Your Mulberry and the dreaded rain

lineceuk

Jun 29, 2011
This morning I decided not to use my SBS oak as it was raining :graucho: ...light rain but still rain. My OH thought I was mad not to use such an expensive bag if it is raining as i would not use 90% of the time given i live in sunny UK!!! :lol:

I have sprayed my SBS at least 6 times with Collonil but im still petrified of rain...

can i ask what you are doing when it is raining?
Do you opt for a safe option and not use your Mulberry or take the hit and use it!???

Many thanks
:hugs:

I would not use my SBS when raining or any other delicate bag. However, i have used my postmans camera bag in buffalo leather and Roxy when raining and had no problems. Both of course are sprayed with Collonil

I have used my oak bags in the rain but they have been well sprayed with collonil and I wouldn't use them in a downpour. I know that a lot of the ladies keep a large carrier bag in their bag so if they do get caught in the rain unexpectedly it can be used to protect your bag.

Sshh... but this is one of the reasons why I have sold most of my beautiful Mulberries and now use Balenciagas instead for a totally worry-free bag experience! ;)

smally said:
I know that a lot of the ladies keep a large carrier bag in their bag so if they do get caught in the rain unexpectedly it can be used to protect your bag.

I do this!! I thought it was just me...

(although I have one of those bag in a pouch things so it takes up virtually no room when in my bag, and looks a bit more stylish than a regular plastic bag when I do need to use it!)

My pink SBS has been out in the rain had no problems with that but i noticed yesterday it has turned my louis white damier purse pink round the sides :sad:. I once took my oak ledbury in the rain and that had been sprayed lots and it looks like it has a disease now

why not your SBS????

I will use it in a light rain, but not a real downpour. I would take my Mitzy or Roxy out or one of my cheaper bags. I just don't want to take any risks with the delicate SBS leather. I sprayed my conker SBS 4 times and has been out in a light rain with no probs at all

As others here, I always carry a fizbag just in case (a more stylish foldaway carrier bag)

Wouldn't want to risk a downpour with my new conker SBS (:heart:) either, although I have sprayed her with Collonil and everything...
Was planning to take her on her first outing tomorrow, but the weather forecast says wind and heavy rain - so: no way, she'll have to wait to be presented to the world ;)

Had Mitzy out in (light) rain before and she was fine. But I don't know if I would take her out in really heavy rain, although she seems more robust than my SBS.
Same with my oak soft buffalo Alexa...

I also have what a lot of you have: one of these foldable light tote bags in a little pouch in the purse I carry. Serves either as protection for my precious bags or as an extra shopping tote as well when needed - very handy to have one, would definitely recommend it! :smile:

My oak bays got caught in rain once (tiny little drops, though), and in snow a couple of times. There was absolutely no damage, thank god :smile: I wonder how much water it can take, but somehow I don't wanna find out...

I always have a pack of kleenex in it, in case it needs a wipe.

So I'm getting a more weather-friendly Antony, soon.... Though I hope I'll become more reckless with the oak bays, patina is nice, right?

lineceuk said:
This morning I decided not to use my SBS oak as it was raining :graucho: ...light rain but still rain. My OH thought I was mad not to use such an expensive bag if it is raining as i would not use 90% of the time given i live in sunny UK!!! :lol:

I have sprayed my SBS at least 6 times with Collonil but im still petrified of rain...

can i ask what you are doing when it is raining?
Do you opt for a safe option and not use your Mulberry or take the hit and use it!???

Many thanks
:hugs:

I never use Oak Bays in the rain as I am such a coward. Everything else from eggplant Bays to Darias to little Lily get used. I love Oaky and have sprayed her and bought her an Envirosax. Yet I still check the weather forecast before I use her!