Your favourite seasonal bags?

Well until recently I've only had my oak Phoebe, and because she and I had a long distance relationship (I was at uni in Leeds and she lived with my parents in Sussex, carefully packed away), I used her pretty much all the time when I was home! I was home 2 weeks each Christmas and Easter, plus normally a week in January and then end of May through to mid September. I take her out even when it rains: I usually carry her on my shoulder anyway, so she's protected by my arm and an umbrella... I'm careful not to let any rain spot her!

Now that I have my two patent bags, I can see them getting used much more in the winter and Phoebe being on her holidays. In general, I see my Bays as a much smarter bag than the Phoebe... I don't think it's the colour of Phoebe, but the fact that she has so much hardware makes her look more casual and less officey, but that's just my opinion. Having said all of that, I tend to just match my bag best to my outfit rather than the season at the mo: because my Bays is new and I love it, I've been taking it out a lot even though I don't think it's very summery!

Your black patent bays will look fab all year round , I think! This is another bag that i would love to own one day. It is something special. Perfect for taking to an office as well, weather be damned.

You make a good point re an umbrella helping to keep your bag dry. I had not thought of that as i never have a hand free to hold one as pushing buggy. There is hope for me for the future then. As soon as dd3 is not in a buggy, you are right that i can use an umbrella and be a bit more adventurous in bad weather xx

The bag I pack away for Winter is my navy leopard bays. Haven't used it for months but did you it loads in the winter so I know it will be perfect when the duller wetter weather returns. All of my others are kind of year round.

My "Summer bags" are Denim Poppy and Oak Printed Bays. These will be packed away in Autumn until next Spring. As for Winter, I tend to favor Green Goatskin Bays as it is indestructible and I hope to get a Black Chloe Paraty in the autum which will also be a winter bag. The rest of my collection is used pretty much year round.

IWANB, They had a medium Black Mitzy Hobo at Bicester today I'm sure :graucho:

Charlie and Blue, sounds like you both have got your seasonal bags well under control and have all situations covered. It will be sad putting summer bags away though i fear.
Arrrgh! All these reports of gorgeous black medium mitzys for sale, lol! Given that cerise daria satchel and hobo are still kicking around in outlets and are now over a season's old I am secretly hoping that black hobo will still be turning up at outlets after xmas when my ban lifts! xx

I wear my bags all year round I suppose :thinking:. Haven't been a Mulberry addict a whole year yet! I tend to use apple Roxanne and lavender Phoebe more in the summer because of their brighter colour. Choco Roxy is more of a autumn/winter bag imo and safe in the rain and oak Bays is for work. My new one however :graucho: is not very fond of rain......

Congrats on your new bag slow! Looking forward to seeing it.choc and black both great winter colours I agree.

Lmm, it makes total sense to get mitzy I know! I am sure that one day I will get my hands on one xx