Your LV experience with the store

beautycase

- selling soul for bags
Mar 18, 2017
Hello everyone :angel:

Today was the second time I was @ a LV Store. And I wanted to know if anyone also had this experience.
I am almost 22 years old and looking still pretty young like 18 or even younger. But I had the feeling like they treated me cause of my young looking, bad.
So I was like 15 minutes standing there before I talked to a women and ask her.
No offend, but I think they are much more friendly to older women.

What do you think? Has anyone also experience like this?

you may be right, but i do think that confidence is the key here. i don't ever recall having an issue with sa's, but i definitely don't overthink it. as far as i am concerned, i am there to see bags that interest me, most of which i have researched before arriving. tpf is such a great resource in that it allows us to approach the whole situation with both interest and knowledge. once the sa's perceive that you are familiar with the brand, i don't think you will have any trouble, regardless of age. i would suggest that the next time you are planning a trip to lv, put all of your thoughts into the beautiful bags you plan to look at. if the sa's are ignoring you and they are not otherwise engaged with a customer, i would say approach them with a courteous greeting followed by a request to see the first item on your possible wish list. that way, they will know you are there for a purpose ( even if you don't plan to purchase that day) and they will hopefully fulfill their job description of assisting you. best of luck : )

Your age may play a part, especially if you're perceived to be inexperienced, but then again some of the SAs in LV just flat out leave something to be desired in terms of customer service...regardless of the customer's actual age or socioeconomic status. I personally find the key to being successful is to go into the store knowing what you want, or at least having having a good idea, and knowing the brand - it gives you the sense of stability in the situation - and to work on socializing a little bit with a couple of the SAs there. Once you find one that you get along great with then your future shopping experiences will be far more positive.

Reactions: PurseAddict728
you may be right, but i do think that confidence is the key here. i don't ever recall having an issue with sa's, but i definitely don't overthink it. as far as i am concerned, i am there to see bags that interest me, most of which i have researched before arriving. tpf is such a great resource in that it allows us to approach the whole situation with both interest and knowledge. once the sa's perceive that you are familiar with the brand, i don't think you will have any trouble, regardless of age. i would suggest that the next time you are planning a trip to lv, put all of your thoughts into the beautiful bags you plan to look at. if the sa's are ignoring you and they are not otherwise engaged with a customer, i would say approach them with a courteous greeting followed by a request to see the first item on your possible wish list. that way, they will know you are there for a purpose ( even if you don't plan to purchase that day) and they will hopefully fulfill their job description of assisting you. best of luck : )

I totally agree with this. I would say stores like LV tend to get a lot of "lookers not buyers." This probably applies to those stores in areas with a lot of tourists ...which happen to be most larger cities which is where you tend to find LV stores. I agree the best thing to do is go in there with a purpose and show them them you are serious. Know a bag you would like to see down to the detail. For example is you say I would like to compare the speedy 25 and 30 preferably in damier ebene they will take you much more seriously than if you say you are just browsing. I wouldnt take it personally. From what I can tell all the stores tend to be this way regardless of age.

My dd who's 22 and looks young has been to the LV store 3 times. Twice to run errands for me and once to authenticate a speedy 30 bag she bought preloved. She's never bought a bag from them yet. But she gets excellent service from the store. She has been served by 3 different SA on each occasion. They have let her try on bags see new bags that are not on sale yet. Talk to her for ages . Sometimes just before the store closes. You would have thought they would be trying to hurry her out of the shop but no, she gets a better service then I did when I went there with my hubby. She must have some kind of aura or something. It's like this everywhere she goes. She's happy smiley person maybe that's it . Otherwise I don't know:biggrin:

Hello,

i am obsessed with LV so I know almost like everything, not even the SA knows what I know :biggrin:
A friend of mine also recommend me someone so I was talking to this person. But the women I talked before was so different. And also the aura was not really good. I am myself a seller so I know who to treat everyone with a positive smile and help the customers. Maybe it was just the LV Store here..

It could also be that they are busy servicing with other clients. I bought my first LV when I was 23 and I still look younger than I am. So I don't take offense. I just let them know what I'm looking for when they come over, or I ask someone who may be busy to have someone help me when they're available. I think being assertive and researched helps a lot. Don't let this cloud your next visit. Good luck!

It could also be that they are busy servicing with other clients. I bought my first LV when I was 23 and I still look younger than I am. So I don't take offense. I just let them know what I'm looking for when they come over, or I ask someone who may be busy to have someone help me when they're available. I think being assertive and researched helps a lot. Don't let this cloud your next visit. Good luck!
Thank you so much! I will try again and maybe it will be next time better. I just gived my speedy 30 and my Emilie Wallet for some repair there. So I will defentily come back! :flowers:

Reactions: Beanzy