Your light Bal leather colors - how do you brave it?

LoveHandbags!

~adore~
O.G.
Dec 11, 2009
Hi everyone :smile:
Ok, so I need to know, how in the world did you muster up the courage to purchase your light color Bal leathers?

There are so many that are just beyond gorgeous and elegant, I have been completely drooling over the pix of a Praline City with GSH, but I am a scaredy cat, I am afraid of how it will wear and actually I am really careful with my beloved handbags.

Please share your experiences :tender: good, bad or otherwise, thank you!

Reactions: Namwan-
I have a Sahara SGH City and some other lighter colors and I use them! With Sahara I've never had a problem with denin transfer, etc - but it does still have the glazing on the back so I think the somewhat protects it. The only one I have issues with is white/creme GGH PT. I don't wear that one with jeans or any kind of fuzzy sweater (wore a black sweater once and the fuzz got on the back of bag - was able to get it off though). My Sahara still looks as good as when I first got it.

I have a Sahara SGH City and some other lighter colors and I use them! With Sahara I've never had a problem with denin transfer, etc - but it does still have the glazing on the back so I think the somewhat protects it. The only one I have issues with is white/creme GGH PT. I don't wear that one with jeans or any kind of fuzzy sweater (wore a black sweater once and the fuzz got on the back of bag - was able to get it off though). My Sahara still looks as good as when I first got it.

Hi have you treated your Sahara with anything to help protect it from color transfer etc.? I just got LMB products but haven't had the guts to put them on it yet:smile:

I love light colored bags! My first Chanel was a white Jumbo!

I have a Praline City which I love! I treated the handles only (FHO by Lovinmybags) and it has held up well. I am careful with my bags.

I say go for the color you love and just pre-treat if you need to! Life is too short!

What color are you contemplating?

I treat my light colored ones with LMB's Pro Treatment. And if I use the bag often, I treat it maybe once every month or two. Seems to be working fine, with no stains or spots.

If you take good care of your bags already, you should be fine. Even more so after you treat the bag.

I love light colored bags! My first Chanel was a white Jumbo!

I have a Praline City which I love! I treated the handles only (FHO by Lovinmybags) and it has held up well. I am careful with my bags.

I say go for the color you love and just pre-treat if you need to! Life is too short!

What color are you contemplating?

Hi Sandysandiego, not sure yet, still in research phase, as I mentioned above, Praline has caught my eye in a huge way. We'll see! All I know is that I am soooooooo drawn to the lighter colors and love the GSH. There is such an elegance yet edgy-ness to it. Love! I take really good care of my handbags, and also believe life is too short, so I will most likely go for it when the right Bal comes along. :heart:

I treat my light colored ones with LMB's Pro Treatment. And if I use the bag often, I treat it maybe once every month or two. Seems to be working fine, with no stains or spots.

If you take good care of your bags already, you should be fine. Even more so after you treat the bag.

Hi o_luxurious, thank you, I have LMB's ProTreatment, so I will remember that! Thanks again

The only light bag I have is my pistachio city. I bought it because I loved the color for years and it's very "me" - however I have a large selection of dark bbags that are really my daily work horses. I only would use pistachio on special occasions. Sometimes I think I should let her go since it's not a daily use bag, but the color is so special I always end up keeping her.

I have both a white slim and an ivory city - best not to wear with denim - they look great with white jeans, or dresses, I do find that most marking wipes straight off if you notice it early enough to clean it...

I find the ivory more high-maintenance than the white surprisingly. I love them both too much not to use them - and do have darker colored bals in my collection as well that I don't have to worry about at all.