Your honest opinions, please!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
    I've been on a bit of a ban lately, but there's a Michael Kors purse I've been coveting and I pulled the trigger on it yesterday. It's python (which may squick me out, because I do love animals) and a beautiful one at that. The colors are great; I could totally see this bag looking super-chic with jeans & a crisp white shirt. The price is really good for python; it's about $600 less than others I've seen. It's also large, which may be it's downfall (I believe it's 16 x 17 x 4"), but then again, I'm 5'11", so I can pull off a larger bag. I think it's really good looking but would love your honest feedback; no harm, no foul, if you don't like it.
    http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod99120142&ecid=NMCIGoogleBaseFeed&003=5840816&010=V0F0E&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=V0F0Ehttp://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod99120142&ecid=NMCIGoogleBaseFeed&003=5840816&010=V0F0E&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=V0F0E

2. I like it a lot!!!!!!

3. I think the simple design highlights the gorgeous snakeskin. I really like it a lot. I'm a sucker for braided handles. :smile:

4. it's pretty cool...

I don't like totes much though, so that part of it I don't like.

Do you loove it?

5. Gratefull, I ordered it online at NM and it just shipped today. I'm very excited to see it in person!

6. I see. Yeah, I figured you just ordered it from what you said in your post.

I know you haven't seen it yet, I just wondered, do you loooove it from the pic so far. ?

7. This is a gorgeous bag - the skin is very beautiful. Enjoy it:smile:

8. i personally don't like it myself since i'm very picky about skin purses, but i can see it looking great with the outfits you said!

9. not my style, and I could never wear snake skin, that creeps me out.

Anyway, I would suggest you wait until you see it in person, and if it does not wow you instantly, return it. Forget the good price and practical side. You must love it, or else it is a lost case.

10. Not my style, but it seems like a fairly functional tote. I hope it works out for you:smile:

11. #11 Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
    I imagine it's imitation python, so I wouldn't worry about the skin issue. I might be wrong though. I like braided handles too. The one Michael Kors bag that I know of that is real python is the python satchel. It is $2,500.00. The ones in the $600 range are "python-embossed," which is different. It's not a real python skin.

12. Cool bag, huge congratulations to you mk.

It maybe real python just because it's a very simple style. OP you should find out whether it's real or not in case you want to travel with it. Most countries and states require a CITES certificate if it is real python.

13. I think the round braided handles would hurt my shoulder so I would not choose it.

14. I've never seen a real python skin bag under $2,000. Python embossed means that it's a leather bag embossed with python, not an actual full python skin. It's kind of a tricky way of getting around it and making it seem as if it's the real python skin. Probably better that way. It's much more durable.

15. Attached Files:

• mmk.jpg
      mmk.jpg
      File size:
      45.5 KB
      Views: