Your input on this Dusty Blue Satchel and true color?

Jul 28, 2018
Hi, I fell in love with this color but after looking elsewhere I am seeing a much different color then what they show. See a picture of the purseDooney Dusty Blue satchel.jpeg My question is, is this the actual color do you think???...
open

I have Dusty Blue in pebbled leather and it's not quite as vivid as these pics. But it's a lovely blue color which seems to be very neutral. If the Florentine Dusty Blue is anywhere near the color in these pictures.... then sign me up... it will be stunning.

BTW the Flo Steel Blue is a light grey color.... at least the Flo Steel Blue wallet I bought was.

I have Dusty Blue in pebbled leather and it's not quite as vivid as these pics. But it's a lovely blue color which seems to be very neutral. If the Florentine Dusty Blue is anywhere near the color in these pictures.... then sign me up... it will be stunning.

I think the stock photo in the original post is a Raleigh leather satchel, which is probably for the best as Raleigh leather IME is less affected than Florentine by time, air, sun, moisture, etc. and the color will likely stay true.

Does anyone have any Raleigh leather handbags? What's the leather like?
Yes, I have one, in a structured tote style like a larger Roxy bag. It's an unusual leather. From more than a foot away, it looks smooth, at least in Black. But up close you can see a super flat, very subtle pebble. And when you glide your fingertips over it you can JUST feel a tiny bit of flat texture.

Personally I think it falls towards the "smooth leather" side of the Dooney spectrum because despite the visual up close texture, it otherwise acts like smooth leather.

Reactions: Dooneysta
Yes, I have one, in a structured tote style like a larger Roxy bag. It's an unusual leather. From more than a foot away, it looks smooth, at least in Black. But up close you can see a super flat, very subtle pebble. And when you glide your fingertips over it you can JUST feel a tiny bit of flat texture.

Personally I think it falls towards the "smooth leather" side of the Dooney spectrum because despite the visual up close texture, it otherwise acts like smooth leather.
Thanks.

Reactions: DaffodilDuck
I ordered a Raleigh in wine and I didn't like it because it didn't have the shin like a florentine. It was dull. I hope I feel differently about this blue. I hate ilovedooney. Their Mobil up messed up and ordered 2 bags. I contacted them and they gave me their bs song and dance that UPS already had them. This was a Friday. Well on the following Tuesday FedEx finally started moving it. It won't be here til the 12th. All that money tied up forn all that time! They could give a rats a** about customers!!!?