Your Marc Jacobs in action!

@maxww I've been slowly collecting for the past few years and on the one hand, it would be good if not many people know so we can keep them for ourselves but on the other hand it's hard not to share these finds. :drinks:
But TPF has been such a great resource for sleuthing that I feel gotta give back even if sparingly :angel:

It's curious but knowing I could buy any of the current bags at a fraction of the price, in great condition, 5-10 years down the road is making me (almost) lose interest in current offerings.

This is what I've done with my bag, too! Actually, I didn''t know the name but I got it off of TRR for under $100, too (well it was about $150 when it reached me but still a steal for the quality!). I was looking for the icy leather bags, and this is definitely it. I can understand now all the hype about this leather. Funny that TRR listed it as 'patent' leather. This bag is going on 15 years old and my goodness it will probably outlast me.

View attachment 5218945
I think this one is the Quilted Hobo? It has the two pockets on the other side, correct? I've never gotten my hands on the icy leather. Great idea to fashion a bag similar to the Coussin without the crazy price!

Reactions: Jktgal
The color is hard photograph. It is definitely a taupe/grey color.
So torn between this and the Argon Oil but finally chose this cement in the small rather than mini (have red mini). I am more of a cool neutral. Hoping it is not too heavy otherwise it may go back. I have several guitar straps- maybe that will help with weight distribution.

Reminds me of Hermes etoupe cw based on photos. Glad to hear you like yours!

Reactions: baghabitz34
So torn between this and the Argon Oil but finally chose this cement in the small rather than mini (have red mini). I am more of a cool neutral. Hoping it is not too heavy otherwise it may go back. I have several guitar straps- maybe that will help with weight distribution.

Reminds me of Hermes etoupe cw based on photos. Glad to hear you like yours!
Guitar straps definitely help with weight distribution. Whenever I carry my leather MJ totes, I use a guitar strap.

Reactions: toujours*chic