Your first designer piece: what was it, how old were you, do you still have it?

Don't know if this counts, but I bought a silk Oscar de la Renta tank top about 15 years ago. It was at Winners, which is a Canadian version of Marshalls/TJ Max. I knew Oscar de la Renta from Fashion Television, and I knew he had runway shows with supermodels, so I was very excited to buy the tank top! Felt all fancy. It was too big, and I never wore it, but it hung in my closet for years so I could look at it. I think I ended up giving it to my mom at some point.

My first designer item was an acid green, mohair sweater by Acne. My mother and I split the cost so that I could afford it. I remember getting home from Stockholm sitting on the couch in the living room just admiring it! I was 15 I think, and that was about 1 year and 8 months ago. That progressed into me hopping onto brands like Burberry and Tory Burch. I mostly collect shoes, I'm pretty new on bags!

What was it?
Burberry Scarf (camel check)

How old were you when you got it?

Was it a treasured gift or a splurge you saved for?
Knew I wanted something iconic, so while in Kansas City I said why not.

Was it love at first sight?
Absolutely. Was in love with it the first time I saw it, still love wearing it today.

What was your first designer piece?

What was it? Dooney & Bourke "It Bag" Bucket Bag in White
How old were you when you got it? 16
Was it a treasured gift or a splurge you saved for? Splurge I saved for. My parents were financially well-off (upper middle class), but they were very adamant about me learining what it's like to work hard for the things I want. I got a job, and bought it with my first check. ;)
Was it love at first sight? Yes!! I saw it when me and a friend were leaving the mall...it was when the bags were first released (2003 maybe?) and I knew from that moment, I had to have that bag!
Do you still have it? No, I donated it a few years ago to an organization that is very close to my heart.

qzoms4.jpg

Credit: Polyvore

My first designer purse was a small Coach bag in black leather. I was 21 and purchased it at Bloomingdale's with my first paycheck from my first job after college. I think it was around $75. That was 15 years ago. It was a total splurge and at the time I felt so guilty about spending so much money on a purse! When my cousin turned 16 (about 8 years ago) I passed it down to her and she still uses it occasionally. I'm actually amazed that it is still in good condition.

My first luxury designer purse was at Louis Vuitton - Cabas Mezzo - I was probably 23 or 24 at the time. It is still one of my all time favorite bags and I don't regret spending the money on it at all.

My first designer piece is actually the Burberry Haymarket Check tote I bought at a fifty percent off, I was twenty seven or twenty eight, it was made in Italy, and yes, I still have it, love it, and use it.

Ferragamo pumps. I think I was in high school definitely college mainly because my mom wore them. Also I had (and of course still do) big feet and they were one of the only brands back then that went up to my size and didn't look like a man's shoe. It's very different now, but back then having big feet age 10 was mortifying. The comments I'd get made me loathe back to school shoe shopping. I still have those shoes.
I got a couple Coach bags in hs and college too but that's when they had only a few boutiques that looked like small, English libraries in high end locations not in every mall near you, all their products were only leather and their C hadn't exploded all over everything.

That I bought myself at c. 25 or so a Prada coat that I wear as a dress at a Neiman Marcus last call sale.