Your New Dooney: A mini reveal thread!

It’s pretty :smile: — a nice addition to your alredy wonderful collection.
:lol:

Nice!!! It's almost red. :lol::lol::lol:
But the interior is definitely a gorgeous red!!!:loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes:
Thanks Minda and SM!
She's very close to red, but not red, which makes her nervous because she feels she'll be easily replaced. But she did a great job on our walk this morning, so she bought herself some time. :lol: My hand sanitizer spray fits nicely in the outside front pocket, which makes it so easy to use. (Minda: I bought a third set of EMU hand sanitizers, I really love them!) And she's lightweight and roomy.

:lol:

Thanks Minda and SM!
She's very close to red, but not red, which makes her nervous because she feels she'll be easily replaced. But she did a great job on our walk this morning, so she bought herself some time. :lol: My hand sanitizer spray fits nicely in the outside front pocket, which makes it so easy to use. (Minda: I bought a third set of EMU hand sanitizers, I really love them!) And she's lightweight and roomy.

Great :smile:. (arent Ryan’s sanitizers the best? :lol:)

• Haha
Reactions: RuedeNesle
Presley crossbody in white. I purchased this one for occasional use in summer. I could not pass up on the price. With the sale and last week's double points, it got her for $29!!

Does anyone know if Apple spray will protect the white leather from colored clothing?
She's beautiful and perfect for summer! $29.00! :faint: That's the best deal ever! :ghi5:
I'm sorry I can't answer your question about Apple spray. I've never used it. I hope someone has an answer for you.
Enjoy! :smile:

LJ, it's the pebble grain
BW: I have very little experience with leather cleaning/treatment products.
Dooney 'pebbled' leather is embossed with the grain, but not coated,
to the best of my knowledge. So, I would think that any product that was safe
for pebbled leather would be safe.... with one concern..... the color.

White leather can darken or turn yellowish under some conditions.
Also, the white coloring may not have been applied the same way that
deeper colors were applied. So the color may easily be rubbed off or
lifted off by any chemicals. Even a baby wipe (which many ladies use
to treat dirt and color transfer) might disturb the white.

Bottom line, I'd be reluctant to treat this handbag. If you do decide to go ahead,
test the bottom or other area in case of problems.

Another option is to check the bag regularly for color transfer and use soap and water
on a damp cloth to remove the color transfer while it is fresh and still on the surface
and before it builds up. That is what I do with my Dooney white and bone handbags.

I also treat dark clothing by adding a cup of white vinegar to the wash the first few times
I launder the clothing. The vinegar helps set the color. It's not foolproof, but it helps.
Even old clothing can transfer color onto light color leather and dark leather can
transfer color onto light clothing. As the bag and the clothing rub against each other,
the friction and the heat/moisture promote the problem.

Despite this all.... enjoy your new treasure.

ILD: Pebble Grain Medium Zip Around Wallet.($59.00 with code: NINES) White, not red! :lol: They didn't have red and I really wanted this size wallet in pebble grain. (They have red in saffiano.) I've always wanted a white wallet so I thought this was a good time to step out of the red zone.
P.S. I saw this wallet in saffiano on a relatively new youtuber's channel. She's very good and always displays the bag and the contents. Worth checking out if you like W.I.M.B. videos. Dazzle Me 77
20210612_203544.jpg20210612_203726.jpg

ILD: Pebble Grain Medium Zip Around Wallet.($59.00 with code: NINES) White, not red! :lol: They didn't have red and I really wanted this size wallet in pebble grain. (They have red in saffiano.) I've always wanted a white wallet so I thought this was a good time to step out of the red zone.
P.S. I saw this wallet in saffiano on a relatively new youtuber's channel. She's very good and always displays the bag and the contents. Worth checking out if you like W.I.M.B. videos. Dazzle Me 77
View attachment 5108758View attachment 5108759
RN: stunning combo.... white wallet with red interior trim and your Red handbags. I have several white (ish) wallets and white handbags.... I find that it's important to spot clean the leather regularly so that soil doesn't build up on the inside or outside of the wallet and make it look dingy. Surface dirt is easy to clean on pebbled leather, but once any soil becomes embedded into leather, getting it out is a hassle.

Enjoy your sharp new wallet.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
RN: stunning combo.... white wallet with red interior trim and your Red handbags. I have several white (ish) wallets and white handbags.... I find that it's important to spot clean the leather regularly so that soil doesn't build up on the inside or outside of the wallet and make it look dingy. Surface dirt is easy to clean on pebbled leather, but once any soil becomes embedded into leather, getting it out is a hassle.

Enjoy your sharp new wallet.
Thanks LJ! :smile:
I think that's why I always wanted a white wallet, because of the way it would look with my red bags. But it's funny you mentioned spot cleaning. When I put the wallet in my bag, all of a sudden I was worried about color transfer. I had flashbacks of a white MK bag that rubbed against my jeans. I thought about my packable backpack in my bag and started worrying about my water bottle getting it wet and then it rubbing against my wallet. :rolleyes: I will spot clean it and I'm just going to have to enjoy it and hope it stays clean and white for as long as I want to carry it. (Which knowing me won't be long because I have red wallets lined up waiting to be used again. :lol: )

• Love
Reactions: Sunshine mama
View attachment 5108758View attachment 5108759
But @RuedeNesle , there's bright red inside the wallet!!! I bet that's REALLY why you bought it!!!:graucho::graucho::lol: