Your first time;) spill the details!

LV mommy

Apr 8, 2014
So .... Do any of you remember your first time you purchased your first LV? First time at the boutique? Your first encounter with a SA??? The thrill, the rush? I think it would be great to hear all the stories considering your first time is always the most memorable;)

I was an overseas master student in Sydney. At that time I was madly in love with Damier Sauvage. I saw a woman carrying it and cannot stop thinking about it. I searched the price, go to the local boutique, just say hi to the SA, told them I want to buy that paticular bag, paid and leave !! I never buy luxurious good before, none of my family wears LV, and LV seems such a luxurious shop !! It was sooo scary !!! And it was funny too because at that time I was so young and carefree, did not think through, how hard to maintain the pony hair. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406957548.467543.jpg

Mine was a bit like dxs. Quick. They were busy and I had never been in before and I was nervous. I got the mono Neverfull MM. I read about it that day in a magazine but they had spelt it Neverfall so that was what I asked for. 😂

My first was when I was 15 or 16, my mom gave me mono wallet as a souvenir from London.
I purchased my very first when I was in college in Ohio (I'm from Japan originally) - bought mono mini mini agenda - the one came with gold pencil, maybe it was around $65. lol
But it was with money my parents gave me...
So my very first purchase with my real job ... In my early 20's when I was working in Ginza area Tokyo, bought regular size mono pochette, it was around 12000 yen ($120 ish) I believe. I went there with my co worker during the lunch break. After that, 4 or 5 of my fellow co-workers went and bought the same pochette!! LOLOL
I just turned 40. I'm sure it was a lovely moment, but it was so long ago and I forgot how it was!
I looked in my closet and counted about 27 LV bags and quit counting slgs after 50 pcs.....gasp!!!

My 1st LV was from ebay. This was back before tpf when we just had mypoupette to get help with authenticity questions. But I was lucky. The item was real. Is was a Vavin PM.

Date code was from 2001 so a couple of years old. I only used it twice and sold it. Decided that I really hated open top bags.

Attachments

• 1406992357685.jpg
    1406992357685.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 1,250
Mine was similar. I was 18 and it was the day after Thanksgiving and I was doing Christmas shopping. I saw the display in the window for the Robert Wilson line. I'd never seen fluorescent bags of that caliber of quality and I'm a sucker for neon pink. The SA was incredibly helpful, showing me the Reade PM and MM, but I left the store.

I debated as it was Christmastime but after finishing my shopping for everyone else, I went back as it wasn't something I'd ask for the holidays. The same SA from before rang up the purchase, boxing the bag in a giant box and shopping bag with the limited edition ribbon. She was amazing from the moment I walked in the first time and made the experience amazing. Here I was, a bright-eyed teenager in jeans, a t-shirt, and flip-flops and she treated me like I was as important as the people who left with a dozen bags.

Oh my goodness, it was so long ago. I have absolutely no memory whatsoever of my first visit or purchase! Guess I'm showing my age a bit...:lol::shame:

My LV first was purchased at the Florence, Italy boutique. I could finally afford a very expensive purse at 25! So I did it! I bought a monogram Cabas Piano MM (I think). I just sold the purse a few months ago. It wasn't getting used and I figure it could be someone else first LV too.

Mine was in 1990 at Short Hills Mall NJ. I wanted a good bag for travel as we were moving to CA going by car. I remember the wonderful smell in there the most :smile: I bought the Monogram Large Randonnee, which is a large sling bag. It was discontinued long ago. I still have it and still love it, even though I don't use it much. I will never get rid of it.

My very first trip to the LV boutique was in the holt Renfrew here in Canada:smile: it was just this past march after much research/stalking on the speedy b in de print. I turned 40 this year and was given gift cards to holt Renfrew.... After I found out I could use it towards a lv purchase I was ecstatic!!! The SA was perfect and didn't rush me at all. I left the 3 kids at home with the hubby as he told me to just pull the trigger and get the bag;) guess he was tired of hearing all about it! And now I'm hooked and still can't believe I have one of these iconic bags:smile:

My very first trip to the LV boutique was in the holt Renfrew here in Canada:smile: it was just this past march after much research/stalking on the speedy b in de print. I turned 40 this year and was given gift cards to holt Renfrew.... After I found out I could use it towards a lv purchase I was ecstatic!!! The SA was perfect and didn't rush me at all. I left the 3 kids at home with the hubby as he told me to just pull the trigger and get the bag;) guess he was tired of hearing all about it! And now I'm hooked and still can't believe I have one of these iconic bags:smile:
That sounds like a wonderful birthday treat! I believe the entire experience is part of buying a luxury item and am glad it was a great one for you.

My first LV purchase was a spur of the moment purchase from Ebay about 4.5 years ago. I saw it and thought it was cute so I bought it. It was a denim Pleaty that I soon discovered was too small to be practical. My first boutique purchase was my anniversary last July when my DH bought me a Mono Map bandeau. It was so nice buying something brand new at the boutique as all my bags had been preloved.

I was an overseas master student in Sydney. At that time I was madly in love with Damier Sauvage. I saw a woman carrying it and cannot stop thinking about it. I searched the price, go to the local boutique, just say hi to the SA, told them I want to buy that paticular bag, paid and leave !! I never buy luxurious good before, none of my family wears LV, and LV seems such a luxurious shop !! It was sooo scary !!! And it was funny too because at that time I was so young and carefree, did not think through, how hard to maintain the pony hair. View attachment 2705427
I remember that line. Those are gorgeous. May seem impractical to others, but if it's what makes your heart sing, I think it's worth it.

Two and a half years ago my husband surprised me with my first LV just before Christmas. When I got home from work the brown bag sat on top of the table with those words on the front Louis Vuitton Paris. I thought I was seeing things really. I have always wanted a Louis Vuitton but could never bring myself to buy one. He said he was tired of hearing about it so decided he'd buy it himself. Oh my gosh I took the box out of the bag with an orange ribbon tied around it and to me it was just breathe taking and I had not even seen the bag yet! I pulled out the Portobello PM which to me was just gorgeous with its shiny hardware. My husband said he chose that one because of the hardware and also because the SA told him the Damier Ebene was the original LV print. Receiving that LV made my heart sing like never before.

Be Blessed MoNikki