Your first designer piece: what was it, how old were you, do you still have it?

What was your first designer piece? A channel bag

What was it? Channel medium flap
How old were you when you got it? 21
Was it a treasured gift or a splurge you saved for? It was a birthday gift
Was it love at first sight? To be honest I didn't understand the value of the bag or how much it cost. I ruined it by cleaning it with water...and even though I later took it in to get it cleaned and restored, it just never was back to normal. For sentimental reasons, I still have it after 22 years......

Was it love at first sight? To be honest I didn't understand the value of the bag or how much it cost. I ruined it by cleaning it with water...and even though I later took it in to get it cleaned and restored, it just never was back to normal. For sentimental reasons, I still have it after 22 years......

OMG

What was your first designer piece? Cartier watch

What was it? Santos Galbee automatic

How old were you when you got it? 34

Was it a treasured gift or a splurge you saved for? Xmas gift

Was it love at first sight? Yes.

What was your first designer piece? Unsure of which came first, so I am going with my first big love designer piece.

What was it? Marc Jacobs Blake bag in patent sky blue
How old were you when you got it? Early 30's
Was it a treasured gift or a splurge you saved for? Splurge
Was it love at first sight? 100% love at first sight, it was amazing.

What was your first designer piece?

What was it?
How old were you when you got it?
Was it a treasured gift or a splurge you saved for?
Was it love at first sight?

I'm in my teens and have yet to own a stunning designer anything. A pair of vintage Prada's and a coach bag from the 90's, sure, but nothing compared to the Chanel bag of my dreams (Reissue 2.55!) or the Louboutin's I'm thinking about saving up for (Lady Peep, in nude or black). Anywho, tell my your stories! :smile:
I was about 18... So more than 30 years ago. :smile:

A black Pierre Cardin shoulder bag .. (Don't laugh.. PC was BIG in the 80's) :smile:

Was a splurge, for sure

Carried it til it died.. No longer have

My first designer thing was a Louis Vuitton handbag I bought myself on a trip to Paris. I was 25 at the time. I still have it. I don't wear it much anymore, but I wore it for an entire year when I first got it and now I change my bags as I change my outfits. I have many designer bags now as well as jewerly, shoes etc. I think after the first one, you continually search for that next thing that will give you that same special feeling the first one gave you. I have yet to have that feeling again.

I can't remember but I'm pretty sure it was probably either one of my vintage $20 Coach bags that I bought off etsy, my Betsey Johnson purse that I found at Winners on Clearance $49.99 after the holiday's, or it was my $5 pair of Vince shorts from the consignment store where I used to live.

My parents wouldn't know designer, and definitely wouldn't have paid the money for new designer items for my sister and I. Plus I was from a small town and lived in the middle of no where on a side road. The only "designer" you saw was fake signature Coach and Chanel bags on high school girls. Very rarely did you actually see someone with an authentic purse so I wasn't too interested anyway. I wasn't exactly in an area that even sold designer goods except for one consignment store where they got their consigned items from people they knew in Toronto. I used to get some great deals when things in my size came in because I am so tiny. That's how I scored the $5 shorts. They sat at the store for months because no one was small enough to fit into them! I miss that store because the ladies that worked there were fantastic and would always let me know when they had Betsey Johnson items in.

Vince is such an good brand, I bet those shorts are perfect. :smile:

An RM MAB in grey from Bloomingdale's. I was working my first job out of college and wanted to start buying nicer things for myself with my own money. I guess I was about 23 or so at the time. I saw the bag and it felt like time stopped and all I could see was that bag! My first big purchase and it began my love affair with designer bags. Never turned back! I still have it 5-6 years later and use it frequently!

That's seriously the perfect love story with a bag!

Such a perfect gift! I'm sorry it got ruined :/ I once got yellow highlighter all over a bag I spent months saving up for. Ugh.

What was your first designer piece? Unsure of which came first, so I am going with my first big love designer piece.

What was it? Marc Jacobs Blake bag in patent sky blue
How old were you when you got it? Early 30's
Was it a treasured gift or a splurge you saved for? Splurge
Was it love at first sight? 100% love at first sight, it was amazing.

I previous posted got the same thing! And I can understand why, it's perfect :biggrin:

My first designer thing was a Louis Vuitton handbag I bought myself on a trip to Paris. I was 25 at the time. I still have it. I don't wear it much anymore, but I wore it for an entire year when I first got it and now I change my bags as I change my outfits. I have many designer bags now as well as jewerly, shoes etc. I think after the first one, you continually search for that next thing that will give you that same special feeling the first one gave you. I have yet to have that feeling again.

Paris & Louis Vuitton go hand it hand. I do think that that first special feeling will be hard to come across again, since the feeling was so perfect the first time! Maybe to get that feeling again, you should plan a trip to Paris, or any gorgeous location, with the intent to buy something you've been saving up for. Or bring someone along with you so the both of you can experience something great.

I wish you the best of luck in finding that feeling again. :smile:

What was it? Michael Kors Hamilton Tote in Aubergine
How old were you when you got it? 25
Was it a treasured gift or a splurge you saved for? I used some of the money I received for my 25th birthday to buy it. It started my purse obsession and many purse purchases followed!
Was it love at first sight? Yes!

What was it? Prada gauffre small tote with cross body strap in blue
How old were you when you got it? 24
Was it a treasured gift or a splurge you saved for? Bought it for myself after graduating from law school with money I didn't quite have yet (wouldn't start work for another two months) but heard for the great sale in Hawaii from the ladies in the Prada subforum.
Was it love at first sight? Yes but not terribly practical. I'll periodically paw at it but have only worn it three times.