Your favorite thing about your BBag?

Cherie818

Aug 8, 2012
Hello! I got my first Balenciaga this week, a pre-loved Velo in Bleu Obscur (f/w 2016) that I am completely in love with. Serious love. I have just short of a million bags (Gucci, LV, Fendi, Coach, Kate Spade), but this one has quickly risen to the top of the list. I love the aesthetics of this bag, it's classy looking without being too refined and the leather is soft and gorgeous. I'm tall and always struggle with the length of the straps on crossbody bags, this one is perfect. It molds to my body when I carry it crossbody, I have other crossbody bags that are too deep and hang awkwardly. The handles for arm carry are soft and comfortable. It holds just the right amount, the zippers are super smooth, it's lightweight, I could go on and on.

What Balenciaga do you have, and what do you love about it? I feel like I've just dipped my toes into this wonderful world, and would love to hear about the bags you love. Vwnvx0DtRpSky+b3xntJTQ.jpg :smile:

Thanks!
Cherie

Hello! I got my first Balenciaga this week, a pre-loved Velo in Bleu Obscur (f/w 2016) that I am completely in love with. Serious love. I have just short of a million bags (Gucci, LV, Fendi, Coach, Kate Spade), but this one has quickly risen to the top of the list. I love the aesthetics of this bag, it's classy looking without being too refined and the leather is soft and gorgeous. I'm tall and always struggle with the length of the straps on crossbody bags, this one is perfect. It molds to my body when I carry it crossbody, I have other crossbody bags that are too deep and hang awkwardly. The handles for arm carry are soft and comfortable. It holds just the right amount, the zippers are super smooth, it's lightweight, I could go on and on.

What Balenciaga do you have, and what do you love about it? I feel like I've just dipped my toes into this wonderful world, and would love to hear about the bags you love. View attachment 4448837 :smile:

Thanks!
Cherie
Welcome! The leather looks really nice on this one, what year is it? I have a Velo, as well as a bunch of other styles. Have you looked through the reference threads and the clubhouse threads? Worth a look...

https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/balenciaga-reference-library.106/

https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/balenciaga-clubhouse.112/

What Balenciaga do you have, and what do you love about it? I feel like I've just dipped my toes into this wonderful world, and would love to hear about the bags you love. View attachment 4448837 :smile:

Thanks!
Cherie
you got a gorgeous bag, in one of the most timeless options - dark blue with reg hw, which means it's a forever bag!
but asking what bags others have might be very dangerous, as if some of the members will post their collections it will take you straight to the rabbit hole :lol:
many here have more than 20-30 Bal bags (including myself) and we are all hooked junkies, so beware, it's a very slippery slope! :lol:
we love to see mod shots and new ideas of styling our beloved Bbags, so please, post yours as much as you can! :heart:
My favourite thing about Bal in general is the vibe these bags give to me, it's MY wave, MY style :rochard:

Attachments

• road-warning-sign-picture-id821479398.jpg
    road-warning-sign-picture-id821479398.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 343
Welcome! The leather looks really nice on this one, what year is it? I have a Velo, as well as a bunch of other styles. Have you looked through the reference threads and the clubhouse threads? Worth a look.

Thank you! I'm really happy with the condition of the bag. It's from F/W 2016.

I have read those threads, love what I'm seeing! :smile:

Reactions: muchstuff
you got a gorgeous bag, in one of the most timeless options - dark blue with reg hw, which means it's a forever bag!
but asking what bags others have might be very dangerous, as if some of the members will post their collections it will take you straight to the rabbit hole :lol:
many here have more than 20-30 Bal bags (including myself) and we are all hooked junkies, so beware, it's a very slippery slope! :lol:
we love to see mod shots and new ideas of styling our beloved Bbags, so please, post yours as much as you can! :heart:
My favourite thing about Bal in general is the vibe these bags give to me, it's MY wave, MY style :rochard:

I did think about that when I asked the question, but it's a slippery slope I welcome! I am so excited about this bag and can't wait to jump in and discover more about the brand.

You have 20-30 Bal bags? Congrats!! How do you store them and how often do you switch bags? That's amazing, how fun!

Reactions: ksuromax
I did think about that when I asked the question, but it's a slippery slope I welcome! I am so excited about this bag and can't wait to jump in and discover more about the brand.

You have 20-30 Bal bags? Congrats!! How do you store them and how often do you switch bags? That's amazing, how fun!
actually more, but don't tell my husband :lol:
they are soft and i store them stacked, some flat like pancakes, some just nested into each other :smile:
i switch often, sometimes every day, sometimes 2-3 times a week, depends on what i carry and where i go ;)

"Slippery slope" is a very apt descriptor! I remember when I got my first I swore I would never pay that much again for a bag; it would be my one luxury indulgence. Then I started to get that itch again...and I had to admit to myself I wanted another. After my second one, it was more, this is it- for now! :giggle:

Reactions: Cherie818
Welcome to the B World !!! The Velo that you have is a discontinued model & well loved by many! If you do more research, you will know that Balenciaga discontinued quite a number of model. Leaving with mostly the "staple" City Motor range & lots of non motor range.

Many of us here, who used to be ONLY oldies lover, swore hard when those non motor range started rolling in :lol::lol::lol::lol: (including me). And i must say that now, many of us here, own at least 1 piece of the new creation! :lol::lol::lol:

You have been warned it's a slippery road ahead !!:graucho::graucho::graucho:

Since I have old bags, I can say that I love that they have no branding on them. Anyone not familiar, hasn't any idea what you are carrying. I love how soft. textured and silky the leather is on most of them, as well as how unstructured and slouchy they are. Favorite thing of all (and why I'm a fan for life) is their feather weight! The easiest bag to tote around no matter how large it is. Huge Days, Works and Weekenders are amazingly light before you fill them up. I have not come across anything lighter that is half as beautiful. :hbeat:

I love how lightweight they are, at least those that I have. I only have two - a club, which is a really hard to find hobo style, and a velo. The colors are beautiful. I love the club the most because it has two outside pockets, fits comfortably on the shoulder and is the perfect size. I think I'm going to look for a Day. I was very tempted by the papier zip around in the store but they didn't have a color I needed. Now I see the perfect color on the website. I wonder why they didn't offer to order it.