Your Most Fundamental Female Rights ??

Paisley

O.G.
Jan 13, 2006
ayla said:
I can't believe South Dakota is challenging abortion rights by banning them except in cases where it is a danger to the mother's life.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

This sorry my language 'but this pisses me off!!!'

The passed that abortions in S.D. are illegal now, and no-one may do them anymore. It dose not matter if the -mother to be's' life is in danger, unplanned/unable to care for child, or rape. You may not get it done.

If I was assualted and raped, I would be traumitized, then finding out I'm pregnant by the person who violated me, I'd have his child, I wouldn't want it the child in me, and to know I would be bringing it into this world. It brings shivers up my spine.

And if the mother life is in danger (diabetes, cancer,etc) That I would/might die if I go through with it. AND that the State im in dosen't care about my safety. It disgusts me!

S.D. made a statement saying you will be punished for having abortion illegaly in there state. More problems will arise when pregnant women who CANT afford to drive to another state, have to turn to a doctor, who is illegally and unsafely performing it.

I'm :evil: and fill my rights are violated!
It's my body, my soul, my life, things like this get me soooo mad!

jenna

*flower power*
O.G.
Jan 27, 2006
Paisley said:

The passed that abortions in S.D. are illegal now, and no-one may do them anymore. It dose not matter if the -mother to be's' life is in danger, unplanned/unable to care for child, or rape. You may not get it done.

If I was assualted and raped, I would be traumitized, then finding out I'm pregnant by the person who violated me, I'd have his child, I wouldn't want it the child in me, and to know I would be bringing it into this world. It brings shivers up my spine.

And if the mother life is in danger (diabetes, cancer,etc) That I would/might die if I go through with it. AND that the State im in dosen't care about my safety. It disgusts me!

S.D. made a statement saying you will be punished for having abortion illegaly in there state. More problems will arise when pregnant women who CANT afford to drive to another state, have to turn to a doctor, who is illegally and unsafely performing it.

plus, IMO, I think people should be concerned about the lives of these unwanted children :sad: who do get born b/c of this new law. there are enough children who have miserable lives living in poverty, abusive situations, in cages etc. please don't compound the problem with more unloved children (not saying they will all be unloved). why don't lawmakers put their efforts toward helping children who need care now!! hope this law gets overturned soon
sorry, I get a little steamed when I keep hearing about abused children.
(p.s. I do think there is an exception when the mother's life is in danger).

bethany

O.G.
Dec 29, 2005
I'm sorry, but my very first and most fundamental right, male OR FEMALE, was my right to life.

There are thousands and thousands of couples who not only able to provide for a child, they're desperately wanting to. Every abortion denies these childless people a baby. Not being able to provide for a child is not an acceptable excuse for terminating a pregnancy. SOMEONE will want that kid.

Rape and "mother's life in danger" cases are few and far between, and those are special matters that do not have to do with 99% of abortion cases.

the outcome of Roe v. Wade was a disgrace to our country's judicial system.

There is no such thing as "bodily autonomy" when there is another human being developing inside you. What about his or her bodily autonomy? Sure, it can't exist without you, but neither can a newborn. And I'm sure everyone here is totally for throwing newborn babies away in the garbage just because the mother can't take care of it.

Which brings me to my last point...I agree that the state does not do nearly enough for abused children. With the extra money they have from not having to regulate abortion, they should greatly increase their childcare efforts. There is someone who will give a good home to ever baby. I am positive of that. It makes me sick that people will sacrifice innocent children on the altar of convienience. Maybe sucking a baby's brains out (go research an actual late-term abortion procedure. Most of you would be horrified to know that they were doing it to a DOG, much less a human child) is more humane in the long run than letting it die of abuse 5 years later, but IT IS NOT AN EITHER-OR OPTION.
The most basic human right is the right to life. Period. The end.

Sorry if this post is too political or whatever. I'm not angry or cursing, but if it is inappropriate feel free to delete it.

clinkenwar

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
"someone will want the kid"..? Tell that to the thousands of children in foster care who are getting older every day and who for whatever reason aren't adopted by all of these so called people who would be willing to give the unborn a home...that is so random and hypothetical..it's not like there's a shortage of children and that people are just unable to adopt a child..a large percentage of those who adopt are very particular about age, sex, race and that's why a lot of them don't have a child..so putting another baby out there that you can't take care of and that no one may ever take care of seems particularly absurd to me..I think the whole concept of "right to life" leaves the discussion open to determining what constitutes a life..and not in the sense of just breathing and being aware..
Sorry for my rant...but I have seen every side of this issue and I don't believe that any person is in a position to make choices for someone else in this regard.

Dec 14, 2005
^^I agree.

I don't think the government or anyone else has a right to tell a woman what she cannot do with her own body. I don't think a woman should be forced into having a child she does not want. And I think that sends a very irresponsible message. What would stop a woman, who is forced to carry a child that she dosn't want, from trying to harm the unborn baby???

Jan 12, 2006
I agree with clinkenwar and scarlett. There is no shortage of adoptable children in the world. If anything, there is a surplus. Also, if abortion is made illegal, some women and young girls will go to dangerously extreme measures to handle an unwanted pregnancy (go to unlicensed and unclean facilities, kill/throw away the child once it is born, try to force a miscarriage, etc.) If a woman truly feels that she has no other option, then she should have the right to choose abortion.

jag

O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
This freedom to decide whether or not abortion is right for you, whatever the circumstance, is the very freedom that is so essential. What is right for me may not be right for you- but who am I to force my beliefs upon you or force you to do something you are desperately against. And I don't believe any government, state, politician or stranger off the street should have any say as to what I decide is right for my body: my most fundamental right is the autonomy of spirit, body and mind!

FullyLoaded

Flame Head
O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
I would support any woman's decision- adoption, childbirth or abortion.
I have no right to decide what option is 'right' for millions and millions of women in this country.

There aren't enough programs for single or disadvantaged women who are told to just give birth to a child with no regard to her lifestyle or if she is able to take care of it. Getting a job at Wal-Mart isn't feasible for every woman.

I see people getting passionate about defending the right of a child to be born.
What about what comes after? Do they protest crappy public schools? Lack of decent healthcare or public assistance? Skyrocketing rents in many major cities without decent wages to pay for living expenses in addition to daycare?

BalenciagaLove

Plisse Me!
Feb 4, 2006
Paisley said:

Amen!!!! This is precisely why I will now never live in that state! Personally, I am against abortion, but I feel that this is something a WOMAN needs to decide for herself, not the Church, not the State, and definitely not some quack legislature of a state whose government consist of almost all men!

bethany

O.G.
Dec 29, 2005
Go research the statistics...there an an estimated 1,000,000+ people currently seeking to adopt a child (or two or three or more). There are about 1.5-1.6 million abortions performed each year.
A lot of those children could find homes immediately. I think we need a more efficient adoption system. I think we need better programs for children (as I stated in my post which apparently no one really read thoroughly). My point was that 99% of the time, abortion is NOT the "only option". My point was that there is no individual freedom when it comes to choosing to end another person's life. "A woman's decision" to drown her kids in the bathtub is a homicide. "A woman's decision" to drown her unborn in salt water and dismember it with tongs is "Freedom". Sorry, but that rings of BS to me.