Your first designer piece: what was it, how old were you, do you still have it?

It was the 80s and it was a Norma Kamalii sweater with snap front and major shoulders and a matching mini skirt. I wish I still had that sweater just to take it out and look at it!

What was it?
LV brown damier soho backpack

How old were you when you got it?

Was it a treasured gift or a splurge you saved for?
Spurge gift from father.

Was it love at first sight?
YES! Saw it in Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills, being displayed in the case and wanted it. So I looked for my father and told him I liked the backpack and he got it for me.

I'm beyond jealous!

What was it?
*I think* it was called Coach signature mini hobo

How old were you when you got it? 22

Neither. It was a birthday gift from an ex boyfriend. Not that I wasn't grateful, but it was just too small for me, and really not my type of bag.

Nope, never seen it until I got it.:amuse:

Awesome thread!

What was your first designer piece?
-First designer piece(s): 2x Coach bags - a small logo bag in light leather and a slightly larger logo hobo bag in dark leather - plus matching coin pouches
-First *truly* designer piece: these Proenza Schouler boots!
www.forwardforward.com/fw/DisplayProduct.jsp?code=PROE-WZ16&d=Womens

-Coach bags: 14
-Proenza boots: 21 (my current age)

-Coach bags: just a spontaneous gift from relatives
-Proenza boots: a random splurge when I saw them on sale, I wasn't saving for them in particular.

-Coach bags: well yes, they were my 14 y.o. self's very first higher-end items :smile:
-Proenza boots: YES. I just had to have them.

Since I was ~19, I've moved away from wearing cheap clothes (a la H&M, Forever 21 etc) and into mostly upper-middle to high end stuff...for me it's not a matter of brand snobbery, I simply prefer the superior quality and designs. Besides, I've found that by shopping 'smart' (thrifting + heavy discount shopping), I haven't had to spend a fortune to own a wardrobe that reads like a boutique :tup:

What was it?
*I think* it was called Coach signature mini hobo

How old were you when you got it? 22

Neither. It was a birthday gift from an ex boyfriend. Not that I wasn't grateful, but it was just too small for me, and really not my type of bag.

Nope, never seen it until I got it.:amuse:

It sounds like an awkward present! It was nice of your boyfriend, though. :smile:

Awesome thread!

What was your first designer piece?
-First designer piece(s): 2x Coach bags - a small logo bag in light leather and a slightly larger logo hobo bag in dark leather - plus matching coin pouches
-First *truly* designer piece: these Proenza Schouler boots!
www.forwardforward.com/fw/DisplayProduct.jsp?code=PROE-WZ16&d=Womens

-Coach bags: 14
-Proenza boots: 21 (my current age)

-Coach bags: just a spontaneous gift from relatives
-Proenza boots: a random splurge when I saw them on sale, I wasn't saving for them in particular.

-Coach bags: well yes, they were my 14 y.o. self's very first higher-end items :smile:
-Proenza boots: YES. I just had to have them.

Since I was ~19, I've moved away from wearing cheap clothes (a la H&M, Forever 21 etc) and into mostly upper-middle to high end stuff...for me it's not a matter of brand snobbery, I simply prefer the superior quality and designs. Besides, I've found that by shopping 'smart' (thrifting + heavy discount shopping), I haven't had to spend a fortune to own a wardrobe that reads like a boutique :tup:

I can't get the PS boots link to work! :sad: But they seem perfect! I love your view on shopping. I've never really enjoyed brands like Forever 21 because I just don't seem to get my money's worth. I'm still in my teen years, so saving up and splurging is challenging. But I have been thrifting more (haven't found anything yet!) and I signed up for things like Haute Look, Rue La La, Gilt Groupe, The Outnet, and most recently Barney's Warhouse Sale. Yay for quality items! :smile:

It was the early 80s..I was a poor college student who splurged on a pair of Calvin Jeans! I can still remember laying down and using a hanger to pull up the zipper( it was way before the stretch in jeans)

And yes they were treasured and Luv at first site!

Sadly I no longer have them..But I so wish I did,just for the memories!

It was the early 80s..I was a poor college student who splurged on a pair of Calvin Jeans! I can still remember laying down and using a hanger to pull up the zipper( it was way before the stretch in jeans)

And yes they were treasured and Luv at first site!

Sadly I no longer have them..But I so wish I did,just for the memories!

Oh the memories! :smile:

I had to get my first real-paying job to get anything designer, and it was a pair of Giuseppe Zanotti black leather tie-up sandals with gorgeous gold detailing. This was about 6 years ago - still cherish them!