Your lightest Coach in your collection

LaVisioneer

Apr 3, 2018
Most of my Coach bags are smaller as I have always been hesitant to purchase a large Coach bag for this reason.

Signature swing pack (2000s jacquard) is probably the least dense because it is fabric.

I have two Penny's (2012), a Regina (with the heavier leather), and outlet chain crossbodies (cross grain) that I also consider light weight to carry, but they also don't fit much.

The next size up - 2012 Willis starts to get too heavy for me as I like to carry a small water bottle in it.

Much larger than that I prefer a fabric tote or backpack, which is of course a more casual look. I have a few larger vinyl bags not from Coach that are light enough for me to carry, too. I know a lot of people love the Longchamp nylon totes because they are so light weight.

Chain straps add a lot of extra weight I find, too.

There were some larger bags like the Edie and Parker tote that I thought were too heavy empty (though beautiful!). I also bought the Dreamer shoulder bag and was surprised it was so heavy empty that I returned it.

I think thinner leather and fewer pockets reduces weight. My mom had a Taft bag that she had to stop using because the doctor told her it was causing her back/shoulder issues! She also had a strap break on one of the larger gathered leather Madison satchels because it was so heavy!

Hope this helps!

shminbabe

Aug 12, 2012
Well any of the coated canvas pieces (they are HOT right now) are going to be lighter in weight...so currently I carry a Cassie 19 in coated canvas signature (rust and brown, love) with the actual canvas LOVE tote (with vachetta leather straps!).

Or, how about the signature Chambray?! Gorgeous, fabric, and lightweight in a belt bag or the Riley crossbody.

Oct 11, 2008
Most of my Coach bags are smaller as I have always been hesitant to purchase a large Coach bag for this reason.

Signature swing pack (2000s jacquard) is probably the least dense because it is fabric.

I have two Penny's (2012), a Regina (with the heavier leather), and outlet chain crossbodies (cross grain) that I also consider light weight to carry, but they also don't fit much.

The next size up - 2012 Willis starts to get too heavy for me as I like to carry a small water bottle in it.

Much larger than that I prefer a fabric tote or backpack, which is of course a more casual look. I have a few larger vinyl bags not from Coach that are light enough for me to carry, too. I know a lot of people love the Longchamp nylon totes because they are so light weight.

Chain straps add a lot of extra weight I find, too.

There were some larger bags like the Edie and Parker tote that I thought were too heavy empty (though beautiful!). I also bought the Dreamer shoulder bag and was surprised it was so heavy empty that I returned it.

I think thinner leather and fewer pockets reduces weight. My mom had a Taft bag that she had to stop using because the doctor told her it was causing her back/shoulder issues! She also had a strap break on one of the larger gathered leather Madison satchels because it was so heavy!

Hope this helps!
Yes this does help! I really admire the Rouge's. They seem to be made with a nice quality leather. But I am
hesitant to purchase one, because of it being heavy. The older Coach styles like the Sophia's are my favorite
to carry!

Reactions: americandreaming
Oct 11, 2008
Well any of the coated canvas pieces (they are HOT right now) are going to be lighter in weight...so currently I carry a Cassie 19 in coated canvas signature (rust and brown, love) with the actual canvas LOVE tote (with vachetta leather straps!).

Or, how about the signature Chambray?! Gorgeous, fabric, and lightweight in a belt bag or the Riley crossbody.
Thank you for your response! I am going to look into the styles you have suggested!

Reactions: americandreaming