Your high school memories/stories

I like your story :tup: And did you and your crush get anywhere afterwards? Or did he ask you out... anything? :graucho:

And I love your advice!! That is exactly what I did through high school and I just recently graduated, woo hoo. And my best memory has to be when I got onto Homecoming Court as one of the 5 princesses and well, alot of popular girls TALKED ALOT OF TRASH about me and WERE SO JEALOUS. That was sort of my point to run for it actually, I mean, I knew I wasn't going to win, but I really wanted to represent the OUTSIDERS :tup:
Nope. We never really got together. We flirted with each other a lot freshman and sophomore year. Junior year I started dating a guy that went to a different school.

grade 9 was probably the funnest year for me in high school, we used to have assemblies like every month, maybe even more, and they were always so hilarious! i had a really fun class too! grade 11 was another fun year too, alot of good memories, most of them completely random, like one of my friends who asked the supply teacher if he was a jedi cause he looked like hayden christensen, but skinnier:P prom and prom party were really fun too, i thought prom was going to be crap, but i got a date, he asked me like two weeks before prom, so that was a good thing! prom party i got a little bit drunk, understatement, and threw up, alot, buts thats cause i didn't eat anything that day, so i could fit into my prom dress. high school was fun, for the most part, you'll probably have to deal with "those" people who think they're better than everyone else, when they definately aren't, and its quite a change from high school, but its fun and it goes buy quick! its hard to believe i won't be going back next year! (going to university)
some of my biggest tips would be:
shower, no joke, there was a group of people in my school and they all gathered in a hallway, and everyone would try to avoid it cause of the smell, that and they liked to throw paper balls at each other (i'm not saying this to be mean either, i'm not gonna lie, i made fun of them too, and i was one of the nicer people at high school)
also, don't procratinate too much, i was bad for doing this, i'd no papers the night before. sometimes i would stress myself out so much knowing all the projects i had to do, that i'd make myself sick
thats all i can think of, have fun next year, and good luck!

I thought of one more memory today that made me :lol:

I remember when I was a freshman I was totally :love: with this guy in my math class. A guy who happened to be a senior. I don't know why it didn't strike me as odd that we were three years apart in school and in the same math class. I think back on that now and laugh. I guess it didn't dawn on me until later that he was as dumb as a board and that's why we were in the same class. At that point in time it didn't matter because he was a hot football player :lol:

That was one of my favorite things about high school - all the little crushes you develop that make you feel great, even if they end up being unrequited.

Hmmmm - a very long time ago. But in the 9th grade I wore braces and had to wear those funny little rubber bands. Anyway, my Spanish teacher was very well endowed and myself and a friend in the same predicament used to use our tongues to shoot them at her boobs. Never did get caught, I guess with all that padding she couldn't feel them!! Too many other stories that would be a BAD influence!

Hmmmm - a very long time ago. But in the 9th grade I wore braces and had to wear those funny little rubber bands. Anyway, my Spanish teacher was very well endowed and myself and a friend in the same predicament used to use our tongues to shoot them at her boobs. Never did get caught, I guess with all that padding she couldn't feel them!! Too many other stories that would be a BAD influence!

LMAO!!! I got my braces off in 7th grade (thank God) but I remember swallowing those all the time. :roflmfao:

Wow, here's a deep one from my senior year:

As I posted earlier, I was very heavily involved in classical and vocal jazz choirs...lots of touring, performing and competitions around the area. Not your typical "choir geek" crowd...a lot of the guys were also the football jocks, too! And this was a pretty big school of 1200! The choral groups were almost like being part of sports teams...you spent a lot of time together practicing and being together outside of regular school hours, so there was a lot of good bonding going on.

Anyway, our choir director struggled for many years with manic depression. He was very open about it always and really kept pretty stable for the most part. However, one night he was too ill to conduct a concert...and he asked ME to take his place at the last minute. OMG! Well, I was already a leader in the choir and had learned a little about choral conducting techniques from him through some informal workshops he had conducted, but I never thought I'd be called upon to do this at a school concert with families attending, the whole works.

But you know what? I just stepped up and DID IT, annoucing the selections we were performing, taking a bow for the group, the whole works. It was my first experience in having to step in and lead during unexpected times of trouble, and I remember it so vividly today almost 25 years later...the teamwork, respect I received from my fellow students who gave it their all...the excellent performance, the standing ovations. Wow. I was humbled.

And...a brief note about that incredible choir director: he passed away in 1999 just shy of his 60th birthday. 300 of his former choral students attended his memorial service. That doesn't include everyone else who attended. That's how profound an influence he was!!

PG, that's a great story. thanks for sharing. :heart: you! :smile:

Did anyone else have to take a foreign language as well?
I was going to take French, I am switched to pre AP spanish now. Just think it's a lot more useful.

Hey frosty, here's another one (wow, thanks for starting this thread! Hope this isn't too old school for y'all).

I took a foreign language...Russian! We had a native speaker on the faculty (she moved to the States when she was a young girl, tons of incredible slide show pics she had!). We not only learned the language all 3 years of HS, but she would teach us how to cook piroshki, we did the ukranian egg dyeing with the wax layers, and so much more to teach us about the culture as well.

The coolest thing of all was that every 3 years she and her DH would take her students on a tour of what is now the former USSR and Eastern Europe (parents/students paid, of course). This was brilliant timing: one of her tours was following my senior year graduation (ahem, 1985!). That was the ultimate graduation present...5 weeks in eastern europe (yes, I went through checkpoint charlie at the berlin wall and all that), and places in the more European parts of the USSR as well as Tashkent, Samarkand...more in the mid eastern realm. It was the trip of a lifetime for sure, and one I will cherish forever, especially with all that's changed in the last 20+ years.

Whew, sorry that was long!