Your hobbies?

I Like...
My Dog, I rescued him from a shelter and he has brought me more happiness then I could have ever imagined.
Skiing, I live in upstate NY, we get a LOT of snow
Jet Skiing, boating, and sailing in the summer, my parents have a second house on one of the lakes in NY, it's so beautiful.
Spending time with my boyfriend, we're in a long distance relationship right now, so any time with him is treasured.
Fashion magazines
watching old episodes of sex and the city

• Love animal studies
  • Love music (also play the accordion!)
  • Love to draw/paint
  • Love to read (belong to a book club that gathers once a month)
  • BASEBALL!
  • Love doing stand-up on open mike nights but haven't done so in a while because I have to get up too dang early in the morning for my real job
  • tennis

Vlad said:
Aside from obsessing over handbags, what are your hobbies?

Personally, I like to learn, expand my intellectual horizon, I scour the web like a freakin' bot at times. I enjoy watching TV shows (especially 24, CSI, CSI:NY, Family Guy) as well as movies (only the English originals, the dubbed German versions give me rashes), and I love mountain biking. Mountain biking rather tends to be an obsessions of my own, I blew almost $3k on a Cannondale 1.5 years ago, and I plan on buying a new one this year sometime. :lol:

I understand the bike thing, Vlad! What kind are you planning to get next? I have a track bike, (custom) a Marinoni (Italian framebuilder) custom road bike and a very nice GT mountain bike. You don't want to know what those bikes are worth in total! Yes, cycling was "IT" for me for a long time! I competed on the track for awhile, and taught mountain biking seminars. It still makes me excited to think about it!

NOW, I don't ride as much--I have three large dogs to run with, and it's a lot of fun! I also read a lot, make jewellery (gold and silver) and edit novels from time to time. And I hunt for purses!!!

I read a lot (classics such as Jane Austen) & Colin Dexter (Inspector Morse mysteries)

I knit. I like knitting socks because they are pretty mindless & you can buy cute self-striping yarns.

Listening to music. I have 5 versions of Brandenburg Concertos on CD. I listen to a lot of new music too, Zero 7, Depeche Mode (I see someone here has seen them 5 times! I've seen them 3 & they were great!) Portishead.

TV. House, Monk, Gilmore Girls, BBCAmerica detective shows like Night Detective, Remus..

I like to shop but because of where I currently live, most of it is done online.

I clean, exercise & talk a lot too! :smile:

http://lovelyvanities.typepad.com/my_pretty/

Vlad said:
Aside from obsessing over handbags, what are your hobbies?

Personally, I like to learn, expand my intellectual horizon, I scour the web like a freakin' bot at times. I enjoy watching TV shows (especially 24, CSI, CSI:NY, Family Guy) as well as movies (only the English originals, the dubbed German versions give me rashes), and I love mountain biking. Mountain biking rather tends to be an obsessions of my own, I blew almost $3k on a Cannondale 1.5 years ago, and I plan on buying a new one this year sometime. :lol:

My ex got me into 24, and I've been obsessed ever since. What do you think of this season so far? Honestly, I'm not feeling it right now! WHEN are they going to include Tony?

If television shows count, I also watch LOST, and Law and Order: CI as often as possible. My other hobbies include, exercise, drawing/painting, running ( finally starting up again!), reading (when I have time to do it for fun) and partying. :-P

I used to horseback ride while I was in high school, but I haven't had time/money for that hobby lately- still I miss it terribly and I'll probably brush up on it, and start taking lessons when I graduate and have a real person job. :smile:

Dog grooming...I only do it for friends now

Doll collecting.. I have a room full of Annette Himstedt vinyl artist dolls that cost as much as a new LV

Shooping and eating

Lorri

I have a ton of hobbies. I like sleeping hehe, reading, writting, watching movies, looking for really old books and movies, antiquing, knitting, collecting dolls, and mythology (I love finding new myths and new stories from other religions).

Reading a good book, watching ESPN especially during football season, shop online, be on this forum for hours at a time, watch movies, hang out with my bf and friends and read the tabloids.

hobbies:
reading - havent done much lately, but winter is coming up so i'll be able to catch up on some books!
listening to music
going for walks with friends
going to coffee with friends
shopping for jeans with friends
hanging out with the bf
looking after Vuitton - my little turtle
talking on the phone
watching lots of tv, esp: csi (las vegas), LOST, the OC
surfing the net for random things
collecting potatoes

:nuts: