Your New Dooney: A mini reveal thread!

Just a quick report on my latest Dooney. Sorry no pictures as I have no camera.

I ordered the blue Pembrook croco Amelie from ILD earlier in the week. She arrived the next day and is beautiful and in very good condition. The blue is a bright, vibrant navy blue with lighter blue veining. A stunning color and the Amelie style tote is a good sized handbag, but not oversized. It has a lot of presence and certainly makes a statement. The bag is very structured, and I hand carry. I don't know how comfortable bags of this size and structure are when worn on the shoulder or cross body.

Oh, and this morning I got a ship confirmation from ILD. The handbag arrived 2 days ago. It shipped from the CT warehouse almost immediately after I ordered. Sometimes the stars are aligned and sometimes we run into storms. This was a very good ILD experience.
I'm glad she is a winner!!! I love the color blue, but I wear it so much I actually dont own any blue bags. But I love hearing about and seeing all of the stunning colors on this board.

I have to share my second Dooney purchase, Belvedere Mini Barlow in Oyster. This was a case of needing to reserve judgment until after removing the stuffing. She looked very poofy and I was going to return so I wanted to keep all the wrapping on. Then I thought I should at least try it on and now I love it and am keeping her for sure!

Anybody have experience with the Belvedere lighter colors though? Should I spray her with leather protector?

Thank you Dooneynistas for all your helpful posts and info. I totally understand the Dooney love! View attachment 4152971View attachment 4152972
She is adorable!!

Reactions: christinemliu

I ordered the blue Pembrook croco Amelie from ILD earlier in the week. She arrived the next day and is beautiful and in very good condition. The blue is a bright, vibrant navy blue with lighter blue veining. A stunning color and the Amelie style tote is a good sized handbag, but not oversized. It has a lot of presence and certainly makes a statement. The bag is very structured, and I hand carry. I don't know how comfortable bags of this size and structure are when worn on the shoulder or cross body.

Oh, and this morning I got a ship confirmation from ILD. The handbag arrived 2 days ago. It shipped from the CT warehouse almost immediately after I ordered. Sometimes the stars are aligned and sometimes we run into storms. This was a very good ILD experience.
It sounds beautiful!! I don’t have anything from that line but all the photos I have seen depict a stunning bag!! I know you will enjoy your new treasure. That’s amazing on the shipping:smile:.

I have to share my second Dooney purchase, Belvedere Mini Barlow in Oyster. This was a case of needing to reserve judgment until after removing the stuffing. She looked very poofy and I was going to return so I wanted to keep all the wrapping on. Then I thought I should at least try it on and now I love it and am keeping her for sure!

Anybody have experience with the Belvedere lighter colors though? Should I spray her with leather protector?

Thank you Dooneynistas for all your helpful posts and info. I totally understand the Dooney love! View attachment 4152971View attachment 4152972
Very pretty! Congrats!

Reactions: christinemliu

Congrats! I am in love with the Claire satchel from this collection. My fear is how different the colors in the picture are from irl. I haven't been able to see any of these bags even at Macy's in NYC. Do you find the color of your bag to be at all close to the picture online?

Congrats! I am in love with the Claire satchel from this collection. My fear is how different the colors in the picture are from irl. I haven't been able to see any of these bags even at Macy's in NYC. Do you find the color of your bag to be at all close to the picture online?

Cat: I must admit to owning 3 colors from the Pembrook collection..... plum, blue, and Bordeaux. All are in the Amelie style. And, I have a wine Amelie on order. (I couldn't resist an Overstock coupon on top of the sale price). After seeing a YT video of the wine Pembrook, I began to crave that color also. I know that my color selections are all from the same part of the rainbow.... but, that is what I love and use. Since I clearly don't need another handbag, anyone I buy needs to make me smile.

I love the look of the Claire style, but I know the flap top, with attached handle and logo lock would make the bag frustrating for me (personally) to use. Also, I think the size might be a tad too small for me. I have the Dooney large Elisa, which is slightly larger than the Claire and also has a flap opening (with an easier closure and fixed handles attached to the body of the bag) and I'm frustrated when I use the Elisa. I love the look, but functionally, it's not right for me.

But back to the colors of the Pembrook. If you tell me which color you are interested in I'll try to assess how the color looks IRL compared to what I see from the Dooney site and QVC site.

Cat: I must admit to owning 3 colors from the Pembrook collection..... plum, blue, and Bordeaux. All are in the Amelie style. And, I have a wine Amelie on order. (I couldn't resist an Overstock coupon on top of the sale price). After seeing a YT video of the wine Pembrook, I began to crave that color also. I know that my color selections are all from the same part of the rainbow.... but, that is what I love and use. Since I clearly don't need another handbag, anyone I buy needs to make me smile.

I love the look of the Claire style, but I know the flap top, with attached handle and logo lock would make the bag frustrating for me (personally) to use. Also, I think the size might be a tad too small for me. I have the Dooney large Elisa, which is slightly larger than the Claire and also has a flap opening (with an easier closure and fixed handles attached to the body of the bag) and I'm frustrated when I use the Elisa. I love the look, but functionally, it's not right for me.

But back to the colors of the Pembrook. If you tell me which color you are interested in I'll try to assess how the color looks IRL compared to what I see from the Dooney site and QVC site.
You have some fabulous colors!

I must start by saying that I am very finicky about croc in general. I saw the grey in a different style bag and wasn't sold on the look. Maybe it was the color.
The pictures of wine look quite bright, on dooney's website, but it also seems to have less of a contrast between the main color and the veins - which is my preference. The black, espresso and bordeaux look beautiful. Can you tell me about the bordeaux? Is it medium to dark? On my monitor espresso almost looks like bordeaux. Argh! Any desctiption you can give about the bordeaux will be appreciated. Also, if I may abuse of your generosity, when you get the wine, can you tell me about it and compare it with bordeaux? TIA! [emoji56] [emoji257] [emoji258] [emoji255]

You have some fabulous colors!

I must start by saying that I am very finicky about croc in general. I saw the grey in a different style bag and wasn't sold on the look. Maybe it was the color.
The pictures of wine look quite bright, on dooney's website, but it also seems to have less of a contrast between the main color and the veins - which is my preference. The black, espresso and bordeaux look beautiful. Can you tell me about the bordeaux? Is it medium to dark? On my monitor espresso almost looks like bordeaux. Argh! Any desctiption you can give about the bordeaux will be appreciated. Also, if I may abuse of your generosity, when you get the wine, can you tell me about it and compare it with bordeaux? TIA! [emoji56] [emoji257] [emoji258] [emoji255]

Cat: the wine is due to arrive at the end of the week. I am also curious about the color. In the YT videos it looks like a deep red or bright cranberry. I will report when I see it in person.

The Bordeaux is a lovely color. It is dark, with lighter veining. It's not quite as dark as the Toscana Bordeaux, but it is dark. I like the Bordeaux. It is a rich color, but not bright. I haven't seen the espresso in person.

Reactions: carterazo
Cat: the wine is due to arrive at the end of the week. I am also curious about the color. In the YT videos it looks like a deep red or bright cranberry. I will report when I see it in person.

The Bordeaux is a lovely color. It is dark, with lighter veining. It's not quite as dark as the Toscana Bordeaux, but it is dark. I like the Bordeaux. It is a rich color, but not bright. I haven't seen the espresso in person.
Thank you! I hope the wine is just as beautiful as you imagine. I look forward to hearing about the two colors once you receive it.