Your first designer pair ever?

LeeLee1098

Apr 16, 2011
I honestly just jumped on the shoe bandwagon within the last 5 years or so. But once I started, I couldn't stop! I didn't make much back then tho, so I shopped non-designer.

Finally, though, it was around my birthday about two years ago. Me and DH were at Saks looking at their shoes. I looked thru the Jimmy Choos, the Manolos, etc but nothing really took my breath away and I didn't want to just buy high end for the sake of paying for the label.

Then I saw these Guiseppes and literally gasped. DH could not deny their beauty either. They felt amazing on, fit perfect, and are classic enough to be around forever.

My collection is still pretty modest, but it has grown to include CL, YSL, Jimmy Choo, D&G, Pierre Hardy, Pedro Garcia.

So my question(s):
1. What was the first pair of designer shoes you ever bought?
2. How long ago and where?
3. What made you choose them? Had you been stalking them or was it a spur of the moment decision?

Attachments

• image-2817911516.jpg
    image-2817911516.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 974
What a gorgeous first shoe!

So my question(s):
1. What was the first pair of designer shoes you ever bought? Christian Louboutin ruched silk black peep toes
2. How long ago and where? CL Boutique in NYC on 5th Ave in 2004
3. What made you choose them? Had you been stalking them or was it a spur of the moment decision? I had been shoe obsessed for years and decided that while I was in NYC, I was going to take the plunge and get a pair of designer shoes. So I went into the boutique, picked a pair, nearly screamed with excitement. My husband proposed the next day. Good trip.

I think my first pair of designer shoes were my sky blue Gucci Sunsets - just love them, comfy and beautiful :smile:
How long ago ... 4 years ago I think
Had been eyeing different designer shoes for quite a while - but then there was a sale in Gucci's and with 50% off I had to get them!

Gucci1.jpg

kett said:
What a gorgeous first shoe!

Thanks!! And I love your story! First pair + proposal = bliss!

Black_Swarmer said:
I think my first pair of designer shoes were my sky blue Gucci Sunsets - just love them, comfy and beautiful :smile:
How long ago ... 4 years ago I think
Had been eyeing different designer shoes for quite a while - but then there was a sale in Gucci's and with 50% off I had to get them!

Beautiful!!

Great question!

1. What was the first pair of designer shoes you ever bought? I THINK it was a pair of Missoni high-heeled loafers
2. How long ago and where? It was 2008-2009 ish and online
3. What made you choose them? Had you been stalking them or was it a spur of the moment decision? It was an impulse. They were majorly marked down and I felt like I just had to have them. Of course, since they are fabric I am paranoid that they will get ruined so I rarely wear them.

Black patent Manolo Blahnik Campari peep-toe pumps.
April 2007?
Manolo Blahnik boutique NY.

I had always wanted a pair, and decided to get a pair for 'job well done' at first year uni for myself.

My first pair were from Chloe (F/W 06), they are black patent with a wood wedge.
Bought them in 2009, BN from ebay for $300 (which was big for me- I'm a student).
3. What made you choose them? Had you been stalking them or was it a spur of the moment decision?
I had just joined TPF and found this thread about a russian socialite (Miroslava Duma) and I saw her wearing these wedges with everything. I was mad for them and immediately went looking. I've always been shoe obsessed, but from that point on, it's been designer all the way... I still wear them all the time! :biggrin:

Jimmy Choo Feline Booties

My second year of college

I saw a picture of Olivia Palermo wearing them, and she looked so good in them! I purchased them when they went on sale, and I love them so much. The quality is amazing.

IMG_2237A.jpg

Olivia-Palmero-in-Jimmy-Choo.jpg

Awww! I am loving all these stories!

jen_sparro said:
Bought them in 2009, BN from ebay for $300 (which was big for me- I'm a student).

I know what you mean! The price tag was def hard for me to swallow, but at the same time I was proud I could do it.

fumi said:
I saw a picture of Olivia Palermo wearing them, and she looked so good in them! I purchased them when they went on sale, and I love them so much. The quality is amazing.

Love love love these!

1. My first pair was the Jimmy Choo Smooth sandal.
2. I got them for my 16th birthday so 3 years ago from Saks!
3. They went great with my birthday dress but it was definitely spur of the moment. I had no idea I'd get a pair of Jimmy Choos that day but I love them so much! Plus I love strappy heels!

1. Christian Louboutin black/gold Salopette 100

2. I think it was ... summer 2009

3. I saw them on sale and I had never been near a pair of Louboutins at that time, I had just been obsessing from afar. So at that price, I could no longer resist :smile:
I was studying at the time, but had been saving some money, so I spent nearly all of them on these shoes. Haha. I still remember my mom's reaction. Plus, starting buying designer shoes quickly gets expensive ;)

My first pair was Tom Ford Gucci sandals with metal heels.

I didn't buy them my DH bought them for me after I had made a brief comment about a magazine article I had read about them. At that time I had never worn any stiletto heels.

It was an amazing feeling when I came downstairs after he had gone to work to see an enormous Gucci bag all beautifully wrapped, I had no idea what was in the bag!

1. My first pair was christian Louboutin simple pump 85mm.
2. I got them after my high school graduation so it's about 6 yrs ago.
3.I went to buy YSL mary jane pumps but switched to CL :smile::smile: its been 6yrs but still love it!!! perfect classic pump