Your favourite Mulberry era (or the ones that got away)

watchthestars

Jan 10, 2008
I first got into Mulberry in 2008, as my PF joining date will testify! I bought my black NVT Bays and choc NVT Roxanne that year (£495 and £595, they seem like total bargains now!) followed by a fuschia Mabel in the Christmas sale, and there were plenty of bags around that time that I loved but just couldn't afford.

Fast forward a few years and I've sold the Mabel and kept finding myself looking for these 2008-09 bags on eBay. I bought an A4 Roxanne Tote last year and there's another bag set to arrive today...

So what's your favourite era and have you snapped up any favourites years later?

I first got into Mulberry in 2008, as my PF joining date will testify! I bought my black NVT Bays and choc NVT Roxanne that year (£495 and £595, they seem like total bargains now!) followed by a fuschia Mabel in the Christmas sale, and there were plenty of bags around that time that I loved but just couldn't afford.

Fast forward a few years and I've sold the Mabel and kept finding myself looking for these 2008-09 bags on eBay. I bought an A4 Roxanne Tote last year and there's another bag set to arrive today...

So what's your favourite era and have you snapped up any favourites years later?
I got into mulberry in spring 2011 and joined the forum in july that year. My favourite bag is the bayswater which had been around for about 10 years I think. I just love the style. To be honest any bag with lots of hardware and buckles is not for me (although I do love my Darias with their blingy discs as I think the disc stops the bag from being a boring old sack).

My tastes are very simple. I avoid styles that are too trendy and I get really put off when a bag is considered an IT bag.

I also like the lily as it is a wonderful ladylike bag.

I also find the Taylor is a classy bag but sadly I don't own one as it is messenger.

I love the classics and in particular love the AG finish I think it's circa 04/05? So this would be the age I wish Mulberry would revert to.
I just think its so hard wearing, practical and suits me!!

Looking forward to your reveal :smile:

I discovered Mulberry in 1990, and was just stunned about the quality. At that time, I had a more "lady like" style than today, so now I'm more on the darwin line.
However, IMO the quality of the products were over all higher in the 90's than it is today.

It's so interesting to read about other people's favourite styles.

Back to my reveal: it's not a Roxy, or a Mabel (had two, sold both!) and it's a warm beige colour. Will post another photo shortly!

Poppy?

There have been a few that got away. Rivington, Langham, A4 Roxy Tote, Dahlia, Gerlinda, Scribble Lily. I do prefer the styles and leather of 04 - 08, I find alot of the new styles are slow burn, I didn't like the Alex at all when it was introduced, and in fact still don't like the OS or Regular but really love my Mini Lexi :biggrin: in fact it's also the same for Taylor, didn't really like it until I saw the Mini Petrol!