Your Most Sentimental Item In Your Closet ?

Jan 23, 2006
I have some beautiful pieces of jewelry that my Mother gave to me.

When I was little I remember her wearing them all the time and making such a fuss over them, cleaning them, admiring them, talking about them, she always insisted they were put back into thier cases when she wasn't wearing them.

I also have a T shirt my niece Angelique gave to me for my Birthday years ago.
:love:

Whats in Your Closet ?

I have this ring that was my grandmothers before she passed away, I remember admiring it and trying it on as a child, its gold with a pink stone that has diamonds around it, something that I wouldn't normally pick out, but I love it.

A set of beads, that my mother received when she became Buddhist. They're somewhere in there.. deep, deep inside, I can't seem to find them right now ! :cry:

A tacky pair of K-Swiss tennis shoes that my grandmother swiped from me a few months before she died. It has been 10 years, but can't bear to throw them away as they remind me of her every time that I come across the box!

i would have to say my first pair of Doc Marten Boots... i can still remember the day my Mum was like, "I cant believe you want these!"
Everytime i put them on, i think of my Mum and how upset she was when i asked/begged her for these! I can't bare the though of trading up to new ones, they'll be in my closet forever!
I've had them for over 10 years now and they're still going strong!

Danica said:
That's really cool! Do you ever put them on?

Yup, of course (when I can find them !). I'm kind of agnostic about religion, so the blessing on the beads aren't as great as how it serves as a symbol of love from my mommy ! :shame:

ayla said:
Yup, of course (when I can find them !). I'm kind of agnostic about religion, so the blessing on the beads aren't as great as how it serves as a symbol of love from my mommy ! :shame:

I'm sort of them same, but if I had to pick something that suited me, the closest thing would be Buddhism. I was able to see the Dahlai Lama in Toronto a couple of years back, I was in awe.

Danica said:
I'm sort of them same, but if I had to pick something that suited me, the closest thing would be Buddhism. I was able to see the Dahlai Lama in Toronto a couple of years back, I was in awe.

Aw man, I was going to see the Dali Lama when he came to Toronto ! I had an exam on that day though, so there was just no way. I've read his book, "The Art of Happiness", it's quite good !