your must-have feature in a watch

Dec 12, 2012
This is a spinoff from asschercat's response in the Wristwatches - what do you wear thread here

I absolutely have to have the date on my watch, and the date has to be correct (a couple of my girl friends don't bother that the date on their watch is wrong!). A watch may be gorgeous but I'd think ten times before parting with my money for it if it doesn't do dates.

Also, I prefer round faces, no bigger than 29mm. but no smaller than 27.

What about you? :smile:

For me, now, the must have feature is that it's an automatic watch. I have a quartz watch that I received 20 years ago this year, haven't worn much for 7 since I received the automatic one I wear daily, but I keep it serviced anyway as the watch is sentimental and I could use for diving.

Thanks Gixxer! Happy new year to you!

I hope others would join in the discussion. I genuinely want to know but this doesn't seem to be an interesting topic - I thought it was, as so many are passionate about wristwatches here. Was curious to see if diamonds make a watch more irresistible, for instance. Or like you, if people prefer a particular movement.

Oh well. 😊

Mine has to be an automatic, a Rolex, IWC or Lange, between 26mm and 30mm. If it is a work watch, I'll need to have date on it. Diamonds, MOP and precious gold would be a bonus.

Mine has to be an automatic, a Rolex, IWC or Lange, between 26mm and 30mm. If it is a work watch, I'll need to have date on it. Diamonds, MOP and precious gold would be a bonus.

MOP faces are my weakness, too!

In my expensive watches (2 Rolex, 1 Panerai)they have to have the date. My fun watches mostly don't

I'm hijacking my own thread LOL but I'm curious what your fun watches are.

Thanks both for responding!

This is a spinoff from asschercat's response in the Wristwatches - what do you wear thread here

I absolutely have to have the date on my watch, and the date has to be correct (a couple of my girl friends don't bother that the date on their watch is wrong!). A watch may be gorgeous but I'd think ten times before parting with my money for it if it doesn't do dates.

Also, I prefer round faces, no bigger than 29mm. but no smaller than 27.

What about you? :smile:
Mine has to have the date as well. I have returned a watch I loved because of this....I also love mop, and diamonds

MOP faces are my weakness, too!

I'm hijacking my own thread LOL but I'm curious what your fun watches are.

Thanks both for responding!
Invicta, Michael Kors, Swiss Legend, Shinola, a very old Audmars Piguet,a really old Chanel,a really old Movado. Some of them do have dates. Oh I forgot I have a nice Tag Heuer with a date.

But I like the date ones with the cyclops best which are the Rolex. My eyes not so good anymore need a little help LOL.