Your input needed - wisdom for teen girls

dusty paws

O.G.
Sep 20, 2006
Hi all,

with the holidays fast approaching i decided to take a different route for my two teenage cousins this year. since they're growing up (and one is having a hard time) i decided to make them journals. i want to fill it with quotes and sayings.

so this is where you all come in - if you would be willing to share some wisdom, quotes (they can be funny, serious, about fashion, anything) i'd really appreciate it!

What a sweet idea. One of my favorites is a pretty common one but I think it's especially appropriate for young women.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

"Some women choose to follow men, and some choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore."
-Lady Gaga

"When I wake up in the morning, I feel like any other insecure 24-year-old girl. Then I say,'*****, you're Lady Gaga, you get up and walk the walk today."
-Lady Gaga

"everything's okay in the end. if it's not okay, it's not the end."

also I have 2 quotes in my siggy that I love!

Also here are just things I've learned over the years
-love yourself and believe in yourself because in the end, YOU are all you have. If you don't respect yourself, then no one else will.
-Confidence.
-Don't let people walk all over you. Stand up for yourself. Stand up for your friends, your beliefs, and your rights.
-Life's not fair.
-Cry every once in a while.
-Be resourceful and independent, but remember it's not shameful to ask for help when you need it.

From Martina McBride's "This One's for the Girls"...

This one's for all you girls about thirteen
High school can be so rough, can be so mean
Hold onto, on to your innocence
Stand your ground when everyone's giving in

I love the last line and quote it often to my children!

Well, I'm a teacher and every year I hang a poster that reads:

30 years from now,
it won't matter what shoes you wore,
how your hair looked,
or the jeans you bought.
What will matter
is what you learned
and how you used it.

I don't know if many kids really pay attention to it but I think if even ONE of them does, it has done its job. It's great advice that most people wish they had considered as teens.:biggrin:

Last edited:
people will stare. make it worth their while! (harry winston)

life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away (anonymous)

dance as though no one is watching you
love as though you have never been hurt
sing as though no one can hear you
live as though heaven is on earth
(souza)

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much (Oscar Wilde)