Your high school memories/stories

i remember senior year, there was a pep rally(that i didnt have to be there for, but some of my friends did since they were jrs..), and we were across the street from the school leaving, when a teacher made us come back :rolleyes: we had to sit in the office til it was over, it was the lamest thing ever... they said now since you tried to leave you have to stay in here instead of enjoying everything outside.. haha they were having this lame float thing, and none of them were interesting, oh boy hated missing that and being outside in the hot sun :rolleyes: they did give us a bottle of water haha

ohhhhhhhhhh i remember being on our way to school, and this huggggggggggge wasp landed on a empty seat next to this girl and she just starts screaming.. this punk of guy is like what? what? she told him, he saw, screamed and ran to the front of the bus hahaha somebody else killed it and flung it to the last row of seats, this guy refused to sit back there til that bug was gone, which was a few days.. it was hilarious, though that wasp was huge, i swear it was like something i would see in a movie... :roflmfao:

Last edited:
I was a hardcore nerd, and so lame! Loved math, always tried to be at the top of the class... heck I'm still lame, but that's okay with me, because I got killer handbags ;) You should really focus on your education. SO important. Of course have fun, but you can balance out the two. And get involved! Whether it be band (lame, but give it a chance!, cheer, color guard (SO not wannabe cheerleaders), clubs, w/e). I didn't focus on my education first two years, and now i regret it!

Some of my best memories...
Making new friends. Don't judge people by appearance, you'd be surprised! I'm friends with people i never thought I'd be with!

i dont know what i was considered in hs?? i talked to everyone... i guess my first 2 years i was in the "popular" group, and then the last 2 years, i just talked to different people.. :shrugs: people did think i was smart though.... but i never had a bf in hs, but one day i was asked if i had one? when i said no, at least 6 people said they thought i just had one at a different school.... idk...

wow this thread really helps me too. i am going to high school soon too and i am pretty nervous but i have forgotten about it now because these stories are making me laugh and are distracting me lol

haha ok i just thought of another one. man this thread brings memories back! junior year i was eating lunch with my friends as usual, when all of a sudden it got REALLY quiet in the cafeteria...and my school was BIG so there were a lot of students in that cafeteria. we all look over and in the middle of the cafeteria there was this guy who was attemping to drink a gallon of milk (for people who don't know, it's humanly impossible to do that in that fast of time). so anyway, he is sitting there chugging the milk and people start literally cheering him on and chanting his name. he started throwing up (gross in know) and then he kept on going! it was ridiculous. people were chanting and staring and crowding around him. then the administrators caught on and confiscated the milk...and the he proceeded to throw up in the trash can more. it was gross, but it was the only experience in my high school years that seemed like a cliched cafeteria movie scene.

Apparently I didn't own a mirror until 2006 because I literally cringe when I see pictures of myself from high school!!! It's really a shame I didn't discover what magic a flat iron could work until after I graduated. In my senior picture, my hair literally did not fit in the picture! ugh. And I don't know why, but for some reason I took all my style tips from my mom, which resulted in me wearing high wasted "mommy jeans" and turtlenecks for some time. AWKWARD!

bomb threats. lol. yeah, we had them all the time! they are a great way to get out of a few hours of class. haha

oh, the SWAT team coming to my school and a super hot SWAT team member staying in my class. you may have seen my school on the news. someone had a "gun" so they had to have a lock down. no gun. only hot boys in swat team outfits. hahaha

monkeygirl, hey!! It's so nice to see people my age. Not that I don't love the older ones :smile: There are actually a few high schoolers, some still in junior high here :tup:

lzznit, thanks for your advice. :yes: I definitely will focus on my education :smile: I manage to keep it balanced and have a lot of friends too, LOL. My parents are both doctors, trust me, education is super important. Oh and my mom is Korean, dad is Chinese. So education is stressed even MORE. :smile: I am ready to kill myself with all the AP work, but it will pay off, I KNOW it. My dream school is Stanford and maybe Wharton for business.

lvuittonaddict, LMAO hot SWAT guys eh? I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for some of THOSE! ;)

my last 2 years of school, i went to the "rich" school, though we weren rich...

i still remember when we were turning in our books on our last day of school, and the guy next to me was taking about how they just put all this money into his ferrari, and it got stolen. sorry to say but i thought it was funny... and who would get their 18 year old a ferrari anyways?? thats outrageous.. i dont know if i would trust my 18 year ld with that expensive of a car haha he wasn't one of those mature guys either haha but he was hot! :graucho:

lzznit, thanks for your advice. :yes: I definitely will focus on my education :smile: I manage to keep it balanced and have a lot of friends too, LOL. My parents are both doctors, trust me, education is super important. Oh and my mom is Korean, dad is Chinese. So education is stressed even MORE. :smile: I am ready to kill myself with all the AP work, but it will pay off, I KNOW it. My dream school is Stanford and maybe Wharton for business.

Im sure other ethnicities have certain stresses, but for us asians, it's a well known fact we're forced to hit the books [i'm 1/2 chinese 1/2 portugese]! I'm applying to Stanford, too, let's see how that goes, eh? And AP courses-really not that bad! Not difficult, just a lot of work. I pulled a lot of all-nighters though! Oh, and AP physics--Known as one of the hardest tests, as well as AP biology. Just a heads up!:yes:

^ OMG AP Bio suuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkked.

aww yall are such youngins! younger than my baby sister actually, haha. i remember when my little sister went through this, she was really nervous about high school. i think everything will be ok, unless you move...then its a little harder.

i moved the summer before freshman year and ended up going to a high school where I didnt know anyone! And all of my friends ended up going to another school across town. It sucked hardcore. My social life was never the same after that. but i made some good friends and i had sooo much fun. it all works out in the end.

Yeah I know it will all work out, it's just nerve wracking thinking about who I'm going to be hanging out with next year. Not knowing who your "group" is scares me. But I'll be fine because I make friends easily. Plus I know a ton of upper classmen who have my back! ;) I am super scared for the AP bio exam, crap! Oh and I'm taking Pre AP Chem, but probably not taking AP chem. pre ap chem is going to kill me already, so I don't think I want to endure another year. Plus I need to fit Physics in somewhere, so I will take AP physics in senior year. That's the only way to fit it in.. :shrugs:

lzznit, how old are you? Did you apply to begin undergrad or grad school?