Your Most Unforgettable Handbag Story!

Apr 22, 2018
I’ll start :smile:!

This was before the pandemic. I was on maternity leave. My husband, our baby in the hand-carry car seat, and I went to this casual restaurant for dinner. My husband held the hand-carry car seat with our baby. I had my Diorama WOC, and a big diaper bag (back in days when I had to carry bottles, diapers etc.).

Finished dinner. Did some shopping and whatnot. We came home in the evening. Bathed our baby. Then I asked my husband - “have you seen my Dior WOC?” “Did you leave it in the car?” I quickly went to look for it. “No, it wasn’t in the car! Where did it go :wtf:?”

It was already around 10:30pm. I thought - I can’t call the restaurant. They are probably closed!! Omg! My Dior WOC that we bought in Paris! Probably got stolen already! And all my ID and cards were inside too!

I went online and searched for the restaurant. Found their Facebook page. Messaged the owner, hoping they’d reply.

The owner replied in 10-15 minutes! “I waited for you for half an hour more after closing time, hoping you’d realize that you forgot your purse and come back.”

I almost wanted to cry!

The next day we went back to the restaurant for another meal. My husband parked his car and saw one of the restaurant staff at the parking lot. The staff said “How could your wife forgot such an expensive purse :giggle:?”

We paid a huge tip after that meal as a thank-you. Too bad, due to restrictions, no dine-in for now.

I was looking at a Coach backpack at Nordies when it fell off the counter into my daughter's stroller . She starts teething on it . There are literally teeth marks on the drawstring. The SA looks at me and asks if I will be using my Nordie's card or another form of payment. I decided to add a wallet to that unattended purchase. My husband joked about it for years!!

I was in the verge of buying my first LV and was in Manhattan with my son who is special needs. We stopped at Saks Fifth Ave at the LV boutique there. My son was so freaking excited for me he kept asking if I was buying a bag?!! I forgot my credit card, couldn’t open a saks card because I didn’t have my major credit card with me...so we left empty handed. A couple of weekends later my husband told me to just go to the closest LV store in NJ and buy the bag I wanted. My girls weren’t feeling well so it was my son and me together again. The saleswoman was amazing to my son who was so happy for me. I purchased the NF mm and it was a great purchase.

Now I still bring my son when I buy LV. He’s got a great eye and you can’t beathis level of enthusiasm!

I was looking at a Coach backpack at Nordies when it fell off the counter into my daughter's stroller . She starts teething on it . There are literally teeth marks on the drawstring. The SA looks at me and asks if I will be using my Nordie's card or another form of payment. I decided to add a wallet to that unattended purchase. My husband joked about it for years!!

I am curious to know what that Coach backpack looks like :smile:.

I was in the verge of buying my first LV and was in Manhattan with my son who is special needs. We stopped at Saks Fifth Ave at the LV boutique there. My son was so freaking excited for me he kept asking if I was buying a bag?!! I forgot my credit card, couldn’t open a saks card because I didn’t have my major credit card with me...so we left empty handed. A couple of weekends later my husband told me to just go to the closest LV store in NJ and buy the bag I wanted. My girls weren’t feeling well so it was my son and me together again. The saleswoman was amazing to my son who was so happy for me. I purchased the NF mm and it was a great purchase.

Now I still bring my son when I buy LV. He’s got a great eye and you can’t beathis level of enthusiasm!

Which Neverfull MM did you buy?
I found that Louis Vuitton’s sales are generally very nice and happy to show you different products. The SAs are helpful.

Chanel, no, it’s the opposite experience. It’s the kind of feeling that “we don’t NEED your business to survive.” When I paid, they asked me if I wanted to join their mailing list. I said no. Because I know I’ll never be their VVVVIP. I am not their regular shopper.

Not exactly a handbag, but a few years back, I was at Bulgari on my lunch picking up a present for DH shortly before Valentine's Day. While I was there, I spotted a pink mini bag charm and looked at it, but reluctantly walked away as I had another pink bag being delivered and have a general rule of "no more pink bags" because of how many I have. Plus, I didn't think it was right buying something for myself when I was there to buy a gift.

Fast forward to Valentine's Day and we both bring out Bulgari bags. It's the charm. Apparently, DH showed up minutes after I left and my SA managed to mask her surprise, navigate him to the charm, and convince him I'd want it despite my "no more pink bags" rule without spoiling I'd been there.
1619374856761.png

Which Neverfull MM did you buy?
I found that Louis Vuitton’s sales are generally very nice and happy to show you different products. The SAs are helpful.

Chanel, no, it’s the opposite experience. It’s the kind of feeling that “we don’t NEED your business to survive.” When I paid, they asked me if I wanted to join their mailing list. I said no. Because I know I’ll never be their VVVVIP. I am not their regular shopper.
The monogram.

I was at a family dinner and had my new black caviar chanel GST with me. I was pretty paranoid about babying it in the old days when it was new and sat it on a spare chair next to me. My 6 year old nephew was on the other side to it. During the dinner after giving my bag a seat at the table, my nephew proceeded to knock a whole glass of coke on the table, most of which went all over an into my bag. Through gritted teeth I said it was ok and in fact it turned out it was ok! I wiped it all down and it is still going strong and in great condition almost ten years later.

Years ago when my daughter was young she either cried (later, talked lol) non-stop, and hated shopping. I was literally playing "beat the clock" each time I had to run into a grocery store or target with her ( I had to dart into and out of stores quickly so as not to disturb others). One day I left a food store with my daughter (crying and fussing) as fast as I could, and inadvertently left my brand new LV Palermo in the shopping cart and didn't realize it until we got home and unpacked the car. Unbelievably, when I got back to the parking lot of the supermarket, my shopping cart and my LV were both in the exact place I left them in that parking lot! :faint: :hysteric:

Last edited:
It was summer of 2018 when my little family and I went to Paris. We took the Metro which is utterly notorious for pick-pockets. I always ask my partner to hold and carry our son, while I tightly hold onto our belongings (travel pram included). We were already in the cabin when my partner realized we were on the opposite track. He immediately jumped out of the train with my son and since the train was packed, i had to squeeze myself between commuters as I head towards the door. The doors unfortunately shut while I was making my way out, leaving a dent on my Chanel boy bag which I was carrying on my shoulders The people around me were very helpful in forcing the doors open and pushing me out. I didn’t know what made me panic, the many hands pushing me out, or the train doors denting my precious boy bag!

It was summer of 2018 when my little family and I went to Paris. We took the Metro which is utterly notorious for pick-pockets. I always ask my partner to hold and carry our son, while I tightly hold onto our belongings (travel pram included). We were already in the cabin when my partner realized we were on the opposite track. He immediately jumped out of the train with my son and since the train was packed, i had to squeeze myself between commuters as I head towards the door. The doors unfortunately shut while I was making my way out, leaving a dent on my Chanel boy bag which I was carrying on my shoulders The people around me were very helpful in forcing the doors open and pushing me out. I didn’t know what made me panic, the many hands pushing me out, or the train doors denting my precious boy bag!

Taking your Chanel Boy bag to travel? I’d be too afraid to take any of my high-end purses for travelling :-s. But, that’s just me though.

Reactions: Chanellover2015
Not exactly a handbag, but a few years back, I was at Bulgari on my lunch picking up a present for DH shortly before Valentine's Day. While I was there, I spotted a pink mini bag charm and looked at it, but reluctantly walked away as I had another pink bag being delivered and have a general rule of "no more pink bags" because of how many I have. Plus, I didn't think it was right buying something for myself when I was there to buy a gift.

Fast forward to Valentine's Day and we both bring out Bulgari bags. It's the charm. Apparently, DH showed up minutes after I left and my SA managed to mask her surprise, navigate him to the charm, and convince him I'd want it despite my "no more pink bags" rule without spoiling I'd been there.
View attachment 5065731
I have the exact one but in green. It’s truly a cutie!!

Have you tried adding a chain to it to use as micro bag - when doing quick errands?