Your Holy Grail Foundation

We women have it so hard! Men don't have to match their foundations. Pfft. I didn't feel that MUFE 125 was beige at all which was weird. It almost took on an orangy yellow cast for me. 120 so far works best. Temptalia says she's NC30 and wears MUFE 140 but that was waaaaay dark on me. I guess it's all about undertones. :shrugs: What a pain in the RUMP!

Lol it totally is!! It makes me confused cause I want to be vain and pick the lightest color..but according to the descriptions 125 is lighter than some of the lower numbers!

I'm still looking for my HG also, but right now I'm using NARS Sheer Matte. It was lollipop26's rec that made me want to try it! I have oily skin, basically normal/oily with oily tzone. I love the coverage and how comfortable it feels, but I'm not sure this is the one for me.
When I blot, it does come off on the tissue - this isn't supposed to happen, right? I've also been trying different primers but they don't seem to help. Does this mean this foundation isn't doing its job? I'm new to foundations :sad:

Hmm..I'm not sure - I tried the Nars and it didn't blot when I tried tissue on it! I had it on with the Nars primer that seems nice.

I believe I'm the NC20 in MAC, but it looks like I have a mask on when they put it on me! I've been matched with MUFE in 118, 120, and 125!

I'm a NW20 and Sephora matched me with 118 in the HD MUFE. I think it matches pretty closely but need to try another sample.

Right now my HG is MAC Studio Fix Fluid, but I'm still searching for something better. Some days it looks flawless, others too oily or too flakey - but that's probably just my skin :P

Last edited:
I'm a NW20 and Sephora matched me with 118 in the HD MUFE. I think it matches pretty closely but need to try another sample.

Right now my HG is MAC Studio Fix Fluid, but I'm still searching for something better. Some days it looks flawless, others too oily or too flakey - but that's probably just my skin :P

I like the price of the Studio fix but it just hates my skin! I had 3 pimples within a few days of wearing it. I'm loving the MUFE and the Revlon Colorstay!

Clarins hydra-care tinted moisturiser is pretty good I've found, although I do still wear moisturiser underneath, but it gives a really nice sheer-to-medium coverage which gives a lovely enhanced 'natural' look.

MUFE uses minimal to no SPF in their products because apparently the spf changes the consistency of the foundation. the higher the spf content in your foundation, the greasier it will be.

I like MUFE Face & Body Foundation(though it's more of a dewy look but you can build coverage) or Bare Minerals.

That's really interesting! You would think you are protecting yourself if you look for spf, but not if you're oily -- like me!

One that I tried recently with surprising results. Wet and Wild tinted Moisturiser. OMG! Perfect coverage, staying power and doesn't settle into my lines. All this for less than $4.00 per tube

Tried it as a whim and was thrilled with the results. I had used MAC, Laura Mercier and Armani foundations before the W&W.

A fellow tPF'er friend of mine swears by Trish McEvoy treatment foundation. I haven't tried it myself but my friend's skin looks amazing and not overly made up! Foundation is $75 a bottle, however...

I also picked up some Cover Girl TruBlend liquid foundation in a BOGO half off at the drugstore and it REALLY is nice too. And about $10!

Make Up Forever HD is a great foundation! I have fair skin, and I was able to find a perfect match. I think I'm in love!!! Looks like I have no make-up on, and it lasts all day.

No SPF, but I purchased the primer which is SPF 50....so that works for me.