Your Input is Appreciated... Pink LV Bags

skmcpher

Feb 11, 2013
If this is too long, I apologize!

I had been admiring the Soft Lockit PM in Magnolia for quite a while but never really tried it out because I didn't feel right about spending that much money on a purse. I know the bag is in very limited quantity since it's being discontinued so I hadn't seen it in stores for a while. Anyway, last week DH and I went to our local store just to look around and they had the bag on display. I was so surprised to see it and I think the excitement of actually seeing it in person took over so we bought it. After I got it home I put all my stuff in it that I normally carry in my Speedy B 25 and the bag felt really heavy. I don't like the looks of it with the shoulder strap and so I started thinking that maybe this bag isn't for me after all. I love the look of it but when I go out I generally like to keep my hands free, and since I would have to carry the bag in my hand or in the crook of my arm, I am concerned that I may not end up using the bag much. I would hate to have spent over $3500 on a bag that is just sitting on a shelf so I started thinking of getting the Speedy B 25 in Rose Poudre Empreinte. I love my Speedy B because it is so versatile in the way it can be carried and it suits my lifestyle pretty well. So I went to my local store yesterday but they didn't have the Speedy B 25 in Rose Poudre, even though their computer inventory said they had one of them in stock. While I was there I tried out the Girolata in Magnolia Mahina and I thought it was beautiful and versatile as well. So now I need to decide whether I should keep the Lockit or exchange it for either the Speedy or the Girolata. I'd really love to have a pink LV bag but I just don't know what to do.

One more thing: I live in Chicago and maybe I'm being too optimistic about how much time I can really wear a pink bag here. We will be moving to Florida after our kids graduate from high school next year and I am thinking I can wear pink year round there. I am overthinking this? Your input is appreciated, so thank you!

katieny

O.G.
Jun 15, 2010
Texas
I think you can wear pink almost all year in Florida. I would in Texas. I think you are correct in thinking that $3,500 is a lot to spend on something you might not wear. If you like hand's free than maybe it isn't the bag for you.

Reactions: foxylock and snibor

Nivahra

Aug 6, 2012
Germany, Oldenburg
It sounds like the Lockme is not for you. After your first sentences I thought, maybe this special Speedy in Empreinte is the bag you should choose and then you mentioned it. The Girolata in Magnolia is also very pretty. The Lockme is beautiful, but weight could be a big issue!
I live in a rainy place and I wear my pink bags year round!! GLD

Reactions: j19 and foxylock

tresorchic

O.G.
Feb 15, 2007
Chicago
I live in Chicago area and wear pink all year long. Pink is quite neutral to me unlike yellow or orange. Also check the Northbrook store because I thought I saw one pink speedy there.

Reactions: foxylock

skmcpher

Feb 11, 2013
In case anyone is still reading this thread, I just wanted to update and say that I ended up exchanging the Soft Lockit for the Birolata in Magnolia Mahina, and I absolutely love this bag! I tried on the Rose Poudre Speedy and I just wasn't that crazy about it; plus I already have a Monogram Speedy B 25 and a Noir Empreinte Speedy 20, so I thought another Speedy would be too much of a good thing. I just loved the different ways I can use and carry the Girolata, so she is mine. I can't seem to upload a photo, unfortunately, but I am so happy with my beautiful new lVoe.

Last edited: