Your first time;) spill the details!

On a vacation in Milano I saw so many ladies and gents wearing different LV bags, I never had seen before. I went into the luxury shopping mall with a LV departement and there she was - the Tivoli PM.

It was love at fist sight, but I was too shy to try or ask for the price. Back home I dreamed one year about this bag, informed myself about LV and finally decided to buy this beauty. I was very nervous, but the SA was friendly and showed me some more bags, but it must have been the Tivoli PM. I thought, this would my only LV bag forever, but what shall I tell you, I think you all know what happened ;) The next purchase was an Emilie wallet, then a NF MM DE for everyday use and so on.... My collection is quite big now, but I will never forget this first experience. I still adore my Tivoli PM, although I don't use her often.

My first bag was a gift (speedy 30), but my first purchase on my own was just recently! Studying abroad in France, and I decided I wanted to buy a bag. When in France right?? I was so nervous going into the store because I thought for sure the staff would be unhelpful and rude and condescending. I couldn't have been more wrong! I walked in and was immediately greeted by the sweetest SA. She was so helpful and totally honest about which size neverfull looked best and functioned best. She was so friendly. I couldn't believe it!! Great first experience buying on my own, and it was a wonderful end to my trip :smile: Thought for sure I'd be getting a GM neverfull but ended up with a DE Neverfull MM and I LOVE HER!!

Just got my first lv bag earlier this month! I had been wanting an lv bag for a long time but could never justify spending $1000+++ on a purse. So for my 30th birthday, I decided it was time for me to take the plunge and get one :smile:. I did lots of reading on purse forum (thanks everyone!) and had tentatively decided on either neverfull mm DE or tivoli pm or Verona mm. Hubby and I went to an lv store and spent an hour there. Our SA was fantastic! I tried on the tivoli and didn't really like it on me even though it was a beautiful bag. They didn't have the Verona mm unfortunately. And hubby didn't like the neverfull because it didn't seem worth it for the cost (I still luv it... Might end up being my 2nd lv bag haha).

And then our SA brought out other bags she thought I would like and I fell in luv with the totally pm in DE!! The DE totally isn't on the Canadian lv website so I didn't even consider it originally. I'm glad our SA showed it to me because it was perfect! It's simple and comfortable and I luv how there's a little bit of red lining peeking out of the side pockets! Hubby got it for me as my bday present :smile: :smile:.

Yes, it was amazing. I was only 18 and they were having some sort of holiday/christmas party, caterers and servers, were walking around, I had a glass of champagne in my hand at all times, not to mention the amazing peppermint shnapps and the delicious truffles they were serving too. I couldnt for the life of me remember what the event was for, or if it's something they do a lot, but it was in dec 2007.

My first LV was in 2001. I was 20 years old and I had my heart set on the Packall cabin-size bag. However my SA (who still works there!) strongly recommended the DE Greenwich GM travel bag (now discontinued). What an amazing bag! I used it for years and loved it sooo much. I gave it to my mom once I bought the amazing Pegase Monogramouflage!

I got my first LV when I was 20. When I decided that it was time to purchase my first LV item, I already knew what I was planning on getting and that was the mono Speedy 30. I did some research on the bag styles and found that the Speedy was probably one of the most versatile bags and it was within the price range I was looking to spend at the time.

I went to the Vancouver Holt Renfrew LV and tried on a few of the Speedies. My interaction with the SA wasn't particularly thrilling because they had a new SA training and she was really uncertain how to ring me in and what to do and was getting help from an older, more experienced SA. She typed in my name wrong as well because it took them forever to find me in the database when I bought my next bag.

If in Vancouver, I would highly recommend going to the LV store in Hotel Vancouver because they have amazing service there and you get a total VIP treatment vs. the Holts LV which is like buying from any other store (which it shouldn't be in a high end boutique!).

I have really enjoyed hearing everyone's stories - thanks for sharing!

I received my very first LV for my 50th birthday recently. It was a gift from my hubby that I will treasure forever. He got me the Totally MM in DE. I've become completely smitten/obsessed with LV since! We are leaving on a cruise in a few days and I'm already planning my purchase from the LV in St. Thomas!

I have really enjoyed hearing everyone's stories - thanks for sharing!

I received my very first LV for my 50th birthday recently. It was a gift from my hubby that I will treasure forever. He got me the Totally MM in DE. I've become completely smitten/obsessed with LV since! We are leaving on a cruise in a few days and I'm already planning my purchase from the LV in St. Thomas!

I bet that purse will always hold a special place in your heart:smile: hope you post a reveal of your st Tomas lv!!

I thought I bought my first LV on the bay, it was an MC Milla. Only later when I bought my first LV in a store, a mono pochette I noticed that the Milla was fake...

So mine was a mono pochette (the regular one) and I got it when I was 19 with money I received for my bday. I still went to school and I remember that I was very nervous. The SA was in a hurry and I walked in and out in about 5 minutes...
It's the same pochette that you can see in my profile pic btw

My first time was in St.Petersburg, Russia. I had just graduated university, and was visiting my parents there. My dad gave me €500 and sent to Louis Vuitton. That day I got the Sarah wallet in de, and to this day it's my favourite wallet. I have been to many lv boutiques after, however, the SAs at the st. Petersburg location have always treated me the best. That was a great experience

My first LV was a French Co. Speedy 30 from my grandma. I saw it (and a few other LV) just sitting at the top of her closet when I was around 15. She let me take the Speedy, a TP 19, and a Fendi makeup pouch and Gucci makeup pouch. I don't use the Speedy or TP anymore, but I do still use the Fendi in my bag. Unfortunately, I wasn't well versed in designer goods at the time, and I didn't take especially good care of my Speedy. It still functions perfectly well and is an amazing collector's piece, but I just don't like to carry it anymore.

When I got the first LV that I purchased for myself, it was in November 2012. I saved and saved for it, and did tons of research. I still wasn't sure which print or size I was going with when I walked into the boutique, but my mom helped me make the decision. The SA really wasn't very helpful (I was in the LV boutique in Bloomingdales), so I'm glad my mom was there. The SA wasn't rude per se, but she just seemed indifferent that she had customers. I tried on the monogram and DE Neverfull, in both the GM and MM size. In the end, I went with the DE MM. Even though I don't think I had a great boutique experience, the thrill of buying my first LV washed away any other feelings.

My second boutique experience was when I bought my 6 key holder, and that was amazing. Everything you would want your experience to be. I live in a different state now, and went to a free-standing store in my mall. The SA was knowledgeable, helpful, and treated me like a valued customer even though I only bought a small SLG. My second time in that store was pretty much awful (I went in to see about a repair), but it was a different SA. Oh well, my experiences have been pretty inconsistent, sometimes I get good service, sometimes poor. I guess it depends on the SA!