Your MAM and Warm Weather

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
Hi Ladies,

I'm wondering if you find the MAM to be a more seasonal bag or if you tend to carry yours all year long. I really love the MAM's design in that it is both classic and contemporary; I just wonder if it's better to be carried in cooler months.

I live where it's pretty warm to stinkin' hot most of the year and my Harewood Darling is so comfortable to carry. I'm just trying to figure out if this would be a good choice for the summer months. It's already been over 90 degrees the last couple of weeks so I think we're in for a long, hot summer.

Any thoughts or preferences you'd like to share?:smile:

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
I guess I should also add, I have 4 kids and they are home all summer, so hands free is easier for me. The other seasons they are in school, so I can use satchels easier.

I'm in a similar situation. I love being hands free with my kids but they are getting older now so I wonder if I can mix things up more. I just feel like the MAM is one of those styles that I can use in almost any situaion and that appeals to me.

I currently use my Longchmp bags and a couple of crossbody styles most often. And my Darling is a fantastic everyday bag. The MAM might be next...

Hisgeekygrrrl

Dreamer of dreams
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
I'm in a similar situation. I love being hands free with my kids but they are getting older now so I wonder if I can mix things up more. I just feel like the MAM is one of those styles that I can use in almost any situaion and that appeals to me.

I currently use my Longchmp bags and a couple of crossbody styles most often. And my Darling is a fantastic everyday bag. The MAM might be next...

Mine are getting a little older as well. I like satchels, and I plan to keep one mam around. But even when I go out by myself I find that I like the ease of hands free best. It's good to have a satchel to mix it up with though :yes:

Addictista

A.F.F.
Mar 5, 2009
I use my MAMs year-round. When I need to be hands-free I just use the long strap. The bag doesn't look great that way but it's good in a pinch. I'm actually not a fan of RM's hobos (the Nikki) because it's like a bottomless cave in there and I can't find anything.

geegirl

Apr 3, 2011
I personally use satchels all year round. Now that my son is older it's not a big deal being hands free. I find hobos or shoulder bags actually make me hotter in the summer and they just make my shoulders hurt.