Your FOTD's!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
priiin - I'm finding I have the same problem with the Define-a-Lash mascara. I have really long lashes, they look almost fake when I wear mascara, but this mascara doesn't really do anything for me. Can you recommend a drugstore brand mascara? I'd love to try Chanel Inmitable, but I don't think I can bring myself to spend that much on mascara!

^ Have you tried L'Oreal Voluminous or Max Factor 2000 Calorie? My sister has long thin lashes and they make her look like she's wearing falsies :yes:

I like Maybelline Lash Discovery and Revlon Fabulash better, but my lashes are a little different...

jc2239- Don't like the Maybelline Define-A-Lash either. The brush is a little too flexible..my lashes are long but I don't have much volume, so this brush doesn't do anything for me.

yeah i felt that this mascara does absolutely nothing. my lashes are decently long but i really need help in the volume department. the purpose this mascara serves is to add a coat of black color onto my lashes. i was suckered into buying it because i thought the brush looked similar to my YSL everlong brush (which i adore), but this mascara is pretty much useless.

i'm pretty devoted to my YSL, but i've also been wanting to try chanel's inimitable for awhile. my only issue with the everlong is that it ends up under my eyes after a long day-do you find that the chanel stays put really well?

^ Have you tried L'Oreal Voluminous or Max Factor 2000 Calorie? My sister has long thin lashes and they make her look like she's wearing falsies :yes:

I like Maybelline Lash Discovery and Revlon Fabulash better, but my lashes are a little different...

i was so disappointed after trying define-a-lash (my first drugstore mascara), but i'll have to look into these. a girl can never have too many mascaras (or lipglosses :okay:smile:

^The last line is SO very true :amuse: I have a bunch of lipglosses and mascaras (high end to low end). I usually stick to my YSL Faux Cils (I use this for the violet shade) and Chanel Inimitable in the waterproof formula. HG products!! I buy drugstore mascaras sometimes. I have tried the Voluminous but it was horrible. Very clumpy! I haven't tried the 2000 calorie though.

i was so disappointed after trying define-a-lash (my first drugstore mascara), but i'll have to look into these. a girl can never have too many mascaras (or lipglosses :okay:smile:
I'm just waiting for it to be discontinued, because I'm like the only person in the world who likes it lol.

My lashes aren't super thick, but they're long and I have lots of them. Thickening is good, but I hate clumps and the color HAS to be super dark black or it looks weird. So I'm more concerned with the color, how it feels on the lashes and the applicator than anything else. I like Define-a-Lash's tiny brush, because I can get close to the lashline and it doesn't clump. I'll agree that it doesn't do much for the actual lashes though.

^I think you should use a mascara that plumps up your lashes and immediately use the define a lash over it, to separate and get any missed spots close to the lashline. Think that would work?? :shrugs:

^ It probably would :yes:
I need to buy some more Define-A-Lash. I don't think I have any drugstore mascaras right now :hrmm:

I've been alternating between Palgantond D-cup, Bourjois Volume Glamour, Too Faced Lash Injection and Diorshow. Diorshow looks best, but I hate the formula :shrugs:

I'll post pics of the mascaras so you can see ;)

Ok thanks! You don't need to though. :yes: I want to find a good drugstore mascara that does the job..it helps to save on something! lol I just buy so many products..and most are quite pricey. :Push:

I'm thinking I might go back to good old Maybelline Great Lash in the pink and green tube until I'm willing to fork out the money for the Chanel mascara. I already spend so much money on beauty products and I go through mascara like crazy, that's the one product I use every single day, so I'm scared of the amount of money I would end up spending on mascara alone!

The Great Lash mascara clumped on me and then I just threw it out. I have the clear one right now and I wear it to bed sometimes. It really conditions my lashes..weird huh? :P

^^i'm jumping in....i don't get the great lash raves, either. i threw it out! i used to rave about l'oreal voluminous, but by the end of the day it was under my eyes. i used to use define-a-lash and got tired of putting so many coats on. i cleaned the brush and use it if i get any clumping. now i am using cg lash blast, i like it, but the design of the wand handle is horrible~~it's not easy to hold onto!

btw~ i'm enjoying this thread and getting new ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.