Your New Dooney: A mini reveal thread!

Ugh I’m stuck on the main floor while my collection is upstairs out of my grubby hands ugh frustration is real. Lol the Pouchette has been in my hospital bed since it came. Hubby ties to more it and I’m demdnfigit back in my sight. It’s t of the way nestled on a pillobymyngood working leg… mind you my insurance paid for the wheelchair and hospital bed thot I am using athome. I have home healthcare visits .. I’m totally dependent amd this really sucks. I can feed nyself.. I need help dressing bstinhgbgettingnuontonusevthe litter box, camode. Lolarrgggg frusrtrarion is superr reali . I am so ready fomynleftvsidevto come back onlinrvwith my brain already. Progress is also real. I remember not being able to feel my left arm. I couldn’t find mylrftleft hand by feel. It’s crazy. Hubby said I’ve come a long way. I couldn’t talk nowstroke is nonstop,blahblahblah…lol Now the nerves are firing waking me up with great pain and the therapists say it’s a good thing. Very painful. And stroke is very easily distracted. I’m so glad I can’t work and since I am retired I don’t have to worry about working again. I couldn’t imagine having to go back to maximum security prison. Thanking Godthat I don’t hav to.
Sounds like you are making amazing progress. And while you are frustrated, and you
have every right to be, keep your spirits up and keep working toward your recovery
goals.

And if a handbag, or 2, helps motivate you, then go for it! The brain is a complicated thing, and not only does it control body functions and thinking, it's
also involved in pain and pleasure. Much better to get your extra dose of pleasure
from a handbag or SLG than from some medication! And if looking at and stroking
a beautiful leather handbag calms the nerves and lets us focus on what we must
do.... then consider that handbag a therapy tool.
I used to carry a leather portfolio into meetings and stroke it to avoid stress over
some of the things others were saying or the time they were wasting. 🙄🙄
The boss thought I had it all together....ha! ha! A good leather portfolio was so much
nicer an image than clicking a pen, tapping on the table, or puffing a cigarette!

Ugh I’m stuck on the main floor while my collection is upstairs out of my grubby hands ugh frustration is real. Lol the Pouchette has been in my hospital bed since it came. Hubby ties to more it and I’m demdnfigit back in my sight. It’s t of the way nestled on a pillobymyngood working leg… mind you my insurance paid for the wheelchair and hospital bed thot I am using athome. I have home healthcare visits .. I’m totally dependent amd this really sucks. I can feed nyself.. I need help dressing bstinhgbgettingnuontonusevthe litter box, camode. Lolarrgggg frusrtrarion is superr reali . I am so ready fomynleftvsidevto come back onlinrvwith my brain already. Progress is also real. I remember not being able to feel my left arm. I couldn’t find mylrftleft hand by feel. It’s crazy. Hubby said I’ve come a long way. I couldn’t talk nowstroke is nonstop,blahblahblah…lol Now the nerves are firing waking me up with great pain and the therapists say it’s a good thing. Very painful. And stroke is very easily distracted. I’m so glad I can’t work and since I am retired I don’t have to worry about working again. I couldn’t imagine having to go back to maximum security prison. Thanking Godthat I don’t hav to.
Prayers for continued improvement and healing. Glad to see you back, I missed your posts.

Reactions: mushroomNgrass
I’m back again making up for all that time on hospital island… Memorial Day sale was good to me. Florentine Pouchette Came to day… I ordered 2 but only one today the last Memorial Day purchase comes wednesday
It’s great to see you back. I hope your recovery continues to go well so you can get back to that fabulous outlet in Aurora that I also miss browsing.

• Love
It’s great to see you back. I hope your recovery continues to go well so you can get back to that fabulous outlet in Aurora that I also miss browsing.
Thank you I can’t wait to go to he Aurora outlet for some clothes. 25 years wearing a uniform everyday has left my closet pretty empty. But boy do I have bags to carry my things in style! An d I find myself with plenty of things. I neede to carry. I’m thinking tmi things since I can not hover over the publictoilets like I used to….i have my own personal toilet seat…..most people carrytoilrt seat covers. I’m a little grossed out having to sit noe since I can’t hover. The little things that we take for granted….im NOT vcomplaining.IM DOMHAPPY THSTTHST IM STILL HERE… stroke is a top killer of women…..my left idle is still paralyzed but it will get online with my brain in time. I’m working dry hard in occupational and physical therapy. Ok my bad bs k to my carry of the week mininflorrentine satchel in chestnut. I wish I could get to my Florentine folded zip wallet fo this bag. I’ll as one of my sisters to get it for me. I ndidntbget to vsrrybthisvmininmuch.it feels so different than my large chestnut satchebthstblsughs at the rain.
.im sad to say I have no idea what size I wear now… in the hospital I was amazed at how good the food was… I sent plates back llicked clean the food tasted 😊 . So at first I was on a puréed diet. Purée French toast was so delicious,but the texture was disgusting lolol. I was amazed at how delicious the purée food was. Purée sausage links… yummy but again the texture was disgusting. I had to call the kitchen n and express how fabulous everything tasted anf how disgusting THe texture was . THey were giggling on the phone with me.IMG_5112.jpegIMG_5109.jpegIMG_5108.jpegIMG_4953.png

Attachments

• IMG_5110.jpeg
    IMG_5110.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 1
Thank you I can’t wait to go to he Aurora outlet for some clothes. 25 years wearing a uniform everyday has left my closet pretty empty. But boy do I have bags to carry my things in style! An d I find myself with plenty of things. I neede to carry. I’m thinking tmi things since I can not hover over the publictoilets like I used to….i have my own personal toilet seat…..most people carrytoilrt seat covers. I’m a little grossed out having to sit noe since I can’t hover. The little things that we take for granted….im NOT vcomplaining.IM DOMHAPPY THSTTHST IM STILL HERE… stroke is a top killer of women…..my left idle is still paralyzed but it will get online with my brain in time. I’m working dry hard in occupational and physical therapy. Ok my bad bs k to my carry of the week mininflorrentine satchel in chestnut. I wish I could get to my Florentine folded zip wallet fo this bag. I’ll as one of my sisters to get it for me. I ndidntbget to vsrrybthisvmininmuch.it feels so different than my large chestnut satchebthstblsughs at the rain.
.im sad to say I have no idea what size I wear now… in the hospital I was amazed at how good the food was… I sent plates back llicked clean the food tasted 😊 . So at first I was on a puréed diet. Purée French toast was so delicious,but the texture was disgusting lolol. I was amazed at how delicious the purée food was. Purée sausage links… yummy but again the texture was disgusting. I had to call the kitchen n and express how fabulous everything tasted anf how disgusting THe texture was . THey were giggling on the phone with me.View attachment 6015434View attachment 6015433View attachment 6015432View attachment 6015437
Gorgeous florentine!

I'm surprised the food tasted so good. Every time I've been in the hospital I hardly eat a thing and lose a lot of weight.

Reactions: Sunshine mama
Ike everytime I looked I was eating Gorgeous florentine!

I'm surprised the food tasted so good. Every time I've been in the hospital I hardly eat a thing and lose a lot of weight.
I might have gained weight. I feilt like everytime I looked I was eating something. Maybe I was just hongree from all the physical exertion. It’s a lot of work wheeling the chair with one arm.oooweeeand high intensity therapy at least or 4 times a day. Worth every minute.i am so much better than I was.

Reactions: whateve
I might have gained weight. I feilt like everytime I looked I was eating something. Maybe I was just hongree from all the physical exertion. It’s a lot of work wheeling the chair with one arm.oooweeeand high intensity therapy at least or 4 times a day. Worth every minute.i am so much better than I was.
I bet you are burning a lot of calories and building muscles. I'm glad you are getting better.

I bet you are burning a lot of calories and building muscles. I'm glad you are getting better.
Thank you definitely feel betterimgoingbtomhavebonebhugebpopeye after spinach huge muscular right arm and right leg an olive oyl skinnynleftvarmandvleftbleg due to the paralysis on my left side super weak. Had apopointmentwit neurologist yesterday and gecsaid very mild facial weakness meaning the barest facial droop on my left side. Praising Godforbthat. When i am annoyed my mouth is super low droop. it's crazy to see it droop so low.looking like a cartoon character.

Last edited:
Thank you definitely feel betterimgoingbtomhavebonebhugebpopeye after spinach huge muscular right arm and right leg an olive oyl skinnynleftvarmandvleftbleg due to the paralysis on my left side super weak. Had apopointmentwit neurologist yesterday and gecsaid very mild facial weakness meaning the barest facial droop on my left side. Praising Godforbthat. When i am annoyed my mouth is super low droop. it's crazy to see it droop so low.looking like a cartoon character.
Good to hear you are making such good progress. You are made of strong stuff and
will keep getting better and better. Reminding ourselves of how lucky we really are
sometimes helps get us thru the difficult times. Keep posting and keep enjoying
your handbag diversions. Mental health is important to physical health. 😁
Just another reason to shop!

Continue to improve. Like @lavenderjunkie said, you are made of strong stuff! :hugs:

I am really loving my Florentine Pouchette Ss! So cute ansd the perfect size to tuck under my arm . I want 2 more the Bordeaux ans black or brown tmoro. This little bsg is EVER-REE-THANG! FITS A LOUT FULL SIZE WALLET CHESTERS MEDIUM ZIP WRISTLET LIPPYSSUNGLASSES AND NO TETRIS EITHER! IM IN THE CHESTNUT POUCHETTE TODAY . Have you checked out the handbag heels from the giyrlguide? I ordered aa setofvhandbagheels for these Pouchette. Since they have no feet. Genius in vention. Check ohut handbag heels so cute

Attachments

• IMG_5472.png
    IMG_5472.png
    521.6 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Aurora-B