Food Your favorite snacks...

Do you like a thick hummus? The best ones are the ones made at home! Here's a link to a recipe for the most amazing hummus ever!!! Thick, garlicky, and authentic!

http://appetizer.allrecipes.com/az/Hummus.asp

Also, I use a fork to mash the chickpeas instead of the blender....it comes out thick and more consistant with the texture you may want!

oh yeah, use a GOOD extra virgin olive oil! My choice is an organic, cold pressed spanish olive oil....

IntlSet said:
Can someone recommend a good brand of store-bought hummus? I've never found one.

My favorite snacks include home made hummus and pita strips, Greenstar Market made fig bars, AND the "NO pudge organic mint chocolate brownie!" It is soooo good! All you have to do is mix in 2/3 C of plain yogurt and 1tsp of vanilla. Make it in a 8 by8 pan, cool, cut, and stick them in the freezer! They don't freeze, but taste amazing when they're cold....they are so addictively good! For the health concious, they are fat free, low calorie, organic, and have fiber in the them!

I strongly advocate making and eating them!:lol::lol:

Here's a link to them for more info!

http://www.nopudge.com/

Enjoy! I think I'm going to go grab myself one know...:lol:

ooooh i love the no pudge brownies.....i make myself single servings all the time in the microwave......just a little mix and a tablespoon or two of vanilla yogurt......yummmmmmmmy fudgy goodness without the pudgey badness

and i also love to eat the spicy asian cheetos and the frozen japanese juice bar thingies......so fobby i know but i can't help myself

and anything carbonated.....soda....juice with perrier.......fizzy candy.....

oh and thank u soybean for the hummus recipe......just gotta go out and buy some tahini now and i'm set......me love hummus

"Once Again" Tahini (the roasted one) is really good for the hummus recipe! Careful though, this hummus is soooo addictive too! I've tried every hummus, and this one is amazing! I love this hummus in my sandwich as well.

My fav. sandwich is this hummus with fresh spinach, tomato, cucumber, advocado and parsley-garlic dressing on thick hand sliced multi-grain bread.

jc2239 said:
ooooh i love the no pudge brownies.....i make myself single servings all the time in the microwave......just a little mix and a tablespoon or two of vanilla yogurt......yummmmmmmmy fudgy goodness without the pudgey badness

and i also love to eat the spicy asian cheetos and the frozen japanese juice bar thingies......so fobby i know but i can't help myself

and anything carbonated.....soda....juice with perrier.......fizzy candy.....

oh and thank u soybean for the hummus recipe......just gotta go out and buy some tahini now and i'm set......me love hummus

I'm seriously craving hummus now. :smile: Try spreading some on half a lightly toasted bagel of your choice (I usually use onion or everything), top with a tomato slice, scallions, and a little grated cheese of your choice. Pop under the broiler. More of a meal than a snack but very good.

I also like onion dip made with cream cheese instead of sour cream. But it's a very special, very rare treat!!

And See's chocolate? Have you tried the dark chocolate chip truffles? Yum.

When it comes to food, I am the hardest person to manage ever!!! I have many food allergies so that makes it difficult.

But I am with many of you- I love hummus!! Vlad and I take it out like it is our job. There is really good hummus at Wild Oats and Whole Foods...

I LOVE hummus!

but for snacks, I am a sweets person. Anything chocolate is my favorite snack, and (so bad I know) I usually end up foregoing the healthy food in favor of lesser quantities of bad food.
I'm going to stop eating sugar so much though. And eat more hummus.

I like to snack on all sorts of nuts. Lately my fav has been cashews. Love almonds too! I grab a few cashews here and there throughout the day...I love 'em!

Also like "Pecan Cinnamon Crunch" and "Cashew Crunch" by Mareblu Naturals. They're all natural, kosher, 100% vegan, gluten-free, cholesterol-free, and dairy free. They're yummy!!! :yes: (btw, No I'm not vegan...) Vegetarian though..

Also like..."Almond Crunch", and "Walnut Crunch" snacks by Mrs. Mays which are pretty much the same thing..like Mareblu Naturals.

I came upon these at Costco. Looked good, so I bought 'em.