Your favorite/ Least favorite... a survey

Manelieht

Apr 1, 2014
I thought it would be interesting to have a little survey about bag preferences :smile: Favorite styles, designers, hardware etc. and of course your least favorite too.

Basically you just copy the text and add your own answers. Whatever you can't answer simply leave blank.

I will post the questions without answers first and then my answers.

Hope to see a lot of interesting answers! :biggrin:

What is your....:

Favorite Designer(s) | Least favorite Designer(s)

Favorite Bag(s) | Least favorite Bag(s)

Favorite Material | Least favorite Material

Favorite Hardware | Least favorite Hardware

Favorite slouchy bag design | Least favorite slouchy bag design

Favorite structured bag design | Least favorite structured bag design

Favorite type of leather | Least favorite type of leather

Favorite bag handles | Least favorite bag handles

Favorite way to carry a bag (cross body etc.) | least favorite way to carry a bag

Favorite colors | Least favorite colors

Favorite bag size | Least favorite bag size

Favorite designer logos | least favorite designer logos

Most "tacky" designer bags | Least "tacky" designer bags

Most underrated bag | Most overrated bag

Most unique bag | Least unique bag

Favorite bag shape | Least favorite bag shape

Most chic designer | Least chic designer

Designer with the least quality issues | Designer with the most quality issues

Fashion house with highest quality production | Fashion house with least quality production

Style of hardware you prefer (clasps, buckles, locks) | Style of hardware you don't prefer

Bag that is worth the price | Bag that isn't worth the price

Designer that is worth the price | designer that isn't worth the price

Favorite type of bag lining | least favorite type of bag lining

Favorite non designer bag brand | Least favorite non designer bag brand

Favorite type of zipper | least favorite type of zipper

Favorite current bag "trend" (gussets, zippers etc.) | Least favorite current bag "trend"

Favorite Pockets on a bag | least favorite pockets on a bag

Favorite closure type(zipper, snap, turn lock, magnet etc.) | Least favorite closure type

Favorite type of print (monogram, patterns, florals etc.) | Least favorite type of print

Favorite Designer Bag store | Least favorite designer bag store

Designer with best warranty/ service | Designer with worst warranty / service

Most practical bag | Least practical bag

Favorite Mini Bag

Favorite Medium Bag

Favorite Large Bag

Fav - I can only say so far I like the style of: Fossil, Chloe, Mulberry, Celine, Fendi, YSL, Rebecca Minkoff, Proenza Schouler, Balenciaga, Givenchy, Furla, Marc by Marc Jacobs and Miu Miu, Coach, Kate Spade, Red Valentino, See by Chloe, Pour la Victoire, Time's Arrow

Least- I often or always dislike Juicy Couture, George Gina Lucy, Love Moschino...I'm sure there is more I forgot about

- Rm Jules Crossbody, RM MAM, RM MAC, Fossil Sydney Satchel, Fossil54 Satchel, MCM little Veronika Visetos Snake, Chloe Paraty, Chloe Marcie, Chanel Classic Flap, Fendi Peekaboo, Mulberry Bayswater, Mulberry Alexa, Balenciaga Padlock all Afternoon, Givenchy Nightingale, Small YSL, LV Damier Azur Speedy 25, Phillip Lim Pashli Bag, Celine Luggage nano

- least favorite: The large Michael Kors totes, The colorful monogram LV bags

Good old leather! :smile: | just cotton or something like that

Gold or Brass, nice and heavy | Rhinestone covered?

Chloe Paraty | RM Nikki

MCM little Veronika ATM, so sharply structured! | can't think of one

Lamb I think | PU haha

Top handles | no handles (I like handles)

Favorite way to carry a bag (cross body etc.) | least favorite way to carry a bag
Over my right shoulder | In my hand

I like most colors but all shades of tan are what I prefer most I think | Maybe Khaki?

Small-Medium | Large

Fossil, Celine, Chanel, Chloe, Mulberry, RM | MOSCHINO, the MK "hoop earring", Juicy Couture. GGL

Juicy Couture, the ones with the juicy on them, annoying bling etc. http://www.womenjuicycouturesale.co...Ring-Bling-Daydreamer-Handbag-Pink-82_LRG.jpg | Mulberry is so far from tacky imo ;) as are most others.

MCM little Veronika (surprise find, their monogram bags are more popular) | LV Neverfull...it ain't bad, but don't find it that amazing. A bit boring.

Chanel Classic Flap | the huge MK totes...*yawn

Rectangle or square | Slouchy hobo baguette like...I want it to look like a handbag, not a sack of laundry.:P

Chanel | Campomaggi...their style is more rustic (not in a bad way)

Idk maybe Fossil? | Idk but RM has a lot and I heard of Miu Miu

Fashion house with highest quality production | Fashion house with least quality production
Can't say | Can't say

Style of hardware you prefer (clasps, buckles, locks) | Style of hardware you don't prefer
Turn locks or locks, keys, big clasps | Not sure

All my Fossil bags | I was considering a RM cupid or MAM and it seems the new bags aren't worth the 500.

I don't have enough bag experience

leather or something like linen/ textured | shiny, thin Polyester

Zara bags aren't bad, they pay attention to detail | Primark bags look like they will melt into toxic waste ^^'

Chunky metal zippers and metal zipper pull|Plastic zippers with tiny zipper pull

Favorite current bag "trend" (gussets, zippers etc.) | Least favorite current bag "trend"

Gussets and zippers ;) | Saffiano leather

Favorite pockets on a bag | least favorite pockets on a bag
I love a front flap and a back zipper pocket | many credit card slots...I have a wallet...

Favorite closure type(zipper, snap, turn lock, magnet etc.) | Least favorite closure type
Turn lock | when I have to unbuckle a strap!

Favorite type of print (monogram, patterns, florals etc.) | Least favorite type of print
LV Damier Azur, Prada Floral, Gucci Floral, Valentino Camo Butterfly | Coach monogram...always disliked it

I like online shopping and don't have much experience

Dont' have enough experience but RM's customer service wasn't bad. They exchanged my faulty bag twice, free of cost and fast shipping.

My Fossil Sasha Satchel (the rectangle version from '09)...the size, the pockets, ease of wear...an allrounder! | A Fossil Suede hobo I own...very pretty but it gets very heavy, the shoulder straps can be difficult and stiff and things just get lost. It isn't horrible, but my least practical bag for sure.

Favorite Mini Bag
Jules Crossbody atm, so cute and practical

Favorite Medium Bag
Fossil Sasha Satchel

Favorite Large Bag
I don't like large bags and none of mine are truly large. My biggest tote is M-L I would say.

I'll play since I have a gap between meetings

What is your....:

Most favorite - LV, Bal, Marc Jacobs
Least - Juicy Couture. Too teenagerish for me

Fav bags - LV Mahina XS, Bal City
Least fav bag - Coach signatures. Loved them when I was in college but grew out of it

Fav material - leather but I also like coated canvas & nylon bc I live in a city that has a 4-season climate
Least - scratchy materials like wool

I can go both ways on silver or brass/gold. I like to mix/match with my jewelry

Fav - LV Mahina (any style). I loooooooove slouchy Mahina leather!
Least - I love the braided look of the LV Artsy when I see it on other people but I thought the handle was really uncomfortable when I took it for a spin

Fav - LV Manhattan PM. Love the buckles and the piping. It screams Marc Jacobs with the brass buckles with the traditional LV mono print. I know MJ style buckles are polarizing but I'm personally in the "love!" camp
Least fav - LV Papillon. I just don't love the mini duffel bag shape but that's personal preference

Fav - Feeling like a broken record but LV Mahina leather. So soft. So supple. So slouchy.
Least fav - Pleather/faux leathers. I know it's chic to go green but to me they just feel weird to the touch

I'm an equal opportunity handle-ist

Again, I kind of go all over the map. I used to refuse to wear top handle bags but I tend to wear my Bal City with the top handles in the crook of my arm rather than with the shoulder strap. And I love my LV Manhattan which also has a top handle. But I'd say in general I favor crossbody functionality since I live in a big city and am often on the go

I love lots of different colors but I tend to choose cooler tones

Depends on what my needs are. If I need to carry my laptop around I'll use a larger bag but if I'm going out with my husband/friends or just running quick errands I prefer smaller bags that fit the essentials

I love LV mono print but I know it's polarizing

I feel like I answered this before but Juicy Couture bags just don't float my boat

I think that Milly makes cool, unique bags

I like bags that have some structure but are still a little slouchy like the Bal City

Probably Hermes. If I allowed myself a limitless fashion budget I would love a Kelly. Maybe someday! For now it's more responsible for me to spend that level of dollars on stocks/mutual funds than handbags

I once had a Vera Bradley cloth bag that started falling apart after I had it for a couple years

I've been lucky to not really have quality issues with any "fashion house" purse I've bought. Actually I guess I did just take in a nylon crossbody Prada for repair but I also have had that bag for nearly 5 years before the buckle holding the crossbody strap to the body of the purse wore through (the pin broke)

Love buckles, love turn locks. I don't have any bags that close with just a clasp

I think LVs are great bc the preloved market is very healthy

I have one Tory Burch bag and I do like it but honestly I don't think I'd buy another one

I have one of the Neiman Marcus 10th Anniversary Bal City bags and I am in love with the white/black/blue leopard print lining. It makes me smile every time I unzip that purse!

I have gold clutch from a no-name designer that I've had forever and love to pieces but I honestly couldn't tell you what it's called

I prefer metallic zippers to plastic ones

The Stella McCartney bags that have the chain piping always catch my eye, as well as the zippered bags that go all around the handles

I love Marc Jacobs buckled pockets. So useful for sticking essentials like your phone, lip gloss, train pass, etc

Zipper with a buckle on top. Like the LV Mahina XS which I clearly can't stop talking about because I love it so much! Again for city living I like the extra security. A pickpocket would have to work really hard to get in there

I tend to not go for printy bags these days other than LV monogram or damier. All the rest of my bags are leather/single color. I would love to someday find a preloved LV leopard Speedy though, I think they are very cool. My least favorite prints are the LV Murakimi cartoon prints, Ikats and multicolor monograms because I think they're too loud

I prefer high end department stores like Saks and Neiman Marcus because you can investigate lots of different designers and purse styles under one roof

I hear good things about Coach's warranty/service but only have one Coach and have never needed to take it in for repair. I am kind of disappointed that Prada is going to take so long to repair my nylon crossbody and that for the nature of repair I feel it is on the expensive side

My top 3 for practicality - LV Mahina XS (can be worn on the shoulder or crossbody), Bal City (can be worn top handle or on the shoulder), LV pochette (I switch between the vachetta clutch/wristlet strap that came with it and a long crossbody vachetta strap). Basically I love purses that can be worn a variety of ways

Favorite Mini Bag
LV mono pochette

Favorite Medium Bag
Tossup between Bal City and Mahina XS

Favorite Large Bag
Tossup between Marc Jacobs Stella and LV Neverfull GM

OK that was longer than I thought! But still fun to answer a survey & to chat about purses for a little bit ❤

That is quite the list, haha. Don't know how many I have answers for, but let's see...

Givenchy, Coach / Tory Burch, Juicy

Current favorite: Givenchy small Nightingale, bright red / Not sure

Leather / Not sure

Gold, gunmetal / Brass

Going with the current favorite again, Nightingale. / Not sure

Can't decide :P

Goat / Lamb

Not sure

Generally crossbody / handheld

Black, burgundy (most reds), purples / camel, some blues

Medium, something around 10 x 10 x 5 / anything super large

Givenchy / Michael Kors

Zips, clasps / buckles that you're actually meant to use to close the bag

Not sure/Proenza Schouler PS1

Suede/non-solid colors or signature

Internal zip pocket/exterior open

Zipper/buckle

Not sure/monogram

Coach/Not sure

Favorite Medium Bag
Givenchy Small Antigona, Nightingale, Coach Borough

Favorite Designer(s): Chloè, Liebeskind, Brics | Least favorite Designer(s): Kors, Guess, Goyard

Favorite Bag(s): Chloè Paraty, LV Trevi PM | Least favorite Bag(s): Any in-your-face logo bags, and any open, no-zip totes

Favorite Material: tanned, water-repellent leather | Least favorite Material: PU, nylon, raffia - and anything scratchy

Favorite Hardware: solid brass | Least favorite Hardware: plastic, nickel

Favorite slouchy bag design: Liebeskind Laptop 2 | Least favorite slouchy bag design: saggy hand-carried satchels

Favorite structured bag design: bell-shaped (like Paraty and Trevi) | Least favorite structured bag design: round, or narrow botton and wide top

Favorite type of leather: tanned, water-repellent cowhide | Least favorite type of leather: horse & reptile

Favorite bag handles: allow for shoulder-carry | Least favorite bag handles ------

Favorite way to carry a bag: crossbody | least favorite way to carry a bag: handheld

Favorite colors: any warm brown, red & grown (grey-brown) | Least favorite colors: white & any metallics

Favorite bag size: LV MM, Chloè Medium | Least favorite bag size: anything that can´t fit a hefty hardcover book

Favorite designer logos: Damier Ebene | least favorite designer logos: anything and everything else

Most "tacky" designer bags: anything by Guess, MK, Juicy, LV Mono, Chloè Paddington | Least "tacky" designer bags: LV both Damiers, all other Chloès, A. Wang, Hermès Evelyne & Lindy

Most underrated bag: anything by Liebeskind, Longchamp Le Pliage | Most overrated bag: ----

Most unique bag: A. Wang Marti | Least unique bag: Anything copied by MK, alas

Most chic designer: ---- | Least chic designer: MK, Guess, Juicy

Designer with the least quality issues Not sure, Liesbeskind or Longchamp? | Designer with the most quality issues Balenciaga, LV

Fashion house with highest quality production Probably Hermès or Delvaux | Fashion house with least quality production No idea!
Style of hardware you prefer (clasps, buckles, locks): Zipper, period. | Style of hardware you don't prefer: anything bling-y that serves no function and weighs the bag down

Bag that is worth the price: Most Liebeskinds and nylon Longchamps | Bag that isn't worth the price: Anything with a cost-per-wear ratio higher than 2 Euro/day (for a bag I´ll wear five years, once every 3 days)

Designer that is worth the price: Liebeskind, Longchamp, Brics | designer that isn't worth the price: see above question

Favorite type of bag lining: thick pure cotton | least favorite type of bag lining synthetics

Favorite non designer bag brand Mandarina Duck, Brics, Samsonite | Least favorite non designer bag brand ---

Favorite type of zipper: brass, simple | least favorite type of zipper non-brass, double

Favorite current bag "trend" (gussets, zippers etc.) tassels, sometimes | Least favorite current bag "trend" ---

Favorite Pockets on a bag: back, front, flat, almost invisible | least favorite pockets on a bag anything that bulges or curls

Favorite closure type(zipper, snap, turn lock, magnet etc.) | Least favorite closure type anything else

Favorite type of print (monogram, patterns, florals etc.) None | Least favorite type of print Brand logos

Favorite Designer Bag store: None | Least favorite designer bag store: None

Designer with best warranty/ service: Samsonite | Designer with worst warranty / service ---

Most practical bag: anything by Mandarina Duck or Samsonite | Least practical bag tiny heavy structured miniclutch

Favorite Mini Bag ----- Favorite Medium Bag LV Trevi PM Favorite Large Bag Chloè Paraty, Liebeskind Laptop 2

Here's mine:

LV, MK, LAMB, KS, Coach | none that I really don't like, just some I don't like enough to buy

LV Speedy and similar styles | anything open top

Coated canvas | uncoated fabric (not waterproof and gets grubby quickly)

shiny gold or silver (depending on colour of bag | 'aged' looking hardware (even if it's new and only intended to look old)

Coach Hailey (not the current Hailey, the one with the same name from a few years back) | anything open top

LV Totally and similar | hard sided ones

soft and not too thick | thick and heavy or anything that looks 'snakey'

rolled (like LV Speedy) | thin straps (like LV NF)

in hand or on crook of arm | crossbody

black or bright colours (red, purple, turquoise, etc.) | brown (I'll make an exception for LV!)

Speedy 25 | anything too big or small for what I need to carry

discreet (one name plate or a small logo here and there like LV DE) | big all over logo

Not a fan of gaudy colour combinations or studs or crystals

Don't know enough about bags to answer

I don't think they were designer, but the ones that looked like you had a dog or cat with a handle on it's back | LV Speedy (seen everywhere, but it's still my favourite)

Boston bag ( LV Speedy, LAMB Walderston) | open top totes

Don't know enough to answer

In my personal experience LV is the best and Liz Claiborne is the worst (zipper broke after a week)

not excessive amounts | buckles, chains

LV Speedy | 'to me' anything over $1,000

Satin with or without a logo pattern | canvas

Not sure what's considered designer

metal | nylon/plastic or the 'open' ones sewn on for decoration that snag your clothes

not sure

inside pockets for phone, keys, etc. | outside pockets

zipper | don't like any other kind

florals or cute patterns (example LAMB Union with the pairs of lambs) | over all big logos

MK | LV (sometime SAs are condescending)

for me LV Speedy | anything open top

Favorite Mini Bag

LV Pochette Accesoires or MK Jet Set Pouchette

Favorite Medium Bag

LV Speedy 25

Favorite Large Bag

LV Totally PM is the largest I would buy

Last edited:
DH said I spent too much time on TPF and I should be writing a paper. Oh well...

What is your....:

Balenciaga | MK

Balenciaga City | Anything monograms except for LV

Leather | Fabric

Givenchy Nightingale | dunno

Celine Luggage | Fendi Peekaboo

Goat | Faux leather :P

Top handle | dunno

Crossbody or on the shoulder | Handheld

Black | Light colors if getting dirty easily

Medium | Anything too large or too small

Givenchy | MK

Moschino | Chanel

Coach The Borough | Goyard Saint Louis

Celine Luggage/Phantom | Oh there are so many

Slouchy | Anything that looks bulky

Milly | Goyard

Coach | Rebecca Minkoff

Louis Vuitton | dunno

Don't have a preference

Coach The Borough | Goyard Saint Louis

Depends on the bag | Goyard

No preference

Kate Spade | Dooney & Bourke

No preference

Bucket bag | dunno

Any pocket in the front or back | dunno

No preference

Floral | Any monogram except for LV

Department stores like Saks, NM or Nordstrom | None

Haven't had to use it yet

LV Speedy-B | Mulberry Bayswater

Favorite Mini Bag
Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac

Favorite Medium Bag
Balenciaga City

Favorite Large Bag
Mulberry OS Alexa (but it is in fact medium large)

Last edited:
Disclaimers: I am a fairly loyal COACH collector. I skipped a few questions.

Stuart Vevers, Reed Krakoff, Balenciaga, Chloe, Dior | Kathy Van Zeeland, Juicy Couture, Longchamps, Louis Vuitton

COACH Legacy Archival Rambler, COACH Katarina | Longchamps nylon totes, LV Damier/Speedy

leather | nylon

light gold, rose gold, gunmetal, silver | yellow gold

COACH Bleecker Daily Shoulder Bag | SAK

COACH Peyton Cora Domed Satchel | Michael Kors boxier totes

satchel, shoulder | crossbody (because I'm too busty for that)

greens, greys, soft reds, soft neutrals | almost all blues (only like super light blues and super dark blues, anything else reminds me too much of UK - Blech!)

medium | too big, too small (but I do like smaller bags for evening)

See favorite and least favorite designers above.

COACH Katarina | LV Damier/Speedy

medium, structured satchel | north/south anything

See favorite and least favorite designers above.

turnlocks | buckles
COACH leathers | Louis Vuitton coated canvas

Reed Krakoff, Stuart Vevers | Hermes, Longchamps, Louis Vuitton

bright/light solid contrasting yet complementary color | dark

Fossil | SAK

full & smooth | breakaway

grommets, pintucking, smooth leathers | small crossbody, heavily pebbled leathers

outside phone slip pocket | flapped zipper pockets

turnlocks, full zippers | buckle, snap, magnet, breakaway zippers

COACH Factory Outlet (esp. delete section) | I have never been in LV, but would never because of their horrible CS reputation.

medium, zippered shoulder bag with lots of pockets but not too many compartments | clutch

Favorite Mini Bag
COACH clutches

Favorite Medium Bag
COACH Katarina

Favorite Large Bag
COACH Kristin Woven Round Satchel

I love all your replies ladies! I just spend a lot of time reading all of them. Very interesting to see the different preferences!

I know the poll is long and detailed and some questions may sound similar...I was trying to not leave anything out, but of course you can skip questions.

firstclasscoach
I though Fossil was a low end designer brand. At least I read so on TPF before and when I read the history about Tom Kartsotis and the brand.

This is constantly evolving, but here goes...

Favorite Designers: Dior, Delvaux, Tod's, Burberry, Marc Jacobs, Le Tanneur, Givenchy (used to be a huge Ferragamo fan, but nothing's impressed me in the last few seasons, though I love my older pieces)

Least Favorite Designers (generally not to my taste, though never say never): Celine, Coach, LV, Gucci

I usually buy and keep bags that serve different functions, and I only buy what I love, so I love them all for different reasons.

Favorite Material: Leather | Least favorite Material: I'm open minded as long as it's good quality

Favorite slouchy bag design: I mostly buy structured bags, but I like my MJ Rio

Favorite structured bag design: Delvaux Brilliant, Hermes Kelly, Miss Dior - also quite like Le Tanneur's Nina

Least favorite structured bag design: Heresy to answer :biggrin:

Favorite type of leather: Lambskin | Least favorite type of leather: Everything besides lambskin is pretty much tied, though I'm no longer crazy about patent leather

Favorite way to carry a bag: Shoulder, arm | least favorite way to carry a bag: crossbody

Favorite colors: Red and Black; I also tend to favor darker colors because they're easier to maintain

Favorite bag size: small to medium

Favorite designer logos: Burberry (Haymarket and House Check) is my no logo exception, can't explain why; otherwise, I dislike logo bags

Least favorite designer logos: LV, Coach, Gucci, Fendi, Dior (yes, Dior is one of my favorite designers, but I hate the canvas bags with the D)

Most underrated bag: Tod's | Most overrated bag: Too many to list :smile:

Favorite bag shape: All things structured are lovely

Designer with the least quality issues: Delvaux and Hermes| Designer with the most quality issues: too many these days

Fashion house with highest quality production: | Fashion house with least quality production: if just for bags, see above

I think all bags are overpriced. You just have to decide what brands/style you're willing to pay overprice for...

Favorite non designer bag brand : Indie designers for the quality; I also really like DKNY bags though I suppose that counts as a contemporary designer.

Favorite current bag "trend" (gussets, zippers etc.): I don't like trends

Favorite Designer Bag store: Dior | Least favorite designer bag store: Chanel and Prada

Last edited: