Your Most Fundamental Female Rights ??

I'm completely pro-choice. What I do with my body is nobody else's business.

And I am opposed to late-term abortions because I do know what they entail. But that's all I'm opposed to, so stop using them as examples.

bethany said:
Go research the statistics...there an an estimated 1,000,000+ people currently seeking to adopt a child (or two or three or more). There are about 1.5-1.6 million abortions performed each year.
A lot of those children could find homes immediately. I think we need a more efficient adoption system. I think we need better programs for children (as I stated in my post which apparently no one really read thoroughly). My point was that 99% of the time, abortion is NOT the "only option". My point was that there is no individual freedom when it comes to choosing to end another person's life. "A woman's decision" to drown her kids in the bathtub is a homicide. "A woman's decision" to drown her unborn in salt water and dismember it with tongs is "Freedom". Sorry, but that rings of BS to me.

Bethany, thinking that every or even most unaborted children will get adopted by a loving family is just idealism.
The many families who want children in this country aren't exactly putting a dent in the ones that are born already and living in orphanages and foster care.

I would never say to someone- "Look, just get rid of it instead of giving birth" that is not the answer. But I'm going to defend every woman's right of choice.

You can't justify taking away someone's choice by another person's criminal action.

I believe in a woman's right to control her own body, every aspect of it. But the answer to both sides of the abortion issue, is to make birth control easier to obtain, and to educate people before they're in that position. If you outlaw it, we're only going to back to the days of backalley butchers.

jenna said:
plus, IMO, I think people should be concerned about the lives of these unwanted children :sad: who do get born b/c of this new law. there are enough children who have miserable lives living in poverty, abusive situations, in cages etc. please don't compound the problem with more unloved children (not saying they will all be unloved). why don't lawmakers put their efforts toward helping children who need care now!! hope this law gets overturned soon
sorry, I get a little steamed when I keep hearing about abused children.
(p.s. I do think there is an exception when the mother's life is in danger).

You have such a good point and I come face to face with the reality of unwanted children everyday as a Child Protective Services investigator. I have seen child abuse and neglect beyond what many of you can comprehend and I can honestly say that some of these children will probably grow up and wish that they had been aborted, and sadly many of these unwanted children suffer a death that is so horrible, none of us can even begin to imagine.
I think that if people saw what I saw everyday it would change their minds about abortion.

I am head of my local women'c rights chapter , and it does encompass more than just right to chose, but rights to equil heath care benifits ... over 90% of Insurance companies cover the "Little Blue Pill" but fewer than 35% cover basic oral contriceptives and fewer than 15% cover the newer more advanced pap smear cancer screenings.
A woman is entiltled as any human being to make decisions based on HER life and HER circimstance, that circumstance should never be beholden to ANY other individual REGARDLESS of what they percive as right and wrong , it is wrong to deny any path in life to any one who is seeking to make decisions based on her life.

greyhoundgal said:
You have such a good point and I come face to face with the reality of unwanted children everyday as a Child Protective Services investigator. I have seen child abuse and neglect beyond what many of you can comprehend and I can honestly say that some of these children will probably grow up and wish that they had been aborted, and sadly many of these unwanted children suffer a death that is so horrible, none of us can even begin to imagine.
I think that if people saw what I saw everyday it would change their minds about abortion.

this (bolded portion) is so sad that it makes me wanna cry :sad2: .... good for you for doing your part to help these kids. it must be a very hard job sometimes, but also very fulfilling.