini hobo feel...but with crossbody. I am in love. Chestnut and Black still on backorder

Attachments

• 20210917_165950.jpg
    20210917_165950.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210917_165940.jpg
    20210917_165940.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 17
Omgoodness...Laurel CB in Natural. I AM IN LOVE!. I purchased in Natural, chestnut, and black. My collection is complete for now. Larger than cameron and Allison CB due to depth...just wonderful mini hobo feel...but with crossbody. I am in love. Chestnut and Black still on backorder

So pretty. Love seeing the pic. I’ve been waiting for this bag to come in, in natural. With Florentine, I like lighter bag without embellishments so I’m hopeful that this color is available to ship now. Ordering immediately!

Reactions: RuedeNesle
That depth makes all the difference...can carry so much more. I was worried about small opening but it's okay with kids lock and coin case and HUGE NOTE 20 phone...plenty of spare space too! Hoboish....with a CB...nice thick strap too...and feet on bottom. Ordered the tmoro and steel blue kiss locks too from ILD for 30% off. I am a sucker for florentine....

Yes. Already sending back my natural cameron CB. $7.50 is not too much for a trial basis. I can not stop raving at the 5 inch depth of the bag...OMGOODNESS Game changer in terms of what fits. Natural I purchased on secondary market to see if I'd like the Laurel...winner! Remember I missed the sale on natural do to hesitation....so chestnut was shipped...black is on backorder...and suddenly steel blue showed up on ILD with matching kiss lock wallet. My hands moved too quickly to purchase, didn't even think just bought. I have limited myself to no more than 3 shelves of dooney bags in my closet...I am pushing it..

PF: is the strap on the Laurel CB a 3 part strap that can be shortened?
Yes 3 part strap. The BEST! Little smile but not too much...protection enough I don't have to zip closed....can tell it will get nice and soft and malleable in time. I would not put a full sized wallet in it...but it would fit....this is more small medium bag.

Yes 3 part strap. The BEST! Little smile but not too much...protection enough I don't have to zip closed....can tell it will get nice and soft and malleable in time. I would not put a full sized wallet in it...but it would fit....this is more small medium bag.
Thanks. So glad the Laurel worked out well for you. That extra depth in the base can make all the
difference!!!! Your Laurel color selections are beautiful. So glad Dooney is bringing back more
of the Flo colors. Love the steel blue. And it was all meant to be.... finding the natural
preloved after missing out on the sale on Dooney.