Your New Dooney: A mini reveal thread!

French blue pebbled Zip Zip and Small Coin Case. These are my first new D&B’s in about 15 years. I’d forgotten how much I love this pebbled leather. I may have to get more...

How glorious! They are truly handsome leathergoods. No wonder you're already planning another purchase! May I ask which brands you've been enjoying in the past 15 years? Or have you just been using your 15-year old Dooneys the whole time?

How glorious! They are truly handsome leathergoods. No wonder you're already planning another purchase! May I ask which brands you've been enjoying in the past 15 years? Or have you just been using your 15-year old Dooneys the whole time?
Mostly Coach with a few MK, KS, and LV. I’ve gravitated towards Coach’s 1941 line lately because those leathers are scrumptious, but now that it seems they’re winding that line down, I’ve been looking for a new place to get my leather fix. I think I’ve found it. I’m looking at maybe a Florentine for my next one.

Finally received the 2 of 2 wallets ordered - ILD sent it via fedx the day I called them (but it shouldn't have been necessary to call). Oakdale in chestnut. This is my first purchase of this leather, and it appears really dry but it may be just this wallet. I'll moisturize it really well & see if it livens up. I don't think a bag made from this leather would suit me.

Attachments

• 20190807_132720.jpg
    20190807_132720.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 178
Finally received the 2 of 2 wallets ordered - ILD sent it via fedx the day I called them (but it shouldn't have been necessary to call). Oakdale in chestnut. This is my first purchase of this leather, and it appears really dry but it may be just this wallet. I'll moisturize it really well & see if it livens up. I don't think a bag made from this leather would suit me.
Hi LB!
I don't know if it's just because you said it, but it does look dry. I hope moisturizing it helps. But it looks like a nice wallet!

Reactions: Lilybarb
Hi LB!
I don't know if it's just because you said it, but it does look dry. I hope moisturizing it helps. But it looks like a nice wallet!
Hey Rue, I'll post another pic after I clean it up. As is, it's rather icky like it's old stock & dosen't look anywhere near as nice as the pic but I got it at a really good price otherwise I'd just send it back. At least it doesn't appear used on the inside. :hrmm:

Reactions: RuedeNesle
LB: love your new wallet. I have many croco embossed Dooney handbags.... different names for different patterns (textures) used over the years. The process they use to emboss the leather includes some kind of final 'ironing' (per Sue Clifton) to create the look (somewhat distressed, like real croco). Sometimes there is even a coating on top, but I don't think the Oakdale is coated. At any rate, moisturizing the leather seems like a good idea. My only suggestion is to test a small area first and be sure the treatment is absorbed and also doesn't cause any issues. Better safe than sorry.
And enjoy your 'croco' wallet.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Hey Rue, I'll post another pic after I clean it up. As is, it's rather icky like it's old stock & dosen't look anywhere near as nice as the pic but I got it at a really good price otherwise I'd just send it back. At least it doesn't appear used on the inside. :hrmm:
@RuedeNesle. I cleaned up the oakdale & it looks Much Better, thank goodness!
@lavenderjunkie, they definitely put a coating on this one.

Attachments

• 20190808_142713.jpg
    20190808_142713.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 20190808_142619.jpg
    20190808_142619.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 20190808_142155.jpg
    20190808_142155.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 142