Your New Dooney: A mini reveal thread!

Being a bucket bag fanatic...wishing the all weather red was more of a true red. Looks a little more red than the pic, but in hand it still appears as...perhaps salmon? color. Not certain I won’t swap it out. What do you ladies think?
View attachment 4214507

View attachment 4214508

I’ve only seen the vintage AWL in red in person and agree mine loooked redder online than IRL. It was a little disappointing. Mine wasn’t returnable though. If you aren’t satisfied, they aren’t cheap, return.

Reactions: Lilybarb
Being a bucket bag fanatic...wishing the all weather red was more of a true red. Looks a little more red than the pic, but in hand it still appears as...perhaps salmon? color. Not certain I won’t swap it out. What do you ladies think?
View attachment 4214507

View attachment 4214508
I agree with LJ, it's hard to know if I see what you see, but I'm loving the red I see. I know I'm biased because I love red bags, but on my screen your bag looks like a true red. Beautiful! Good luck with your decision to swap it out.

@arinha - Thank you - I’m sooo glad you agree - I was concerned I was being too picky or my color perception was fading. I keep looking at it, in fact it’s close to the 30 day mark so I have got to finally make a decision to swap out or nay. Feels good to have another see what I see!
Thanks much for Everyone’s input!

Reactions: lasvegasann
@RuedeNesle - oh yes yes do love a red bag too! This one in hand has a good deal of warm orange in the mix. I dunno. I wear alot of red, no orange or yellow tho. The tan one in this style is VERY pretty.
I think I know what you mean about the warm orange mix. I bought a Dooney drawstring bag in tomato and it was too orange for me. I kept it because it was my first drawstring bag and I loved carrying it, but I ended up selling it on ebay. Before that I bought a Dooney satchel from Zappos. (Long before I started buying bags at outlet and ILD prices!) I think they just called it Red, but it was too orange for me and I immediately sent it back for the same bag in Crimson, which I loved. All that being said, I would agree with you if you decided to swap your bag because it's too orange. It may photograph more red but you know what it looks like IRL..:smile:

@RuedenNesle - yes yes! I’ve never owned any of Dooney’s tomato color items, but you would think that dye and end result would be a Crayola crayon red wouldn’t you.
Put up beside anything else that looks to my eyes to be a true blue red, this all weather leather bag appears yellow red. And that won’t do. Thanks for your input!

Reactions: RuedeNesle
@RuedenNesle - yes yes! I’ve never owned any of Dooney’s tomato color items, but you would think that dye and end result would be a Crayola crayon red wouldn’t you.
Put up beside anything else that looks to my eyes to be a true blue red, this all weather leather bag appears yellow red. And that won’t do. Thanks for your input!
You're welcome!:smile: