Your New Dooney: A mini reveal thread!

RN: it's been a long time since I bought a suede bag, but I would have thought they would have
included a dust bag. You could call Q if you want to bother, but generally QVC doesn't send out
parts of an order.... if something is missing they have you return the entire item and resend it.
In that case, I wouldn't give up a bag that's in good condition over a dust bag that you really
don't need.

Thinking about suede..... I'm not sure if a dust bag is a good thing, or not. It will keep dust
off the handbag :biggrin: but will it flatten the suede? I do have my 2 suede Dooneys in dust bags,
and I haven't noticed any issues, other than the ones I caused with the handles pressed into
the sides.
I'm okay with no dust bag. I only thought about it because I was thinking about the best way to get the bag home, either in the box or the dust bag....wait! No dust bag! :lol: But like I said, I have some here if I decide to transport it that way.
I've seen suede bags presented on QVC with the marks caused by the handles. I'm going to try to store it so that doesn't happen. I don't have a plan yet. I'll think about it when I get it home.

• Love
Reactions: Sunshine mama
RN: it's been a long time since I bought a suede bag, but I would have thought they would have
included a dust bag. You could call Q if you want to bother, but generally QVC doesn't send out
parts of an order.... if something is missing they have you return the entire item and resend it.
In that case, I wouldn't give up a bag that's in good condition over a dust bag that you really
don't need.

Thinking about suede..... I'm not sure if a dust bag is a good thing, or not. It will keep dust
off the handbag :biggrin: but will it flatten the suede? I do have my 2 suede Dooneys in dust bags,
and I haven't noticed any issues, other than the ones I caused with the handles pressed into
the sides.
I don't think a dustbag would flatten the suede. Sitting flat on a shelf might tend to flatten suede, with or without a dustbag, but I think a quick brushing will bring it back up.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
So we knew it would happen..... I ordered a bag from ILD, and then, the day after I got it,
they put it on a much better sale. Now I have to decide if I should return the first one and
reorder it. Is it worth the effort? What happens to the points I used on the first bag?
What's the break-even point? So frustrating. The difference, including the points I used,
is $30. Grrrrrrrr! Bag was a nylon Layla.... YT made me do it!

If it were QVC/HSN, a phone call would be all that was needed and I'd get a credit for the
difference. But, that's not the case with ILD.
Im sorry this happened to you. It has happened to most of us, unfortunately :annoyed:. Don’t return the bag; it’s not worth it.

RN: for storage, stand the bag up. Wrap each handle with tissue paper and then tie or wrap the
2 handles together to keep them from falling down. :biggrin:
Thanks LJ! :hugs:
Yesterday I thought about the handle marks. I went back in the box and raised the handles so they are no longer pressing against the bag. I still have it laying down in the box because the handles would stick out. But now it may be time to use one of the dust bags I have here so I can stand the bag up.

• Love
Reactions: Sunshine mama
For many years, I folded all the handles on my bags down when I stored them. That was the only way
to make them fit into the space (think geometry problem, Tetrus). Over time, I learned, the hard way.....bad idea. Not only do my suede bags have handle marks, but lots of the leather ones do also. No one to blame but myself. Doesn't matter if the handles are folded on the outside or folded inside either.

Now I try to do better.... at least regarding the handles. Still have the bags pressed against each other
instead of standing up separately and proudly.

My bag arrived while I was in the shower! I wanted to post a few pictures before I run errands. Overall packaged well. The bag was stuffed with lots of paper which is why the zipper looks like it does. I took a picture of the bag empty and zipped (last picture). My phone fits in the front outside zipper pocket with room for my coin pouch that holds my Clipper Card. The strap has two buckles but you can't make it a shoulder bag by removing one of the straps. It's not that kind of strap. Definitely a keeper!
View attachment 5157656View attachment 5157657View attachment 5157658View attachment 5157659View attachment 5157660View attachment 5157661
Wow this is a BEAUTIFUL red suede bag! I think suede is sooo luxurious. I'm just afraid to use it. You're so brave!:loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes:

• Love
Poshmark find: Patent leather double pocket satchel. I've always wanted a red patent leather satchel. It holds what I need without having to dig to get things out. I wish it was one long outside front pocket. I've always struggled with what to put in the the two pockets. My phone is too big. One pocket holds a PocketBac and hand wipes, and the other pocket will hold my Daisy Rose key pouch (it's inside the bag just for the picture.) I keep my Clipper card in the key pouch. It came with the shoulder strap and a wristlet strap (not sure if she meant to include it. It was in the inside zipper pocket. It wasn't included in the listing. Gift?) I'm using my Amazon CBB strap. I'm hoping today will be her first outing. I think we'll go to Peet's to get the free drink I finally "earned" (after buying 15 beverages). :smile:

View attachment 5132720View attachment 5132722
Gorgeous!!!!

• Love
My bag arrived while I was in the shower! I wanted to post a few pictures before I run errands. Overall packaged well. The bag was stuffed with lots of paper which is why the zipper looks like it does. I took a picture of the bag empty and zipped (last picture). My phone fits in the front outside zipper pocket with room for my coin pouch that holds my Clipper Card. The strap has two buckles but you can't make it a shoulder bag by removing one of the straps. It's not that kind of strap. Definitely a keeper!
View attachment 5157656View attachment 5157657View attachment 5157658View attachment 5157659View attachment 5157660View attachment 5157661
Oh I love her!!! So luscious and beautiful!

• Love