Your Holy Grail Foundation

I use Smashbox Tinted Moisturizer along with their Halo powder.

I was really apprehensive at first because of the fact it was a tinted moisturizer, not a foundation-so I asked for something with more pigment and...I couldn't see much of a difference.

I like it because it doesn't "clump" throughout the day since it isn't the same consistency as a normal foundation-and combined with the Halo powder it gives me good coverage (I notice that about an hour or so after I apply it seems more "even" and more covered than when I first apply). I do use normal foundation for under my eyes and to cover any blemishes though, since the tinted moisturizer won't do that.

Bonus is that is has SPF 15 in it!

I really love Philosophy Mineral powder foundation called: "The Supernatural" Airbrush foundation... it goes on sheer and adds this Airbrush feel to the skin... almost luminous without the Shiney look that Bare Escentuals has.

You could also try Bobbie Brown or Makeup Forever with the MUFA High Definition "silica" powder... that also gives a luminous look without shiney - ness. :biggrin:

I recently switched from Lancome's tinted moisturizer and photogenic powder to Bare Escentuals Matte (no shine at all). I like the one step instead of tinted moisturizer + powder, much faster and you can control the coverage.

Ideally, try to find a foundation that has SPF in it! I LOVE Makeup For Ever High Def, but the one downfall is no SPF. I try to use a moisturizer and primer with spf underneath.

A good drugstore brand? Revlon ColorStay. Even if you don't normally wear drugstore foundation, this one is worth checking out. Very impressive, and $12!

My dermatologist told me that the SPF factor in makeup is a hoax, the amount of makeup you would have to use to get the SPF would look like batter on your face! You should be using a separate, dedicated SPF lotion.

I second the Bobbi Brown suggestion, their Skin Foundation is light to medium coverage, I personally love the Moisture Rich Foundation, but it may be too heavy for her, they also have two other formulas. It is yellow based and doesn't change colour in the light. They will also match you colour wise and then give you samples of the colour that is right for you. Their small sample package lasted me 4 - 5 days! I just dumped it into a small travel container.

Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer...my skin's on the oily side and I have hyperpigmentation issues, so I need something with SPF. This is perfect for everyday wear, since I don't like heavy coverage at all.

When I want more coverage for nighttime, I use MAC Studio Fix. :heart:

I like Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer for light coverage and Silk Creme for medium-full coverage. The only thing I dislike about the brand is that the color selection isn't that great so the shades I do have aren't a perfect match for me.

I tried MUFE HD foundation and was pleased with the coverage and staying power, but I broke out after two days. I'm not sure if it was because of the foundation or because of the new Boscia products I've been using. I think I'll try it again later, but for now I returned it to Sephora because the sa sold me the wrong shade anyway.

Now I'm using NARS oil free foundation and I must say that I'm pleasently surprised. The SA gave me a sample to use before I bought it just to make sure I don't break out and so far so good. It matches me better than LM and I don't get oily at all throughout the day. (I have combo skin with an oily t-zone. I did use a primer first so it help keep the grossness away too.)

Whatever you choose I highly recommend asking for a sample first to make sure it's the right shade and it doesn't break you out. Good luck!

Foundation to me is like a perfume, it is kinda hard to choose one without trying it first. I agree with the post before, highly recomend you going to get samples. Go to sephora or any of the counters you are interested on.
I love foundations, and have plenety :smile: On my favorites that are medium coverage i will have to say Make up forever high definition, shu uemura, giorgio armani long lasting and MAC face and body foundation.
Good luck!

Swanky Mama of Three -- Thanks for moving the post to the right forum. Ooops...didn't realize I posted in the wrong spot! >_<

I've heard a lot of great things about Bobbi Brown foundation, but don't know why I still haven't gotten around to really trying it! A couple of my girlfriends use Laura Mercier and Armani. They like it, but not in completely in love with it so they weren't exactly recommending them to me.

But that's a great idea to go around the counters and test them out and get samples. I usually go to the counters and they try the foundation on me. And I almost always end up buying it. And before you know it, I have bottle of foundation that I am trying to use up. I feel bad for just tossing it out or abandoning it completely since I did spend money on it. I'm actually going shopping (again) this weekend, but this weekend is for foundation. Last weekend was jean shopping...hehe. So I'll let you guys know what happens! But thanks for all the advice. I'm actually gonna go to all the counters and see what they've got.

I have combination skin and have been using Paul & Joe light cream foundation for a few months. It is non-greasy and has good staying power. I love how it perfects the skin without making me look "made up."

MUFE uses minimal to no SPF in their products because apparently the spf changes the consistency of the foundation. the higher the spf content in your foundation, the greasier it will be.

I like MUFE Face & Body Foundation(though it's more of a dewy look but you can build coverage) or Bare Minerals.