Your Hairstylist has Ruined Your Hair !!!

OMG!!! My hairdresser is a high end one too......she was DISTRACTED when she wrecked mine too.....first day of opening her new salon.....live and learn.........I have to use extra ..ick...hairspray to tame the tiny 1 inch stick-up pieces.......I dont know what to do....I honestly dont know whether I should trust her again...or go to her old salon where there is a pro that can fix hair.....

7 months ago i went to a "high end" hairdresser and he took off 6 inches. literally. it was the most god awful haircut ever. the back of my head looked like stairs because there were 4 distinct levels. i haven't gotten a hair cut since because i am in the process of growing it out. i still have a few more months because my "bangs" still isn't as long as i want it to be.

LVmom said:
Unfortunately,medication can do that. But usually you get asked prior to getting your hair colored if you are on medication,so they can treat the hair with a special process so the color will take right.:huh: I would ask her to please fix it immediately or refer you to someone who can! Or,since it is breaking off,at least ask her to give you some good products that can help the breakage!

I never knew that medication could affect your hair this way if your getting it coloured !! :nuts:

Thank you for posting LV MOM.

Yes,it isn't commonly talked about,but medication can leave a film on your hair which prevents haircolor from taking right. It can also affect you when you get your upper lip or eyebrow waxed. Some skin creams can also make waxing a horrible experience. A stylist should always ask you about medications before doing any service,including facials. But they can forget,so it is always good to just let them know up front.:biggrin:

LVmom said:
Yes,it isn't commonly talked about,but medication can leave a film on your hair which prevents haircolor from taking right. It can also affect you when you get your upper lip or eyebrow waxed. Some skin creams can also make waxing a horrible experience. A stylist should always ask you about medications before doing any service,including facials. But they can forget,so it is always good to just let them know up front.:biggrin:

Wow ! you learn something everyday. I guess a good hairstylist will always ask, (or should ) I carnt imagine the ramifications if something happend to the client, But then the Client I guess could always make it her business to let the Stylist know about her meds like you mentioned.

What about hair Relaxers and meds does the same apply?

Yes,any chemical service can be effected by medication. Actually relaxer services are always fun(interesting) too,because you already have to be careful not to mix different kinds of relaxers,(what you used the last time you relaxed has to be the same kind you use the next time)and then you have to make sure that you haven't combed, brushed, or scratched your head,and on top of that you have to be aware of any medication reacting with it. And you also have to be careful what color you use on top of it.

right after last Thanksgiving, and four days before my acappella group's Winter Concert, i went for a haircut and the stylist trimmed and 'adjusted' my bangs so much they ended up halfway up my forehead, instead of right at my eyebrow where they should have been! i spent a mortified month with my midget bangs pinned back while waiting for and willing them to grow.

i just got a haircut today at another salon, and the stylist knew exactly what she was doing because she'd gone through the midget-bangs phase before too. so now i love my hair again!

I was out of the country and didn't notice til I got home. Now the bag looks worn from the hair chemicals. I'm pretty much out of luck. Darn. :cry:

Attachments

• PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    221.2 KB · Views: 111
That really stinks! I always had to put my LV's way up when I was working-a tiny bit of haircolor just destroys any handbag it gets on,clothes too. Relaxers and perms,too. I recommend to anyone who gets color,perms, or relaxers to bring an old purse if you can, or a patient honey to hold the purse for you. ;) One thing for everyone else,though- if you get anything on your bag like that,hairspray it immediately-sometimes it can keep the stain fresh where it can be removed. I am so sorry to hear about your Tods,though.:sad: