Your Mental Limit

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
Regardless of your pocketbook, what's your mental limit?

I can justify a $1,000 bag. But at this point, I don't think I could pay $2,000 for a bag. I can't even imagine loving a bag enough, or so much more so than a $1K bag, to shell out the bucks. This is definitely a mental limit, because $2K is about a fifth of my tuition!

i thought my mental limit was $1k, as long as it was in cash...but i'm having a tough time forking over the $$$ for a speedy that is already sitting in my drawer earmarked specifically for that purchase, so that tells me my mental limit must actually be MUCH lower than that. :smile: i'm going to suck it up, buy it anyway, and be VERY happy like two days later after the initial shock wears off. :smile:

Swedie said:
Right now my mental limit is pretty low :lol: I am not buying anything that's more than $200 until I get a J O B!! :P

Don't feel bad, I'm having the same problem!!

I think though, if I had more money, my limit would be whatever my monthly rent is. (Which around here, runs a minimum of $500/month for a one-bedroom, one-bathroom apt., and like I said that's minimum - usually they're more like $600.)

$250-300.
However, there are a couple of exceptions to that limit:
One-off or limited editions if I really like them.
Chloe bags that I really like.
Hermes.

Limit? Unfortunatley it's pretty high. I would say over $5,000 with the exception of the LV patchwork bag which is ((hold your breath)) $20,000 :amazed: :lol: I love love love that bag.

I take a lot of trouble to find special bags,but I don't buy one each month. My bags have to last and last and I don't buy them to resell them.

Having said that,if I see a beautiful bag that I want I pay whatever it costs.

Up to now the most expensive has been the Marc Jacobs Stam bag for 1200 euros.

I was on the waiting list for a Chanel bag for 2000 euros though,but the stupid store didn't get enough stock:sad: .

QuirkyCool said:
I take a lot of trouble to find special bags,but I don't buy one each month. My bags have to last and last and I don't buy them to resell them.

Having said that,if I see a beautiful bag that I want I pay whatever it costs.

Up to now the most expensive has been the Marc Jacobs Stam bag for 1200 euros.

I was on the waiting list for a Chanel bag for 2000 euros though,but the stupid store didn't get enough stock:sad: .

Which Chanel are you on the waiting list ? the reissue or the classic one ?

My mental limit would be 1400 Euros I guess it's almost 2000$ but just for the BV ball bag. I try to stay under the 1k mark and except for my paddy it worked. I still have convertion porblems with Euro. A couple of years ago we had the DM and it was 2:1 to a Euro so even now I think: WOW it's 400Euros for a LV that's a good deal but when I convert it back into DM it's the double. But it works in lying to myself:smile: